FIFA 07 vs Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Which one of these is the better soccer game in your opinion?

• Total voters
Skateboarder said:
Thank you! A Pro Evolution supporter that gives some leeway!
Yes I am a PES supporter but I'm not FIFA hater, unlinke others who just abuse the other game (either FIFA or PES) without even playing it. I've played both games for fair amount of time so I know the positives and negatives and I consider myself as a 'PES AND FIFA FAN'. and above all - 'A FOOTBALL FAN'.

cricket doctor said:
Yes I am a PES supporter but I'm not FIFA hater, unlinke others who just abuse the other game (either FIFA or PES) without even playing it. I've played both games for fair amount of time so I know the positives and negatives and I consider myself as a 'PES AND FIFA FAN'. and above all - 'A FOOTBALL FAN'.
I played Pro Evolution, Pro Evolution 2 and Pro Evolution 4. I wasn't impressed with any of them. It was fun with my nephew in multiplayer matches, but that's about it.

Right that's it! I must have scored my 458755th goal from outside the box on FIFA this morning. :mad:

A slight exaggeration but those who claim that FIFA is completley realistic should try a 50-yarder with Tony Hibbert and see how realistic it is. :rolleyes:

The odd screamer is nice, but scoring one every 5 minutes takes the biscuit.

Madman said:
WTF! They are hard! You must be playing Fifa 04 or something :|

Definitley says FIFA 07 on the disc and the main menu screen. :rolleyes:

I'm on World Class mode and it's too damn easy to score them. Honestly, i've got to the point where I can always equalise straight away by running a few yards from the kick off, holding circle, then watching Beattie celebrate his screamer.

FIFA is good, but it's more of an arcade game. PES3 is still more favourable to me.

I swear to you i'm not lying and I wouldn't put it down to skill either. I played World Class on FIFA 06 as well and never scored from distance, but on this years edition i'm extremely lucky to go a game without a long-ranger flying in. I'd harldy call this a major flaw in the game, but it does detract from realism WHen I bought the game on release date, I scored a few screamers and saved them on my memory card, but I haven't saved any since because I know that I can easily better them on the next game. That's what's great about PES; When I score a 30-yard net-bulger in the top corner I save it straight away because I know I won't be able to better it for a while.

I like Fifa games, only recently have I actually got into PES but once I did I found that Fifa had quite a bit of catching up to do. This years edition is very very capable, I haven't seen any reviews that actually count yet (not gamespot as they are piss-poor). I hope PES 6 can improve on PES 5 but in years to come, PES die-hards will have to live with Fifa overtaking them.

!x!culli!x! said:
I hope PES 6 can improve on PES 5 but in years to come, PES die-hards will have to live with Fifa overtaking them.

In terms of marketing then yes, but FIFA will never overtake PES in terms of gameplay. And as for reviews, buy one or two (or all in my case :p) of the PS2 magazines; All that i've read rate PES higher. That doesn't really mean anything though, just thought i'd point it out.

it can be very hard to adapt after playing pes then fifa/ vice versa, they are two very different games in game etc.
I think PES is a truly great game with gameplay but the crowds are too unrealistic

I reckon Beattie has been overrated in FIFA 07 because in my current season he is the 2nd highest goal scorer upto 28th nov. so may be evertonfan is finding it easy to score from outside the box with him. Also, when I played against everton, he scored 2 goals in their 3-1 win.
I don't think it's that easy to score from outside the box in FIFA 07 on WC level though. (at least not for me.)

and Madman, you seem to be too excited right now and starting to get negative about PES too much. I remember you were the one who absolutely hated FIFA titles just few months ago, so you are at the extreme ends all the time. Be calm and then appreciate the beauties of both the games or criticize.

Last edited:
cricket doctor said:
I reckon Beattie has been overrated in FIFA 07 because in my current season he is 2nd highest goal scorer upto 28th nov. so may be evertonfan is finding it easy to score from outside the box with him. Also, when I played against everton, he scored 2 goals in their 3-1 win.
I don't think it's that easy to score from outside the box in FIFA 07 on WC level though. (at least not for me.)

It's not just a Beattie thing; I often score with Arteta, Cahill and Neville from long-range too.

Although Beattie does seem to be highly over-rated on this game.

I have not played Fifa more than about 2 hours of Fifa World Cup but I have played Pro Evo 4 extensively and can say this...

A love the amount of stats each player has to distinguish him from another...but(!) the lower league teams (and Charlton who rule btw) play like fools and when they turn they take longer than the Earth to spin on its axis.

There a various levels of connection with a pass, shot and long ball depending on how good the connection is...you seem to have control over this and I absolutely love this.

I do not like the fact that a human opponent can professionally foul you to stop a break and since it is near the half way line, they rarely get booked.

I like the graphics during actual play.

I also love the difficulty, animations and everything to do with shooting on the game.

Which game, from this review of Pro Evo 4 do you reckon I will prefer, Fifa 07 or Pro Evo 6.

Users who are viewing this thread