Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

great, great innings by Bray, 1st half century and 1st century for Ireland at a world cup. really kept the innings intact for Ireland, congrats to them.

Last edited:
You mean Bray, Brent plays for Zimbabwe.

You are quite right though, a hundred on World Cup debut for himself and for Ireland, well done to the lad.

Who was the last man to score a hundred in a world cup for England?

Superb innings by Bray, and I loved how the fans affected the fielding :p. Ireland will win the world cup one day!

Our last World Cup hundred was 104* by Hick against Holland, so our last meaningfull one was in 1987 Gooch against India.

Sureshot said:

You are quite right though, a hundred on World Cup debut for himself and for Ireland, well done to the lad.

Graeme Hick scored 104 not out against the Netherlands on 22nd February 1996.

I fancy Ireland here, fantastic knock from Bray, will give the Irish a confidence boost. C'mon the Irish! The luck of the Irish will shine through!

Very good innings by Jeremy Bray, the first hundred for a Irish player playing for Ireland in a ODI. Ireland could win this, and I would back them from here.

Yes, if Ireland can win this match, I believe their match against Pakistan will be a serious contest for which team advances to the next round. Ireland really show fight in their team. They need to break this technically sound Zimbabwean opening parnership first.

Looks like this will be a thriller, with Ireland posting a good score but their bowlers are their weak point...

I would say that fielding rather than bowling is their weak point.

Sureshot said:

hahah yea my bad i meant Bray. Zimbabwe of to a good start.

Drewska said:
Looks like this will be a thriller, with Ireland posting a good score but their bowlers are their weak point...
Their bowlers look quite good IMO. They just need to get some more consistency into their top order batting.

This is going to be a tight one as Ireland continue to impress.

59 off 79 required with 5 wickets remaining.

Users who are viewing this thread