General - Windows Vista vs Windows XP

Windows Vista or Windows XP? You decide!

• Total voters

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Which one do you pick?

I think that having Vista puts more pressure on your computer doesn't it? Iam finding everything taking much more time to be responsive compared to XP. XP was nice and fast, didn't have all these restrictions and was much easier to use.

On the other hand, Vista is the latest - so it has to be the best:p It has some cool new features and in the end, all them pesky restrictions may be safer.

What do you choose? I chose Xp because its easier on the computer and is more responsive (more faster) then Vista is.

Last edited:
XP is the best :happy :happy :happy My vote goes to XP it is very easy to use. Sorry to say in you first line it should be "Which one do you pick" instead of "What one do you pick"

When talking to my sister about getting a new PC I made a point that sums up my feelings on this matter - 'If you are getting a new PC get it with Vista, don't upgrade to it on a current PC'. Vista is great, if all the hardware likes it, for my PC it isn't the case, so I'm staying with XP (until I can upgrade the two hardware components that are holding me back).

You know what, this was exactly the case with Windows 98 vs. xp comparison when XP originally came up. 98 was the fastest thing i ever saw, but you have to move on in life :p Just like Xp found its way into the market, vista will.

I give my vote to vista, and not for the reason mentioned in the poll, but because things usually do start up fumbling, the best is which gets better.

Last edited:
You know what, this was exactly the case with Windows 98 vs. Vista comparison when XP originally came up. 98 was the fastest thing i ever saw, but you have to move on in life :p Just like Xp found its way into the market, vista will.

I give my vote to vista, and not for the reason mentioned in the poll, but because things usually do start up fumbling, the best is which gets better.

I've never compared Win 98 to vista :p

imo.. vista is currently like the windows XP sp1 (which was crap). It still has a lot of issues to be addressed, like driver compatibility, etc.
if there is another updated version of vista in the near future, expect it to create a market of itself, and do to XP, what XP did to 98...

PS : also, it would do the same for microsoft, what xp did... rake in the moolah... :p

And let me just bring to notice, the two updates recently released by Microsoft have brought a hell lot of changes in my system, including gaming performance. Imagine SP1....

You know what, this was exactly the case with Windows 98 vs. xp comparison when XP originally came up. 98 was the fastest thing i ever saw, but you have to move on in life :p Just like Xp found its way into the market, vista will.

I agree with you at one point Win 98 has the fastest starting and shutdown.

Vista for Eye stunners and great flexibility and list goes on....

Xp for gamers....i think i don't need to say anything about it now.ppl must have understand this.;)

Users who are viewing this thread