Story Full County Season - Lancashire

Day 1 Session 3

The batsmen still looking very settled at the crease. Flintoff really is looking to be in great form. Constantly finding the gaps in the field. Sutcliff had his confidence drained by some bouncers and was soon dismissed for a respectable 31 by smith at cover. Law came in and is just starting to build a nice partnership with flintoff. The key for Lancs so far has been there partnerships, and a decent run rate. A suprising factor has been Pieterson who has bowled plenty of overs for plenty of runs, flintoff has been particuarly aggressive towards the off spinner.

Stats
df3a4e01.jpg
66409f74.jpg

80eeb460.jpg
8858368d.jpg

Highlights

Flintoff 4 & a 6 respectivaly
363d9968.jpg
ebed0ab7.jpg

Sutcliff's wicket
aa56beab.jpg

yeah pieterson probably has bowled more than one expect him to, and the main bowlers smith and harris have been underused.

but take nothing away from lancashire who are looking really good at the moment, and flintoff is in the form of his life!

Your warming comments are a jinx for me, i swear lol!

Day 2 Session 1

The session started nicely, with Law reaching a fine 50. Then came perhaps the worst collapse known to man. 7 wickets fell for 11 runs, (i was very close to restarting the session :D). A mixture of good bowling, new low confidence batters and poor shot making contributed for the downfall. Law was caught soon after his 50. Flintoff ran out chilton. Flintoff then went for once big hit to many and missed a straight one, harris taking the wicket. Schofield and chapple both caught at mid on. Cork and Hegg caught plum lbw in front of their stumps. Once flintoff was out, it looked a very different game. Gallian (notts captain) finished with excellent figures, twas suprising he only bowled a dozen or so overs, Harris was also impressive. Pieterson was smacked around without getting any wickets, not really doing much for the spinners by the looks of it. 339 is a reasonable total, however a score of 400-500 was looking a distinct possibility at the start of the day when lancs were 300 odd for 3.

Stats
7c55e0b7.jpg
8f0b21a1.jpg

304533c0.jpg
2f868748.jpg

40cf3368.jpg
3d8cf763.jpg

Last edited:
Highlights

Law loses control of his leg glance flick & loye's lbw
1a2ce6e3.jpg
b949c925.jpg

FLintoff runs out chilton, then gets clean bowled
c13734ac.jpg
49778c43.jpg

Schofield & Chapple's similar wickets
ded66dae.jpg
bb01b4be.jpg

Corks aggression fails, so does Hegg's sweep off a slower ball
d9bd78b6.jpg
41baa019.jpg

Last edited:
Good goin' gasman :cool: . I like the slightly blurred screenies; makes it look like stills from tv:) .
Btw, you still using tutsi's 5.4?

Originally posted by jonah
Good goin' gasman :cool: . I like the slightly blurred screenies; makes it look like stills from tv:) .
Btw, you still using tutsi's 5.4?

LOL, not intentional! Am using jpeg compressor because my paint wont work :( Yeah still using 5.4, have tried all of the patches but all the others are full of annoying bugs, quite liked tutsi 6.0 but am waiting for tutsi 6.1 before i fully settle down with my patches.

Day 2 Session 1 (short while leading up to lunch for notts)

Lancs have bowled a much tighter spell, Anderson has produced 3 nicks in the first dozen overs. One caught at second slip, one off a no ball, and one that raced through the cordon for four runs. Cork was also applying pressure at the other end. Flintoff's custom field placings are working well following the thrashing the team took in the first game of the season. Long may it continue, Dean Martin is still at the crease, and was just looking to block out most balls, however with his confidence starting to rise expect that to change soon.

Stats
744757ef.jpg
e3ab24b8.jpg

Highlights
513e3cd4.jpg
c1ef8d5a.jpg

Last edited:
horrible collapse there after a fantastic start. it happens quite a lot in this damn game. anyways good start by anderson and cork. but still work to be done.

Your warming comments are a jinx for me, i swear lol!

I'll make sure Ill use it to full effect the next time you play Warwickshire. The Bears kicked the candlelights out of you guys in the first game, remember?

I'll make sure Ill use it to full effect the next time you play Warwickshire. The Bears kicked the candlelights out of you guys in the first game, remember?

I remember it like a nasty case of piles, still i knew i had lost so my interest dwindled, Knight was quality though :cool:

Day 2 Session 2

Lancashire's good line and length bowling continued, all of their seamers "appear" to be in form. Anderson, Cork and Flintoff have all bowled excellent spells, probing like a curious penis! Flintoff came in, from around the wicket and clean bowled the dangerous pieterson with a beauty ( i dont get clean bowleds!!!!!!!!). He also caught welton plum lbw! (i have rememberd how to bowl with seamers again i think) As the new ball started to wear off the batsmen became more settled. Martyn looked in complete control, and despite flintoffs great field settings he cruised to a sweet 50. However Cork caught him lbw playing across the line, it was a touch and go decision but lancashire will take it! On the last ball before tea Cork has Shafayat caught by the keeper off a suprise slow ball, it was also a beauty! Things looking good for lancashire, who as yet, havent even used schofiled!

Stats
1aaa63aa.jpg
d29260ab.jpg

d5d00900.jpg
a238f6aa.jpg

22d22fdf.jpg
4919d2f8.jpg

Highlights

Flintoff's wickets, Pieterson & Welton respectivly
a3b8cc2b.jpg
2fd157a8.jpg

Cork's wickets, Martyn & Shafayat respectivly
2fe5f0fa.jpg
dc41fda6.jpg

Day 2 Session 3

Notts stepped things up a notch in the final session. Read & Franks started to play their shots, and increased the run rate. Both batsmen looked very comfortable against the spinners, and in paticular the leg spin of Schofield. Hooper was not quite as expensive. And did finally get the wicket of read as he was to early on the ball and lofted it to a moving forward mid on. Flintoff was pleased to break the highest partnership of their innings. This wicket however did spark a collapse. As soon as Franks was out to cork, caught, it was always on the cards. Anderson polished off the tail quickly. A good mini comeback by Notts considering the periless position they were in, however Lancashire very much in the driving seat in this game. Flintoff has stated that he will look to bat out the last bit of the session, hopefully without loss of any wickets. Lancs will then be looking to drive home the advantage tommorow, and put Notts back in to bat with maybe an hour or so to go on day 3, leaving them all of day 4 to bowl them out.

Stats
2a5d215f.jpg
89ed4f54.jpg

110bc227.jpg
33888ade.jpg

d205578a.jpg

Highlights

Read falls to hooper's off spin
6a3f7903.jpg
a24fac3c.jpg

Cork fools Franks into a false shot
97d0a4be.jpg