Story -- Englands International Season 2006/07 -- England V India -- [C2005]

Really!??!?!?! I thought it was real for a moment there....

Was there any real need to comment there???

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 3
Kolkata

-----

Two More Landmarks Reached:

Two more England batsmen reach 50 more runs each, Strauss adds to his 200 and Peitersen completes a good innings with a 50. He has played slowly by his standards but Strauss is still going as strong as ever, Laras record is just 150 runs off now... could it be broken?? I dont really think so to be honest, it would be nice buut 400 is a big ask. Meanwhile Peitersen will be looking to get another test century to go with the one he got during the last Ashes test. Both men will not be going cheaply, that we know, but just how many runs will they put on before Andrew Flintoff and Geraint Jones come in??? The partnership is only a few runs away from 150, the biggest so far, i have a feeling that it will get bigger and bigger the way these two are going!

97lc.jpg

100dh.jpg

England: 520/3

A Strauss: 251*
K Peitersen: 50*

I Pathan: 1/268
Z Khan: 0/59
A Kumble: 0/84
S Tendulkar: 2/88
Harbajan Singh: 0/5

----

S_Harmison said:
Really!??!?!?! I thought it was real for a moment there....

Was there any real need to comment there???
I don't know, just felt I had to say it. I mean, India aren't a quarter that bad in real life! :p :)

Yeah and besides India have come back in the past to win test matches from near impossible situations (aka Dravid and Laxman v Australia at Kolkata)

Sorry about the lack of updates, ive had a business AS exam that neede revising for, that out of the way now and another update is comming your way in about 15 mins!!!

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 3
Kolkata

-----

Peitersen Perishes:

Kevin Peitersen becomes the latest England batsmen to get a 50 and nto kick on to the hundred mark, the previous ones were Marcus Trescothick, Ian Bell and Michael Vaughan. He played a vital innings which could be pivitol in the match, after Bells wicket India were quite far behind but if the wicket of Peitersen had fellen early they could have picked up some momentum, it didnt happen and i think Peitersens slower rate of scoring reflected his mature attitude towards the situation, the actual wicket fell when he tried to drive Kumble through the covers, he played the wrong line and a thick inside edge send the ball crashing into leg stump. The misery is not over yet for India though because next to the crease is Andrew Flintoff who joined the party by crunching his very first ball to the boundary with a thunderous drive. He partners Andrew Strauss who is still going strong on 274* and looking in the best form of his career, we have mentioned it before and at this rate he might just do it... is Brian Laras record really going to be beaten???

98mb.jpg

England: 557/4

A Strauss: 274*
A Flintoff: 4*

I Pathan: 1/281
Z Khan: 0/59
A Kumble: 1/93
S Tendulkar: 2/98
Harbajan Singh: 0/5

----

Users who are viewing this thread