Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

duded64 said:
australias arrogance works because they are a talented team, pakistan players like iqbal asif and people like that just do my head in. Anyway ireland have steadied the ship and look good for a win now.

Asif? :eek:

That guy can barley talk I dont know what your on about, Iqbal is not talented one bit I dont count him as a International player. I dont think your right in saying Asif has skill, do remember he never took drugs that helped his performance.......

Punk Sk8r! said:
Duded I swear you dont like Pakistan :p

Anyway I can see what you mean but in Pakistan people dont take no for an answer and Im not taking no excuses, I come on now.......IRELAND Im no buying that if it was Bangladesh Id be shocked and all but not as much as this. This is making me sick to see how you can possibly be a professional cricket players and then lose to a team whos been on the scene for a bit....

Ireland bowled excellently in the practise match also.
SA were 90 odd for 8 against Ireland in the practise match.

Well if Ireland are so good make them a test side, Im still not buying it, sure teams collapse but in all honestly they should be getting them out and winnning easily...

let it rain let it rain let it rain :) (doesnt work without it being snow :()

Shouldn't really underestimate the Irish team. They bowl pretty well, field with a lot of energy but could use some work with the bat. Soon enough they'll have to bowl teams out and take advantage of collapses.

Come on boys, theres a positive in everything, bad runs do occur. Pakistan still have a say in this, as anything can happen with us or even with Ireland. By the way, Play back on :)

Excellent bowling performance from Ireland. I have a little Irish blood so perhaps supporting them is easier at the moment than supporting England!:D Great knock so far from O'Brian, keeping Ireland's innings together.

Keep on raining!

this is why PC

4.45pm Hold the press! The covers are off and we will resume in ten minutes. Ireland will have a revised target of 128 off 47 overs.

Atleast, there is a brilliant contest going on between O'Brian & Pakistan. Irish ppl fielded superbly but batting needs to be improved. So far, one man show from them... Well well, if bad light continues, sad to see Pakistan knocked out of this tournament.

Once again, Ireland get the short end of the stick. They'll have a difficult time facing Pakistan's fast bowlers with the lights fading away. But, it will make their possible victory even sweeter to savour for them.

That total is still very gettable, just need to see of the first 5 overs or so and then they can get back on their merry way.

Hope the O'Brien Brothers see this through!! ......... this could be an amazing result for us...

As Cricinfo commentary stated, "Odd this, as the light is as bad as it was when they went off earlier. Iftikhar comes back on ...".

Users who are viewing this thread