Story Hot and Sticky Tour (ENG vs WI)

RB: Welcome back here to the third day of cricket from Barbados. The England innings over just before lunch with a marvellous performance put in by Jamie Foster to rescue what looked like a desperate situation for England. Foster playing a graceful 73, vital runs that helped England gain a slender lead. He was eventually dismissed by Vasbert Drakes wielding the new ball. Over to Max Walker and Bill Lawrie.

MW: In comes Drakes now to bowl, such a smooth fluid bowling action, see how he reaches for the sky and then whips the right arm through and yes he's got him Jamie Foster finally out after a marvellous knock of 73.

BL: Well he'll be disappointed with that Foster he was just starting to look in good nick out there and yet another England batsmen has been bowled. But what's this Foster seems to be waving frantically, he's calling for a stretcher - oh what tragedy.

MW: Yes Foster calling for the emergency services and it seems to be the stump cam operator that's injured.

BL: Well I'm not f**king surprised Max to be honest. He's copped several hard ones to the head, the stump cam operator, and though they wear protective gear I think that blow with the new ball was the last straw and I think we'll now be without stump cam for the rest of the match.

RB: Yes and news from the hospital is that the stump cam operator is in a stable condition suffering from a nasty concussion.

So England finally all out for 363 a lead of just 21. And looking at the scorecard - well like the West Indies a number of batsmen making starts: Trescothick, Hussain, Thorpe and Collingwood all out in the 40's. An opportunity missed by England but nearing the half way stage of this match and the game is finely poised.

Attachments

• england.gif
    england.gif
    535.3 KB · Views: 53
Yes it is pretty much even-stevens at the moment. England might have a 1st Innings lead, but remember they will have to bat last, and I dont think Ive ever won a test match batting fourth.

Good innings from Foster, also nice to Strauss opening the innings with Trescothick. I think England should do that in the second test against NZ, and Vaughan should come in at no. 4.

Also, its amazing to see so many clean bowleds....very good screens mate!

Yeah I think the only test I lost was the one when I batted second against the Windies. Not looking forward to it I can tell you!! They are 150/3 at the moment and Lara is smashing the beejesus out of me.

Agree with youon the Vaughan front. That gives us a really strong top order especially if Strauss maintains his form!

RB: Well close of play here on the third day of the fifth and final test between England and West Indies and I must say that the game still balances on a knife edge. At stumps West Indies are 225/5 some fine batting performances from Gayle and Lara but the Windians still awaiting a half centurion in this innings. Collingwood has been the pick of Englands attack picking up three wickets and running out Darren Ganga. Vaughan also made some astute bowling decisions bringing Collingwood back into the attack, rewarded with the dismissal of the troublesome Brian Lara. He also brought Harmison in for one last over at the end of the day and the big man brought the wicket of Ridely Jacobs who had smacked three fours and a six off Gareth Batty's previous over.

West Indies lead by 204 with 5 wickets in hand and the first session will be key. If the Windians can bat till lunch tomorrow without losing many wickets they'll be able to put significant pressure on England.

Attachments

• windies copy.jpg
    windies copy.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 38
RB: Well what a performance by the West Indies as they well and truly lay the gauntlet at England's feet. A superb century by Banks enabled the Windies to amass a huge total of 377 in their second innings. England now need 356 to win batting last on what has looked a good wicket.

England will be relieved that their seam bowlers did not find much movement off the surface relying on false strokes and the swing of Collingwood. This run chase will certainly test England's mettle as the Windies aim to finish the series with a win.

Attachments

• west indies.jpg
    west indies.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 37
Heroes Corner

BL: Well what a marvellous innings by Banks. The England bowlers struggling to find line and length during this knock and he surely has catapulted the West Indies into a winning position. With 5 sessions left a draw seems unlikely and England will need to find their own hero if they are going to win this match.

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
Time shouldnt be a problem, as the runrate throughout this test match has been very high. I reckon a close finish, but England win by 2 or 3 wickets.

RB: Well exams have interfered with play once again but it was well worth the wait. A thrilling climax to this series with both sides winning and losing the initiative. Some vibrant batting by England was matched by determination with the ball and in the field by the West Indies. Truly superb play by both sides and a feast of cricket for the spectators. Nasser Hussain hit a splendid half century as he led England from a shaky start. However, when he, Collingwood and Foster were all dismissed in relatively quick succession it seemed the tide had turned.

However, magnificent cameos by Giles and Batty made up for their poor form with the ball and they steered England to a superb one wicket victory. The man of the match award going to Banks for his scintillating performance in the West Indies second innings. England 357/9 and series winners by 4 games to 1. The West Indies will be hoping to exact revenge in the one day international series but first England will enjoy a well earnt rest before playing two warm up games against the Vice Chancellor's XI and Trinidad.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread