ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

Well they need 230+ to be even competitive so I hope they start attacking soon.

Windies dug themselves a big hole. They consolidated really well after losing 2 early but got stuck in that shell.

Brathwaite is going at a good strike rate, Creary was going at just over 50, he should have done a little better.

Damn, Babar Azam bowls as well? Pretty handy 15 year old.

Looking at the India match, I am happy that Ashok Menaria has finally brought himself onto bowl a few more overs in the last 2 matches. He wasn't using himself at all in the matches before that which I didn't understand considering he is predominantly just a left arm spinner. That said, he's got a very good technique as well. Can become a decent all rounder.

Last edited:
I take back what I said about the u19 Pakistani fielding. Its just as pathetic as the international team

West Indies could be taking 2s on allot of these balls, that's a easy way to increase the run rate.

100 runs at least of the last 11 overs to be even competitive.

Dowrich has probably been told to up the tempo. If these two can stay for another 5-6 overs they might put up something reasonably competitive. 215 plus

Dowrich has probably been told to up the tempo. If these two can stay for another 5-6 overs they might put up something reasonably competitive. 215 plus

Dowrich did well against PNG, scored 80od at a strike rate close to 100. Needs something close to that to get the team to a competitive score.

Pakistan has used 7 bowlers, sooo much spin and mostly accurate too.

Batting powerplay now, need to score big of these 5 overs.

Too many full tosses not being put away.

Brathwaite run out on a easy single. Brathwaite wasn't doing much to increase the run rate so it might not be a bad thing but there isn't much batting left.

He might have taken the rest of the overs just to get 15 more runs, so I sort of agree with you there Dare. Going way too slow for the death. Pakistan are no batting powerhouse themselves so another 20-30 runs and Windies have a decent target to defend

Another run out. The batting powerplay aint doing much, anything over 200 now is a great score.

Holder will need to bowl out of his skin to defend this.

Finally get to see these West Indies bowlers in action.

Holder runs in a little faster then Garner and doesn't release the ball from the same height. Needs to learn that great yorker that Garner had.

Users who are viewing this thread