Story Hot and Sticky Tour (ENG vs WI)

Well bugger me if I haven't been in a revision induced coma for the past few days. Those long sessions in front of the books have been interspersed with an over here, and an over there and gradually I have managed to eke out the Windies Innings. And what a depressing escape from revision it has proven...

Last edited:
RB: Welcome back here to the fourth test and f**k me if these little West Indians haven't got the Windies in their sails.

BL: You mean they've been at the curry Richie.

RB: No i do not mean they have been at the curry Bill, but I must say their batting certainly had some extra ump in this Tutsi 5.2 sponsored Test.

They came out firing the Windies but it was England who struck first with the score on just 9. Pedro Collins out to a diving slip catch for just 2. Sarwan didn't hang around for very long either joining Collins in the dressing room with the score on 52, after tamely looping one to Gareth Batty. Lara was run out for 13 leaving the score 108/3 and it looked as though England might whip through the middle order and impose their superiority like they have done many times on this tour.

BL: Well they tried the Poms but the Windians certainly gave them what 'four': Chris Gayle going absolutely f**king bananas and smashing everything that came near him to the boundary. A truly devastating display by Gayle who seemed pretty ****ed off he never got to turn his arm over on this pitch. He launched a couple of pretty impressive sixes in this innings and i'll be drooling all over him later in the heroes corner.

RB: And one shouldn't forget to mention Marlon Samuels who played the most boring innings I have seen on this wicket since Geoffrey Boycott toured her in the 1970's. Truly yawn inducing stuff from Samuals but it gave free reign to his partner in crime who gave the England bowlers one hell of a belting. He was finally dismissed with the score at 275/4. But there was more to come.

TG: Yes Richie, a really hard position for England to recover from and they certainly struggled after Gayle dented their confidence. Ridley Jacobs joined the party with a quick fire 55 before Vasbert Drakes put the icing on the cake with a magnificent century. The tail wagging faster than a Yorkshire Terrier on aniseed and scoring some valuable runs easing the Windies into a splendid 24 run lead. This game far from over and though this pitch will deteriorate the rapid scoring makes it look as though the 5th day won't be needed. Shame that really the man operating the Crack cam rather bored at the moment and we can only hope he sees some action before the end of this test

RB: Valid comments there Bill and so the game beautifully poised after some fantastic cricket. West Indies all out for 482, a lead of 24 runs.

Attachments

• belting copy.jpg
    belting copy.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 50
Heroes Corner

BL: Well if you thought that Flintoff was heroic you haven't seen anything yet. A devastating innings by Chris Gayle scoring a massive 197 runs off just 138 deliveries. 35 fours in that total and two HUGE sixes, over now to guest commentator Darryl Eastlake.

DE: Chris Gayle on strike here and he scampers down the wicket and launches a HUUUUUUUUUGGGGEE SIX!!! THAT'S GONNA STAY HIT TELL NEXT WEEK I CAN TELL YOU, SENSATIONAL STUFF!!!!

BL: Thanks Darryl, and it truly was a brilliant knock from Chris Gayle and there must have been a gale blowing up his arse today, just look at all those boundaries! England lucky to finally get him out and there'll be plenty more of the same in the second innings I'm sure. 197 - what hero this man is and the West Indian crowd will probably be carrying him on their shoulders at th ened of this game, feeding him peeled grapes.

Last edited:
you should have set a defensive field when gayle was going hammer and tongs.
Anyways, very good screens and fantastic innings from the big man. And what the hell??? Vasbert Drakes 110!!!??

Vasbert Drakes...no idea. Had a defensive field to both of them but they just kept picking the gaps. The ball was flying on this dusty outfield.

RB: Welcome back here. England have batted very well in their second innings with this pitch still an absolute dream for batting on. West Indies have certainly aided their cause hurling down a total of 136 runs in byes. Absolutely unbelievable and to be frank I can't wait for the damp, green and normal pitches of England and the Tests vs New Zealand!!!

England off to a very good start here before Trescothick was clean bowled for 41. An absolute peach from Fidel Edards who dismissed all top three batsmen. Here's a replay of the wicket

BL: They're batting well here England as Fidel Edwards comes in to bowl and GOT HIM, YES GO ON P*SS OFF YOU'RE OUT Marcus Trescothick beaten by a beautiful yorker by Edwards.

TG: Well I'm not sure it was a yorker Bill and if we go over now to crack cam we'll see, yes the ball disappearing into one of the gaping chasms on this pitch as Trescothick came dancing down the wicket and f**k me if it didn't roll along that crevice chasing the crack cam

BL: Well it looks just like a scene out of Indiana Jones there Tony and the ball popping out at the end and dislodging the bails. He'll be very disappointed by that, he'd started well Trescothick and after 64 in the first innings was probably hoping for a ton this time out. Trescothick gone, the Crack Cam operator squashed and England 150/1.

RB: Well England batted consistently from then on. A fine 70 by Michale Vaughan starting to show a return to form and disappointment for big Freddie Flintoff give out LBW just one run shy of a century in each innings. I'm sure we;ll see much more of Freddie in the one dayers.

England finishing then 547 all out but had the Windian Keeper put on gloves nad not cymbals that would be much closer to the 400 mark. West Indies require a monu-f**king-mental 524 to win and Chris Gayle looks to hold the key. If he or Lara get in on this pitch England could be in trouble. West Indies with two days to get the runs, it's still very much open here with ridiculous run rates, ludicrous numbers of extras and the West Indies refusing to use one spinner.

Last edited:
RB: And here is the scorecard of the England second innings.

Attachments

• england bat.jpg
    england bat.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 32
RB: And the bowling figures another impressive performance for Fidel Edwards. That's two five wicket innings for him and a ten wicket match in tough bowling conditions for seamers.

Attachments

• bowling.jpg
    bowling.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 33
RB: And here are the highlights of the England second innings.

Attachments

• england.gif
    england.gif
    629.4 KB · Views: 33
BL: Kiss good bye to your wicket. The England innings brought to an unceremonious halt by Colleymore as Harmison's off stump goes cartwheeling backwards!!!!

Attachments

• curtains.jpg
    curtains.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 27
Absolutely amazing!! Both Flintoff and Vaughan missing on hundreds, both good batting overall!!!

I suggest you pick more bowlers for the next test. I think Hoggard or Jones must included in the side in place of one of the batsman. (Too many batsman)
Or maybe you could drop one of your spinners.

Kinda using the last two test matches to give some time at the crease to my one day players. To be fair I have got 5 bowlers its just that Flintoff, Giles, Batty and Collingwood can all bat!!! Probably will bring in Hoggard for the last test and rest Freddie. As long as I win this one that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are currently 238/3 with Sarwan on about 120 - that was until revision stopped play!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread