Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st Test : Live from Brisbane

match1rx6.jpg

The 3rd Man's Chat
: Post-Match Session

davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower : Hello and welcome to the 3rd Man's Chat for the post match session between Australia and England live from The Gabba in Brisbane. We have all witnessed a great test match with Australia succeeding in taking a 1-0 lead in this 5 match Ashes series by crushing England by 247 runs and Shane Warne playing a major role in in the Australia's victory.England are batting well overnight with a A.Cook and Ian Bell as they played the complete final session giving England a hope to save this test match. But day 5 was a nightmare for England batsmen as Shane Warne did all the damage with his spin and the legendary leg spinner finished with a match-winning figures of 7 wickets for just 22 runs giving Australia a 1-0 lead in this 5 match Ashes series. With me in the studio are Geoffrey Boycott and Ian Chappell.Let me start with Ian Chappell and ask his views on this massive victory by Australia over England.

ianchappellso9.jpg
Ian Chappell : Terrific victory for Australia to take a 1-0 lead and now they have a psychological advantage over England with four test matches to play.The way England batted overnight with A.Cook and Ian Bell playing a complete session gave a feeling that England will manage to draw this test match but it was Shane Warne all the way who was a nightmare for the England batsmen and troubled them with each of his magic deliveries.Picking up 7 wickets for just 22 runs is really an impressive performance by Shane Warne which takes to another step closer to its 700 wickets but most importantly he played a major role in winning the test match for Australia. Let's take a look at the pitchmap of Warne, the most typical thing which we can see in each and every pitchmap of Warne is his accuracy of pitching the ball in the same area again and again. He has bowled everything on the stumps and has hardly given the batsmen any chance to hit the ball for the boundaries. He got all the important wickets of Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Alistair Cook, Ian Bell and the skipper Michael Vaughan.He is already turning out to be a big danger for England in this Ashes and one won't be surprised if he continues his to dominate the England batsmen in the remaining four matches.
Warne's pitchmap
196wn8.jpg

boycsxs9.jpg
G. Boycott: Congrajulations to Australia on winning this test match and well bowled Shane Warne with his match winning effort of 7/22 in the last innings but there are a few other performances which helped Australia in winning this match. Matthew Hayden started it all with his magnificent knock of 180 runs helping Australia to get the score close to 500 runs which had England in some pressure when they started their 1st innings.

Then in the second innings it was a century partnership between Mike Hussey and Ricky Ponting which took the game away from England as they were asked to chase a massive target of 471 runs in 5 sessions which is always a difficult task for any side.
Hussey-Ponting Partnership graph
auspartnershipgraphcopyyy5.jpg

Ricky Ponting then went on to score 159 runs playing a captains knock and continuing his good form in this summer.
Ponting's Wagon Wheel
244xi1.jpg

England will have to focus on the positives which they have gained from this match.Andrew Strauss, Alistair Cook, Kevin Pietersen getting out scoring 80's but they should work on it and try hard to reach their centuries. Kevin Pietersen scored 2 half-centuries in this match and surprise package was Monty Panesar who gave few headaches to the Aussies picking up 5 wickets in the 2nd innings in his Ashes debut.

davidgower4hm.jpg
David Gower : Thank you gentlemen. I hope you have enjoyed this analysis of the match from our cricketing experts. Everything is ready for the presentation ceremony,we will take you live for the presentation with Mark Nicholas.

Presentation Ceremony

marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas : Welcome to the presentation ceremony of the 1st test match of this Ashes series where Australia have comprehensively beaten England by 247 runs.First of all i will like to call upon the England captain Michael Vaughan to have a chat with us.
Well Michael it was a tough time for your boys as your team lost this opening match of the Ashes by 247 runs.

vaughanaj6.jpg
M.Vaughan : Yeah it was a tough task as chasing 471 on the final two day against the bowling attack of Shane Warne on a turning pitch was really gonna be bit difficult but the boys fought hard but eventually we lost wickets at regular intervals on the final day. Still we have many positives from this test match and surely we will be working hard on our weakness and put of good fight back in the second test.

marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas :Alistair Cook and Ian Bell batted brilliantly overnight and it was looking that England can manage to win this one if they bat sensibly enough but they lost wickets at regular intervals. What was the team plan before the start of play on day 5 ?

