-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 3
Kolkata

-----

Two In Two For Harbajan:

Harbajan Singh has clawed another wicket back for India in the very next ball he bowled. Geraint Jones will be kicking himself that he hasnt cashed in on what seemed to be a run fest and Rahul Dravid will be kicking himself that he hadnt bowled the off spinner earlier, he might have pegged England back to a large total instead of gargantuan. He got a big stride in playing a defensive shot well forward and wasnt really balanced properly, the ball got a decetn edge and Dhoni behind the stumps took an excelent catch diving to his right. Andrew Strauss is still battling away on 353 and with just the tail to keep him company Laras record looks out of rech now....

118qr.jpg

England lead by 473 runs.

England: 684/5

A Strauss: 353*
A Giles: 0*

I Pathan: 1/390
Z Khan: 0/68
A Kumble: 1/109
S Tendulkar: 2/128
Harbajan Singh: 2/18

----

Last edited:
-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 3
Kolkata

-----

Giles Perishes As India Look To Wrap Things Up:

Ashley Giles lasted a few more balls than Geraint Jones but it was only a few. He was out to Sachin Tendulkar who yet again finds himself in on the wicket taking action. Another defensive shot gone wrong leads to another loss of a man, neither Giles nor Jones has done anything wrong, they have both been good bits of bowling, Jones could have stepped a little less far forwards but thats just being picky. Giles played the right line for the amount of turn Sachin had been getting and it was a sound sdefensive shot, it just came out of the rough a bit and jumped at him, it his the upper part of the bat and the sharp fielding of VVS Laxman pouched the chance, only three more wickets to take!

124sa.jpg

England lead by 474 runs.

England: 741/6

A Strauss: 354*
S Udal: 0*

S Tendulkar: 3/129
Harbajan Singh: 2/18

----

I feel that Strauss raching the record would be too much of a big task from here, the tailenders are not going to stand a chance if everytime i play a defensive shot the ball edges or pops up, maybe ill try to be more aggressive....

Well Strauss is in the top 5 test scores at the moment, that's an achievement!

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 3
Kolkata

-----

Udal Crumbles For A Duck Too:

Shaun Udal became Harbajan Singh's third wicket of the innings in two overs as he decided that attack was the best form of defense..... he was wrong. After seeing Geraint Jones and Ashely Giles perish to defensive shots in their first few balls Udal took it upon himself to try and hammer the off spinner out of the park in his, it didnt work and he thick edged it almost wide of the keeper who had to adjust in a split second and take a trumendous diving catch full stretch to his right! Udal and the next two in werent really expected to make any sort of score anyway so they were just fulfilling requirements, if they can hold out while Strauss goes to work then that great but if they cant then England will be in a great position to take the match!

132lt.jpg

England lead by 475 runs.

England: 742/6

A Strauss: 355*
M Hoggard: 0*

S Tendulkar: 3/129
Harbajan Singh: 3/19

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 3
Kolkata

-----

Tea Day 3:

England have reached tea on day 3 without losing another wicket. Matthew Hoggard has lasted 74 balls for his 27 balls which contained 2 well struck fours. The shaggy haired swing bowler has played well but the real story surrounding the next few overs will be Andrew Strauss who lies just two runs away from Brian Laras record, Hoggard hugged Andrew Strauss as they left and pitch and Strauss was clearly touched by the gesture, he is obviously filled with emotion, to get such a score against such a team is a great achievement and he should be extremely proud to have gotten so close should his wicket fall early.

96pv.jpg

103ii1.jpg

England lead by 551 runs.

England: 818/8

A Strauss: 398* (421)
M Hoggard: 27* (74)

I Pathan: 1/433
Z Khan: 0/74
A Kumble: 1/116
S Tendulkar: 3/146
Harbajan Singh: 3/19

----

Nice work from Hoggy there. Correct me if I'm wrong, if Strauss gets it he'll be the first Englishman since Hutton's 364?

You are correct there Freddie. Come on Strauss only 3 more runs!

What does the commentary team say if you get 400? Never got there unsurprisingly! :D

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 3
Kolkata

-----

Laras Record Is Broken:

It has taken him 422 balls and about 2 days worth of batting in the middle but Andrew Strauss has finally broken Brian Lara's test batting record of 400* with a score of 402*. What an achievement this is! Brain Lara's record came from 582 balls but Strauss has done it in almost a run a ball, this man is truly a great talent, Brian Lara burst onto the scene against Australia with a 277 and Strauss made back to back centurys against New Zealand when he made his debut, im not saying that Strauss is anywhere Lara's class yet but the potential is there! England need to kick on from here and win this test series to pull them back on track!

93dj1.jpg

----

James_W said:
What does the commentary team say if you get 400? Never got there unsurprisingly! :D

For me Benaud said ".and thats his century.."

Nothing Special.....

Users who are viewing this thread