Story Hot and Sticky Tour (ENG vs WI)

in the main tour screen where you can see dates of upcoming fixtures. I'm sure it's there, unless I dreamt it......and I don't care about this game THAT much!

West Indies A vs England

RB: Well we've been away for quite a while now but f**k me have we got some news for you. A truly astonishing match where both teams seemingly set out to lose the game. England rested a number of their stars with Nasser Hussain regaining the captains armband in an attempt to resurrect the **** poor series he is having. England brought in Strauss, Solanki, McGrath, Clarke, Foster, Batty, Hoggard and Jones more a shoe string side than a second string.

Looking at the dismal bowling line up the Windians decided to bat first and gleefully began carting the England bowlers all over the park. Then realising they were pulling away from this dodgy England side Best dollied on up to mid on. When Hoggard clashed his two cymbals together in a dismal attempt to catch the ball, Best unsatisfied that his efforts to get out were going to waste cried "YES!" before setting off at a gentle trot down the pitch. Hoggard only just had the presence of mind to hurl the ball to Batty, who whipped off the bails at the bowlers end and Windies were 90-1.

Batty proved to be the star of the show here, tossing his ball in to the air getting plenty of rip and he may well have spent the night with ice glued to his groin but my was it worth it. Batty finished the day with figures of 9/36. A miracle equal to Devon Malcolm's inexplicable 9 wicket hall against South Africa. Windies A would have scored a lot less than 230 had it not been for the monumental effort of Smith who crashed the England bowlers all over the park on his way to a massive score of 158.

Attachments

• captain innings.jpg
    captain innings.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 41
RB: England struggled in their reply. Good performances were put in by Strauss and Foster almost certainly securing their places in the Test side but as a whole the team collapsed like a Jenga game after 7 pints. Hussain copped an absolute beaut of a bouncer in the face, was cut in half on more than one occasion and was eventually dismissed LBW for a rather modest 11. England struggled in their first innings with the Windies bowlers sharing out the wickets. Eventually they clambered to 230 before Anderson was dismissed LBW and teh scores were tied after an innings a piece. Foster top scored with 47 just shy of what would have been a gutsy half century.

Attachments

• beaut.jpg
    beaut.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 39
I use Adope Photoshop 6.5 its awesome for manipulating graphics. I believe that 6.0 is pretty good as well. As for the Batty / Solanki friendship I think a couple of pints were bought post match!!!

RB: Well England came out fired up in the second innings and bowled like men possessed. Jones and Anderson in the thick of it early on with Anderson edged for 16 runs without picking up a wicket in his opening spell. Jones claimed the all important wicket of Smith to a dodgy umpiring decision but England didn't give a flying f**k.

Batty out to prove that his haul in the first innings was not due to the dodgy bat pad coding in Tutsi's 4.1 patch went to it with fervour using the 5.1 upgrade and returned figures of 5/53 a double 5 wicket haul and a ten wicket match for him.

Windies looked pitiful without Smith and it was Morton's knock that added some respectability to the scorecard. England set a target of 169 to win and Windies A looking well and truly beaten.

Attachments

• clockwise.jpg
    clockwise.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 25
Scorecard and Batty begins a new 'love affair' this time with Ricky Clarke

Attachments

• windies2.jpg
    windies2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 22
RB: And so the scene is set. England requiring just 169 to record their 5th victory on this tour. So it was surprising that both teams spent most of the fourth inning trying to lose the match. The Windies A bowlers clearly sensing that defeat was at hand seemed keen to get into the Red Stripe tent and enjoy some accie an' sal'fish washed down with some rum punch.

The wicket keeper in on the act missed several deliveries as the number of byes raced up to a total of 68!!! England therefore needed to score just 101 off the bat and made hard work of it. Lawson cleaned out the first three batsmen - juts Strauss making it into double figures. After an impressive performance in the first innings, Foster was elevated to 5 in the batting line up but his exposure to the new ball proved costly as Benn got one to rise off a length and Foster's sweep shot skied to the man at square leg. England in trouble and it was that man Gareth Batty - having the best game of his life - who came to the rescue with a gritty 29 runs that allowed England to sneak to a one wicket victory. Not a good performance by any counts but a win nonetheless.

Strauss, Foster and Batty should expect call ups for England and it would be a surprise if Smith and Lawson did not make the Windies full team. The next test starts on March 5th - you'd be a fool to miss it.

Attachments

• final1.jpg
    final1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread