IC10 playtest @ Codemasters - 4 June

Just test one thing in your test play of IC10. There was a bug in AC09 in which you delivered an off spinner's stock delivery at a yorker's length right outside off stump (close enough to hit the off stump).

I am not sure what the bug is though as he didn't say what happened after that.

shravi added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Come on, be a sport!

I am talking about while playing against AI (computer) specially right hand batsmen, as a result of which batsman bolded out every time as he misses the ball while playing useless shot, as 6 wkt in 6 balls in case if all are RHB,

Secondly that's above the york length approaching pitch finish line (in y axis) and far enough that after turn that hit off-stump. (in x axis )

Hope it understands and strange if you people dont know about this bug.

We played single player as well (should have phrased my answer better).

MattW, is it possible for us to send you, or any other member of the PC team going for play-testing, some of the features we would like to be tested and reviewed?

For example I am particularly keen on finding out how does AI pace the innings while setting or chasing a target, whether AI goes bonkers in the middle of a test innings, whether spinners are useful or just cannon fodder a la AC09, whether IC10 has improved field settings, whether line & length and bounce off the pitch is realistic, and whether you can move the bowling cursor from one end to another (leg to off or vice-versa) in an instant or the cursor moves a bit slower in IC10 and gives sufficient time for batsman to adjust?

Would really appreciate it if we have a mechanism in place to ensure that PC team play-tests or reviews some of the features/bugs that most of PC members feel are important.

I know that the fielding pre sets will be the exact same as AC09, they mentioned that already

I know that the fielding pre sets will be the exact same as AC09, they mentioned that already

Did they? Sorry missed that one and have to say am disappointed. There's not much fun batting against AI when all the fielders are on the off side with a huge gap on the leg or when fielders are placed at mid-on, mid-off, long-on and long-off with gaps all over :facepalm

I wish they had modified the fields as IMO this should be easy to fix.

MattW, is it possible for us to send you, or any other member of the PC team going for play-testing, some of the features we would like to be tested and reviewed?
I'd be happy to look for and take notes on specific issues and problems, and I'll likely write something similar up as I did after the AC09 playtest.

The main issue is time. Last play test, while we had a few hours with the game, no one played the same one constantly (I spent my time with it looking around at game modes, looking for differences from a previous time I played it), and for me at least, the controls needed some getting used to (I played absolutely awfully at first). So for things like AI pacing, it's very hard to get a proper handle on it, which is why I'd strongly suggest waiting for a review rather than the playtest (though they certainly are useful and provide a good overview of the game) for the more specific detail.

But by all means post about what needs to be looked at, but be realistic about it (some people have posted 10 page documents in the past on what they want looked at).

For those wondering, there won't be a Melbourne based play-test as such, though I am going along to a press day representing PC, but will get basically the same amount of time with the game as I got when doing the previous test day.

I'd be happy to look for and take notes on specific issues and problems, and I'll likely write something similar up as I did after the AC09 playtest.

The main issue is time. Last play test, while we had a few hours with the game, no one played the same one constantly (I spent my time with it looking around at game modes, looking for differences from a previous time I played it), and for me at least, the controls needed some getting used to (I played absolutely awfully at first). So for things like AI pacing, it's very hard to get a proper handle on it, which is why I'd strongly suggest waiting for a review rather than the playtest (though they certainly are useful and provide a good overview of the game) for the more specific detail.

But by all means post about what needs to be looked at, but be realistic about it (some people have posted 10 page documents in the past on what they want looked at).

For those wondering, there won't be a Melbourne based play-test as such, though I am going along to a press day representing PC, but will get basically the same amount of time with the game as I got when doing the previous test day.

Shattered :(

Do you have any idea when the press day will be?

I hear you and agree it is not realistic to get all the answers from a short play-test session, especially related to AI. However, I have a list of items that were major pain points and which can be assessed without spending too much time...

1. Line and length - Has line & length in IC10 been rectified? In AC09 good line & length was a half-volley or a full pitched delivery on or outside off. Hopefully now good length is closer to 3/4th length of the pitch.

2. AI run out - Do the AI batsmen get run-out as often as they did in AC09? I hope not as this bug totally ruined the offline gameplay for most of us.

3. Edges - Do more edges carry to keeper and slips in IC10? In AC09 most of the edges fell short of keeper or slips which was a little disappointing.

4. AI batting in tests - As soon as first couple of wickets fell, AI batsmen used to go bonkers in AC09 and tried to slog every ball. I hope now AI batting in tests is more realistic and AI middle order doesn't go crazy.

5. Spinners - In AC09 spinners were pretty much useless. Has this changed in IC10? Do AI batsmen still go after spinners or are spinners harder to hit in IC10?

6. Bowling cursor - Can you move the bowling cursor at speed from end to end (off to leg or vice-versa) at the last moment or is the cursor movement slightly slower and gives batsmen enough time to adjust?

7. Boundary hitting - Is hitting a 4 or 6 as easy in IC10 as it was in AC09?

8. Action Cam - New feature and would love to know more about it from batting and bowling perspective.

9. Power stick - Again a new feature and any info on the same would be appreciated.

These are the main items that should cover most of the areas. Would really appreciate it if someone can review or play-test the same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread