FIFA 07 vs Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Which one of these is the better soccer game in your opinion?

• Total voters
Well, i'd definitley say PES6 but then again, i'd be accused of bias. :rolleyes:

If you want a superficial arcade game then get FIFA, if you like playing football with any sense of realism then get PES6.

The thing is, I liked how fast paced Pro Evo 4 was, is there this in 6...

manee said:
The thing is, I liked how fast paced Pro Evo 4 was, is there this in 6...

Well i've played Winning Eleven 10 (Japanese Pro Evo 6) and I can safely say that you won't be disapointed...

Cool...because of this and my love of Pro Evo 4, my vote goes to Pro Evo 6.

It's december in my current season on world class and this is the list of top goal scorers. See and make up your own mind. (Everton is currently on top btw, manu 4th, Liverpool 8th, Arsenal 9th and Chelsea 11th.)

topscorersfh4.jpg

Must be accurate because Darren Bent is up there even though he plays for a rubbish (yes I do support them) team.

I have seen an IGN video of the game and except a horrible bug in which the ball moves like it has been shot but there is no shooting animation, Pro Evo 6 looks nice.

evertonfan said:
I've bought every FIFA and PES every year even since the old days of ISS on the PSX, and i've always favoured Konami's football simulation. In my opinon, the people who are bothered about superficial features such as licensing, and any other gimmicks that EA uses, then they should buy FIFA, but true football fans should be able to cope with the fake kits and fake names in PES to appreciate the finest football game by a country mile that there is available out there on the market. The ont thing that really gets to me is that FIFA is really lazy with it's licenses. What i'm talking about is that EA knows that the only thing that FIFA trumps PES with is licenses, yet a lot of the faces and kits are very poorly implemented in the game. The licenses that PES does have are used very well, and every 'real' kit and 'real' face in PES is a thousand times better than their EA counterpart's.

Yeah i agree too, anyway i bought fifa 07 and i've seen some very embarrsing goals but i must admit that i've also seen the computer score so really amazin ones. I'm currently playing playing manager mode with watford and i'm leading the league after 15 games but i started on world class the games too easy :D . Ohh yeah and another thing the create club option is absolutely terrible the editing options are ridiculous overall the game it a tad better but PES will always out shine fifa. Although i don't like PES because it gets me too frustrated i can't say that the game isn't better than fifa. EA unlike Konami have thier game licensed by FIFA which makes thier job that much easier yet they basically reproduce the same game year after year , its really disappointing.

btw, I think PES has got rid of many of the fake names and kits especially this year just a couple of more years and we should have a fully licenced PES game plus the fake names were in the days of PES1 & 2 cant remember if it was 3 aswell i think that had most of right names but not kits!!!

Well, only 4 more days until I can buy Pro Evo 6 and write stacks and stacks about it on here. Saying that though, i've played Winning Eleven 10 to death and apart from the japanese commentary and writing, it's the best football game out there.

Well no offense to FIFA fans, but after completing a whole season on the toughest difficulty level, I'm very disappointed with the results.

1. I won my last 20 games of the league and won the league quite comfortably. I've never seen such an incredible winning streak in real life.
2. I scored over 100 goals in my season,more than double of what any other team in the league. Have you ever seen a team scoring that heavily?? Not even Chelsea do that.
3. Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch were the top 3 goal scorers with kuyt over 35 goals in the season. That will never happen in real life.
4. Chelsea finished 11th, MANU 12th and Arsenal 8th. How on earth that can happen with their current squads.
5. I switched to legendary in my 2nd season and won 12 games in a row. with 55 goals in 12 games. That means legendary mode is even more easier than world class.
6. Most of players' faces are absolute rubbish, even though EA have all the license.

I really like few things in FIFA 07 though.

1. The real EPL atmosphere. You can feel you are playing at Anfield.
2. Some goals were realistic but they were coming far too easily for me.
3. Club chants, crowd noise and crowd excitement level.

but really, can't stay with FIFA just for above 3 points. I'd like to work really hard to win every match. No team in premiership is now easy to beat, but in FIFA it's damn easy to win at Stamford Bridge.

I (with many other guys from other forums) am still trying to fix the gameplay issue by making the gameplay compatible but if we don't get success in that,I'll never ever start a new season in FIFA. :(

Last edited:
I'm glad that i'm not the onyl one who thinks that the faces in FIFA are abysmal. The same goes to their kits too...

evertonfan said:
I'm glad that i'm not the onyl one who thinks that the faces in FIFA are abysmal. The same goes to their kits too...
Yup, I agree with you.I tried my best to love this game but I'm afraid I'm waiting eagerly for PES 6 now.

Well if we switch to the 360 version,then i'd say FIFA 2007 will edge PES as it is supposedly far better than the DEMO,and PES is exactly the same as it's last title.

Users who are viewing this thread