ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

Afghanistan Under-19s 118 (49.2 ov)

India Under-19s 122/2 (25.2 ov)

India Under-19s won by 8 wickets (with 148 balls remaining)

:banana2 :banana2 India wins.

Hard to believe that the games are not being aired even in a cricket mad country like India! The ICC has been reduced to some sort of a joke nowadays. :facepalm Our papers and channels too seem to be pretty nonchalant about this tournament. There isn't a mention anywhere. By seeing the Indian media, it will be difficult to guess that we are actually the defending champions this time round. Geez!

Hard to believe that the games are not being aired even in a cricket mad country like India! The ICC has been reduced to some sort of a joke nowadays. :facepalm Our papers and channels too seem to be pretty nonchalant about this tournament. There isn't a mention anywhere. By seeing the Indian media, it will be difficult to guess that we are actually the defending champions this time round. Geez!

Are you serious. Star Cricket is covering them live. You must not have woken up on time. The game started at 2.45 a.m. I saw a part of the India v Afghan game live on Star Cricket. I don`t know what you are talking about,

Are you serious. Star Cricket is covering them live. You must not have woken up on time. The game started at 2.45 a.m. I saw a part of the India v Afghan game live on Star Cricket. I don`t know what you are talking about,

Star Cricket?!! What the hell!! :eek:

EDIT: O FU*K IT!! Yeah, they indeed are covering the tournament! I guess I overlooked the match timing on the paper. ████ man! What a fool I am!

Last edited:
I think sky are showing some bullshit Hongkong match tomorrow, when they could be showing fu**ing NZ

It might be on ESPN (in nz). I think the last U19 WC was on ESPN here. As far as i'm aware we're getting some games.

HK were looking good until that wicket. Probably going to be a landslide of wickets now.
Beaton looks like a good talent, got 70 runs atm could have a big 100 if he goes on. Guessing we rested Richardson as he did well in the warm ups.

For those interested, the players to watch out for from India are Rahul Kannaur, Mayank Agarwal, Mandeep Singh, Ashok Menaria, Manan Sharma. I would say Saurabh Netravalkar too but he's a little on the slower side. Has trouble reaching 80mph. It's fine for the U-19 level but he has quite some work to do on his pace before he's recognized as a future international prospect.

Last edited:
USA are going dam well, have us 7/216, Mitch went early and the rest have followed.

Yea we did well, Corns saved us from having to chase 300 odd but 262 will be more than enough to defend. Our players are not used to batting on turf wickets, couple that with NZ conditions and we should struggle to post 150

Pretty impressive performance from USA to hold Australia to 262. I doubt their batting will be good enough against the likes of McDermott and Hazlewood though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread