ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

all the minnow nations have done themselves proud. Papa New Guinea and Hong Kong managed to bat out their innings, the scores are almost competitive, although, you feel with the quality of bowlers they have to defend them they're probably not going to be at all difficult. USA restricted Australia fairly well also, getting a bit pwned in the chase now though. that's 4 down after 6 overs.

NZ have demolished canada, but good on the rest for putting up a fight.

Jesus Christ, 28/7 after just 10 overs!!! USA is getting pwned.

Jesus Christ, 28/7 after just 10 overs!!! USA is getting pwned.

Our boys have never played on real wickets. They practice on artificial matting over here in the States. This was always going to happen especially when Ryan Corns (our star bat/bowler) got out for 1 :(

Our boys have never played on real wickets. They practice on artificial matting over here in the States. This was always going to happen especially when Ryan Corns (our star bat/bowler) got out for 1 :(
I remember reading how in a lot of places, they can't make a decent pitch without importing soil across state lines, which there are laws against.

Just what I thought would happen, our great spin bowling restricted the Aussies to a gettable total but batting struggled to get 160 on turf wickets and really alien conditions (Flordia, Texas, NY and Cali boys mostly)

154 isn't bad considering what they were. I was wondering why Doran didn't play, seems we have a leg spinner in Adam Zampa.

the minnow nations have been propped up by one or two decent performances.

will be interesting to see what happens if one of those nations have produced a genuine quality talent. It would be cool if the IPL had players from Hong Kong and Afghanistan.

well the West Indies have to win this one. Bangladesh have a solid team so it will be tough. The middle order needs to step up and score some runs.

. It would be cool if the IPL had players from Hong Kong and Afghanistan.

Unless I am mistaken there is a Canadian and a Dutchman in this years IPL auction. So the Afghans, Americans and other fringe minnows cant be far off.

ahhaha yea. It just sucks that its not being shown anywhere.

i found this link yesterday, and it was showing the HK and Eng match. not sure if they are gona shot this =S but i will give you a heads up

I watched a bit of the Afghanistan vs India match on a site. I think they will only show a select few games, the ones Howsie posted a few pages before and the games arent anything to boast about like the Hong Kong vs England match :facepalm

damn, well i havnt seen any of our U-19 team in a long time. Last time i actually watched BD U-19 team play was when Aftab Ahem was in U-19 team. I was like 11/12 then. And the last time i watched a U-19 match was when i was in Bangladesh. And they were hosting the WC. and it was Final match between Pak v WI. I was rooting for WI, but i think they lost... i also remember i got in for free. it was free for teens. :p

Users who are viewing this thread