Story Hot and Sticky Tour (ENG vs WI)

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Heroes Corner

BL: Welcome to Heroes corner and today we pay special tribute to an England batting legend. After featuring in 96 Tests for his country Nasser Hussain has announced his retirement claiming that it is time for new blood to carve their place in the England team. Hussain paid special tribute to Andy Strauss who he sees as a future England star.

Hussain's retirement came after two important innings in this test match most notably his wonderful knock in the second innings that paved the way for this England victory.

Attachments

• hussain.jpg
    hussain.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 57

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Nasser is king!! He will always be remembered as one who gave 200% for his team. He is truly an England hero.

SIR NASSER HUSSAIN!!

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
CLASSIC COMMENTARY

RB: Well what a marvellous Test Series that was but before we start on the tension and drama of the one dayers we've got a little competition for you. In a desperate bid to see if it is just M Vaughan that reads this thread we're giving you the opportunity to win a magnificent framed picture taken of Brian Lara at the end of the last Test Match. The "Oh F**kit!" picture comes beautifully framed and all the signatures of the players involved have been photocopied and stapled onto the bottom.

Copies of this limited edition piece of artwork are available at ?647 unframed and ?923 fully framed. And the frames are pretty good too, they certainly haven't f**ked about with the quality there! So for your chance to win one of these limited edition photos you just need to pick your favourite piece of classic commentary from this series and if your choice matches the selection of the Junior groundsmen Kevin AND you're the first name out of the hat, this beautiful picture could be on it's way to you. And so the commentaries to choose from:

1. Bill Lawrie gets over excited following an impressive England batting performance

"There all heroes, especially Freddie, he's just like Big Merv full of guts, get him up here I wanna buff him!"

2. Richie Benaud sums up the West Indies innings after fine performances by Ridley Jacobs and Vasbert Drakes

"A snick, a run out, some Jacob's Crackers and no duck for Drakes"

3. Bill Lawrie on Chris Gayle's magnificent 197

"He must have had a gale blowing up his arse just look at all those boundaries!!"

4. Richie on the West Indies innings falling apart

"West Indies collapse like a block of jenga after one too many pints"

5. Tony Greig on a much better batting performance from the West Indies bowlers

"Well I haven't seen a tail wagging like that since my dog Humper came of age Bill"

So just cast your votes and you could be the winner of this magnificent picture!!!

Last edited:

squiz

International Coach
Do you write all these yourself?

Because they sound like things that they would actually say on the 12th Man CD's

Great Effort if you do!

tigerdes

Club Cricketer
Well apart from the first one that is kinda stolen the rest are all mine. It's the same for the thread really, some tried and trusted 12th Man gags and then every now and then inspiration hits me.

But the real question Squiz is which one would win you the "OhF**kit" picture?

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
4. Richie on the West Indies innings falling apart

"West Indies collapse like a block of jenga after one too many pints"

dexter

School Cricketer
5. Tony Greig on a much better batting performance from the West Indies bowlers

"Well I haven't seen a tail wagging like that since my dog Humper came of age Bill"

Users who are viewing this thread