ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

Pretty unfair to go out in a 23 over match in the quarter finals, but oh well. This team definitely wasn't as talented as Kohli's unit.

Yeah it sucks when OD games become more like T20 games for things like this. But that's cricket. No reserve days etc. so it happens and it's just too bad. Either way, Pakistan played better in the 23 overs than India so they deservedly go through. Was a close one though.

Yeah it sucks when OD games become more like T20 games for things like this. But that's cricket. No reserve days etc. so it happens and it's just too bad. Either way, Pakistan played better in the 23 overs than India so they deservedly go through. Was a close one though.

but 23 overs are more then fair then a team decided on its group records.

Lets hope NZ can make it three out of three tomorrow, for the weakest three test playing nations.

Great match between the arch rivals here. So was the other one. My only grouse is that when it comes to the knock out stages you should be able to play a full match and not a stupid 23/36 over match.

This has also happened in the past during WC 2007 where we were shabbily treated to a 38 over affair.

If the ICC knew that the tournament was gonna be affected by rain they ought to have re-scheduled it.

But Kudos to Pak and Win .Lets see if Pak can be the first country to win the U-19 thrice.

Saurabh Netravalkar is a certain future International, imo

Not if he can't reach even 130kph. He's a trundler as far as I'm concerned. It may come off at the U19 level and maybe even at the domestic level, but he would be smacked to all corners in international cricket. Ajitesh Argal was a similar bowler in the last world cup. He's done decently in domestic cricket (what little he's played) and did well in U19 cricket but that doesn't change the fact that he's just too slow.

The tournament organizers clearly don't understand how knock-out tournaments work; you cannot have two teams from the same group play again before the final. :facepalm

Was a shame seeing it turned into a T20 match. India were quite their self this tournament compared to past world cups, Pakistan look more of a threat for mind.

The tournament organizers clearly don't understand how knock-out tournaments work; you cannot have two teams from the same group play again before the final. :facepalm
If your talking about Pakistan and India, they weren't in the same group!
What do you mean?

Hadn't watched anything of this really.Any Indian fast bowlers to look forward to?

Hadn't watched anything of this really.Any Indian fast bowlers to look forward to?

All Indian bowlers were looking same like that produced from ages, nothing special I guess. I don't know why Indian bowlers from their young age try to swing the ball in the air only and as soon as it lands batsman can play it easily.They are good tall and can get seam movement after bouncing from the ground but that's never been the case with any Indian bowlers except Sreenath who was good at it(compare to all other Indian bowlers).

Nice performance by us!! :happy
We always seem to perform well at the U-19s World Cup. Bit the only place we dominate though :(

Oh I missed T20s :doh

I think he means Westindies and Pakistan in Semifinals.

It has happened in the past and I see no problem with that.
Look at the past world cups, India -Srl and Aus Win[1996] perfect examples of teams from a particular group dominating the semi-finals.

Users who are viewing this thread