vaughanaj6.jpg
M.Vaughan :Our team needed 325 runs more on the final day and it was a possible task so our plan was that if Alistair and Bell bat for the first session of the day then we would have pressed hard for the victory but unfortunately the pitch started turning a lot in the first session and we kept on losing wickets when it mattered the most.

marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas :Thanks Michael for having a chat with us and good luck for the next test match.
Now i will like to call the winning captain,Ricky Ponting to have a chat with us.
Big victory for you in the 1st test of this Ashes series, how will you assist your teams performance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
128zz5.jpg
R.Ponting :Its been a very very good one I think, I thought our batting on the first day in difficult conditions was unbelievably good.Hayden played beautifully we were off to a great start and Clarke's innings was a good one which gave rise to a partnership between him and Hayden.All the bowlers did a very good job the first innings and Warne was brilliant in the second innings,as picking up 7 wickets in an innings is not at all easy and I hope he continues his good bowling form and reach the milestone of 700 wickets in the next test match.The bowlers did an excellent job to knock them over twice in this match and overall it was a terrific effort.

marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas : And just that the decision by Billy Bowden in the second over of the match was really useful for the Aussies as Hayden went on to score 180 which helped Australia to get a big score in the first innings.

128zz5.jpg
R.Ponting :Well it's just a part of the game,umpires are also under huge pressure just as the players are and particularly in a big game such as the Ashes we can sometimes see some a errors committed by the players or the umpires but Billy is a good umpire no doubt about it..

marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas :Well now you have just a few gap for the second test match to be played at Adelaide Oval, do you see any changes in the team?

128zz5.jpg
R.Ponting : Ahh,we won't be looking for any changes for the second test match, the boys have got through the game really well and fitness is not a worrying factor for us apart from Martyn who has damaged his right thumb while taking a catch yesterday but i hope that he will be fit to play for the next match.

marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas : Thanks for your time Ricky, well done.

128zz5.jpg
R.Ponting : Yeah, Thanks Mark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas : Ladies and gentlemen now the Man Of The Match is decided by our commentary team and it was slightly a tough decision to choose as we had some great performances in this 5 days of this test match with Hayden starting it up with a brilliant knock of 180 and then Ricky Ponting played a captain's knock i setting a winning target but final our choice for the Man Of The Match is none other than the legendary leg spinner Shane Warne who played his final match at The Gabba and finished with an impressive bowling figure of 7-22 in the final innings.

Wonderful bowling Shane, you were just unplayable today.

warnefacekl4.jpg
S.Warne: Thanks Mark, the pitch played an important role today and I found it easier to spin the ball more than it did yesterday. Ricky was very aggressive with his captaincy and we were certain that we can knock those 8 wickets in the day and we did that well in time and won with a big margin. There were lots of rough patches on the pitch but i tried to concentrate more on the stump-to-stump line which yielded more wickets for us. Finally I will like to thank the spectators who have turned out in huge numbers today to support us in this test match.:cheers

marknicholasbr0.jpg
Mark Nicholas : Thanks Warney. That's all from the presentation ceremony we will be back for the second test match from Adelaide Oval with slightly advanced graphics package along with full live coverage of the Ashes on Sky Sports. Till then goodbye from us and take care.

200hu6.jpg

That was some amazing post match analysis.

As usual superb graphics, and great presentation. You and Suren are the best story makers at the moment :hpraise

Wow !!! This is awesome presentation. This is making me inspired. Ponting and Hussey are making progress.

Hussey's concestency is brilliant. This is very big update.

But now waiting for the Huge update... :D

Advanced graphics! Amazing win by Australia. Interesting how Martyn hurt his thumb before the Adelaide test :D. Very nice interviews.

awsome win from Australia, brilliant graphics and a wonderful write up. You are just an inspiration to other story makers.

Thanks guys for your wonderful comments which really encourage me to do more updates and try few different graphics. :hpraise:cheers

Advanced graphics! Amazing win by Australia. Interesting how Martyn hurt his thumb before the Adelaide test :D. Very nice interviews.

Thanks mate :).
Martyn hurt his thumb when he dropped a simple catch of A.Cook in the slips.
Check this update where the incident happened (2nd para);)
Post 2378 : Martyn injured

Great update to wrap up the 1st test. Warne and ponting were the two big differences between the sides. England have to get summat from the next test otherwise Australia will run away with it...

Very detailed Third-Man's Chat there Gamer. Great presentation and graphics. Best of luck for the second test mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread