Story Full County Season - Lancashire

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok as you may know, my pc went balls up, again, so heres another story! Pessimist's will say i wont finish it, i'd say they are right, but ill have a go!

First Match Frizzell County Championship (division2)
61a59ba5.jpg

Conditions
5f15f46b.jpg

Pitch
cc3577e5.jpg

Warwickshire win the toss, and nick knight has no hesitation in taking the field and asking flintoff and his men to bat first :( A high chance of rain on the first day or two, although the weather is expected to clear on day 3, and become sunny and warm towards day 4 and 5. A definate advantage for Warwickshire.

Good luck with completing this time around mate.

Day 1 Session 1

As expected in the conditions batting wasn't easy, and at no point did a batsmen look settled. Warwickshire's bowlers were complimenting each other well. Richardson bowled a nagging line, and with the pace off the ball the top order batsmen had lots of trouble finding the middle of the bat. Quite a few close lbw's went lancashires way in the opening overs. The pitch's bounce was non existent. Swann departed early which was a shame as he looked in good form. He edged to the slip cordon off waqar. Chilton was deceived by a slower ball and his block went straight to the slip cordon. The runrate is well below 3.00 per over and Flintoff must stay at the crease and continue playing the same way if a decent total is to be made.

Stats
1384df49.jpg
74f71d5c.jpg

dd04394c.jpg
93c9eb33.jpg

959caf7f.jpg

Highlights

Swann
b2511fad.jpg

Chilton
c49945b1.jpg

Last edited:
Day 1 Session 2

The first half an hour after much saw many maidens, especially from waugh. Flintoff was really getting into form and was nicely supported by Loye. Loye edged a couple through the slips but once settled built a nice and steady partnership with flintoff. He deserved a 50 but was caught playing all around a delivery that just held its line. Flintoff kept on growing in confidence, and as yet hasn't hit a six. Its obviously vital that he continues playing the way he is on this difficult wicket. The bowling from warwickshire has been good and tight, mainly keeping on a good line and length with a few yorkers which have made the batsmen uncertain of what to expect. Waugh has been the bowler of the day thus far with figures of 20overs, 7 maidens, and 2 for 50.

Stats
e574c87d.jpg
22e7f50b.jpg

f6c6b46a.jpg
036dec38.jpg

Highlights
1aa873ad.jpg
706702d2.jpg

Loye's LBW
eed500e8.jpg

Law falls on the last ball before tea
78af99bc.jpg

Last edited:
Day 1 Session 3

Lancashire started to push things on a little in the final session of play. Hooper came out in positive mood, but didn't last long. He pounced on the new bowler ostler with a powerfull cover drive, Ostler bowled the same delivery again next ball but a little slower and the experienced hooper fell for it and was caught. Flintoff reached a fine and hardworked century, hitting 101 off 213 balls, and only hitting 12 fours. He and chapple built a nice partnership. Chapple played well and was out scoring flintoff, like most of his previous partners. He was un-done however by an inswinger seamer off the impressive waqar, he missed a straight one and it rattled the stumps. Lancashire had reached 222-6 at this stage and with only a dozen or so overs remaining Lancashire pretty much shut up shop for the day, Schofield used a few lives in the last couple of overs but manged to stick around long enough for the end of play. A suprisisng factor has been no rain today, with a high forecast predicted. Their is a slight chance of rain on days two and three, with the finest days for batting expected to be day four and five.

Stats
68d2540b.jpg
57b0325b.jpg

37d5abad.jpg
26d933f6.jpg

19b77441.jpg
f3090d45.jpg

Highlights

Hooper falls to Ostler
3723fea7.jpg
ba150c3c.jpg

Chapple clean bowled by Waqar
86272dcf.jpg

Day 2 Session 1

Lancashire made a slow start on the second day of play, the low cloud and chance of rain were still about. Schofiled and flintoff nearly managed a 50 partnership, schofield dismissed shortly before it was reached by the impressive waugh. With the ball keeping low it was hard to play the spinner, something which Schofiled may be looking to exploit when warwickshire bat. Hegg arrived at the crease but couldn't really cope with the conditions and was out LBW to richardson military medium pace. After this Flintoff began to play his shots to help push the total towards 300. Cork was cuahgt in thw slips off the bowling of richardson for a duck. Flintoff was eventually out caught and bowled off waugh. Lancashire post a respectable total of 300 all out.

Stats
13d180a0.jpg
0adb6945.jpg

77e1b16a.jpg
fe80eebf.jpg

Highlights

Schofield bowled by waugh
74824e7f.jpg

Hegg LBW by richardson
bbfa3d83.jpg

Cork caught in the cordon off the bowling of richardson
52df47fe.jpg

Flintoff finally out, caught and bowled by richardson
763fd61c.jpg

Well, it was a poor performance by Lancashire minus Flintoff. The big man scored more than 50% of the runs, and took lancashire to a decent score.

Rain has interuppted play and a few hours have been lost. The Pitch has green'ed up after the heavy rain which last for the whole first two sessions.

School boy errors by me mean i have only the stat screenshots, i was pretty hammerd last night. I will not make the same mistake twice, bloody east tec eraser. :rolleyes:

77bd7db4.jpg

1e8b5a38.jpg
a4cefe3d.jpg

5f001aca.jpg
2573bcde.jpg

Lots of starts there...but no one managing to build on those starts. Anyways its a close contest and shame no screenshots of the innings. I would die to have a screenie of that Ian Bell sixer. Maybe you could describe that six in ur own words, gas?

Users who are viewing this thread