Story Full County Season - Lancashire

Yes, time shouldnt be a problem. But Lancashire would first want to take the game completely out of the reach of Notts.

i thought that the follow on score was 200 in test matches and 150 in 4 day county matches but i aint sure

it didnt give me the option, though im not sure i would have forced them to anyway!

Day 2 Session 3

Lancs playing defensivly lost the vital wicket of flintoff off the bowling of smith. However they are still in a strong position. Hooper and sutcliff looked in good form in the first innings so there is no need for panic just yet.

Stats
534b2200.jpg
a3621434.jpg

Highlights

The in-form Flintoff can't stop smith
b121c698.jpg

Originally posted by m_vaughan
but we also remember the 2nd innings collapse against warwickshire

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr im to ****ed off to explain this, i nearly smashed my monitor to pieces! Another collapse lucky i have a lead from the first innings! Loye made a sweet 50, smith for notts is a twat! I lost so many wicketsin this session , i dont know who got who out? I declared with notts needing 249 to win!

Stats
2b3951dd.jpg
550135ff.jpg

b1e35e5e.jpg
1d59e06b.jpg

I afraid i lost track of who was getting out to who, so i am only including the first few wickets i remember

Highlights

sutcliff
5f80f11f.jpg

hooper
8abea228.jpg

law
b0e459ae.jpg

chilton
a6e287ac.jpg

Never drink lager and play cricket 2004

I know i couldnt be arsed though! Im pretty sure the pitch is wearing cos a few balls kept very low in my second innings, im quietly confident i can bowl them out for under 200, judging by the first innings! We'll see!

Day 3 Session 2

Lancs made the perfect start through the inform Anderson, dismissing Gallian in the third over, he kicked one through to the keeper who took a diving catch. That brought in the dangerous Dean Martin. He and Bicknell (who was out for a duck in the 1st innings)built a nice 50 run partnership. Cork and Anderson were brought out of the attack as both batsmen were looking settled, Bicknell gave Anderson a bit of punishment just before he was removed from the attack. Flintoff decided to put Hooper & Schofield on for a spell to try and get the run rate down below 3.8 per over. Schofield again looked out of form, Hooper however managed to dismiss Martin. It was a rank long hop well outside off stump, Martin couldnt resist having a paddle at it, he got an inside edge onto his own wicket. Schofield was brought back later when he picked up two wickets in one over. Bicknell was full of confidence, anything in the zone was going. Last over before tea, defensive field setting, 3 men on the cover boundry, cork bowling full and wide, varying his pace. And it worked, bicknell skied one to flintoff. So at tea on day 3 Notts are 108-5 off 28 overs. They need another 141 runs with their remaining wickets, its very close. Notts will be looking to franks and read for a similar partnership to that of the first innings.

Stats
e7b9fce1.jpg
1141994e.jpg

1f951725.jpg

ac9a6f81.jpg
d58cd7b5.jpg

Highlights

Gallian Falls To Anderson
717604b3.jpg

Martin drags on to his stumps off hoopers wide long hop
f0ab75ef.jpg

Schofiled gets 2 wickets in 3 balls
b771e686.jpg
7e5a7585.jpg

Cork gets a result for bowling wide to bicknell
9d678ddc.jpg

ahh i just realised my bowling figures aren't there, i will add them in after this next session of play

Users who are viewing this thread