Story -- Englands International Season 2006/07 -- England V India -- [C2005]

Great bowling England and great tactical thinking by Briggsy.
Lets see if they can infact chase this total and build a strong 1st innings lead.

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Kolkata

-----

End Of Day 1:

The England opening pair breathed a sigh of relief as they both went back to the pavillion with thier wickets in tact at the end of Day 1 here in Kolkata. Both Trescothick and Strauss played a few attacking shots, too many for the situation perhaps but there was only one shout which was against Andrew Strauss and it wasnt even close. The ball pitched putside the line of Strauss' off stump and he tried to drag it across to the legside, it hit him on the back leg but was outside the line so he coulcnt have been given out.

83dw.jpg

Scorecard and Bowling Statistics:

90ya.jpg

108hz.jpg

----

Last edited:
LOL!!! More words fo wisdom from the mighty Briggesy :) Well Anil Kumble is now operating and its only the seventh over!!!

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Trescothick Reaches Milestone:

Marcus Trescothick has settles English nerved by composing himself and stroking a fine half century which comes at a run a ball. He has played some creaming cover drives as you can see by the 10 boundaries he has scored. The left arm over seamers really suit his style of batting and neither Khan or Pathan have troubled him or Strauss yet Pathan has bowled straight throughout the innings. A bad bit of thinking by the Indian captain, he needs to change the seamer or bring on another spinner to compliment Kumble at the other end because Tresco and Strausy will batter these two left armers all day!

99vt.jpg

England: 88/0

M Trescothick: 54*
A Strauss: 34*

I Pathan: 0/52
Z Khan: 0/9
A Kumble0/27

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Ton Up For England:

The 100 partnership between Andrew Strauss and Marcus Trescothick, India still have no answer now and they have taken off Anil Kuble and replaced him with Zaheer Khan who is subsequently being hammered all over the ground, as is Pathan, every run scored has been a boundary virtually, this could become embarrasing for India if they dont get a wicket soon!

95ii.jpg

England: 100/0

M Trescothick: 54*
A Strauss: 46*

I Pathan: 0/52
Z Khan: 0/21
A Kumble: 0/27

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Strauss Strolls To Sixth Career 50:

Andrew Strauss has reached the half century landmark for the sixth time in his career and i cant think of an easier 50 he has scored, almost every single run came in boundaries, two sixes against the spinner Kumble, one straight back over his head and one over mid wicket with the inside out shot. England are really motoring now and these two could make centurys in this kind of form!!!

95gf.jpg

England: 107/0

M Trescothick: 55*
A Strauss: 52*

I Pathan: 0/59
Z Khan: 0/21
A Kumble: 0/27

----

Users who are viewing this thread