ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

South Africa U-19 Sqaud: Joshua Richards (Northerns, Captain), Samuel Mofokeng (Northerns), David White (EP), Colin Ackerman (EP), Matthew Kennedy, (EP), Simon Khomari (FS), Stephan Smit (FS), Bokang Mosena (FS), Dale Deeb (Gauteng), Graham Hume (Gauteng), Malcolm Nofal (Gauteng), Dominic Hendricks (Gauteng), Cody Chetty (KwaZulu-Natal), Rabian Engelbrecht (Boland), Jerry Ngolo (Border).

Nice to see Boks and Si in the team. Played with them at school, even though I don't really rate Simon that highly, there must be better keeper bats out there. I suppose Boks passes as an all-rounder, opened bowling and batting at school level, decent pace too, I reckon around the 130 mark. Pretty surprising to not see the FS representitives being dominated by Grey College, let alone two old St. Andrew's representitives in there. I can't help but feel that one Grey boy got hard done by, damn good batsman and he captained a schools XI against some of the Proteas and domestic players in a T20 tournament.

The Australian squad has been named. The young opening batsman, Mitchell Marsh from Western Australia which many of you have heard of has been named to captain the side. A number of the players have been regarded to be possible future test players, such as Josh Hazlewood, Alistair McDermott, Alexander Keath, Luke Doran and Jason Floros. John Buchanan's son is in the squad too, Nicholas Buchanan.

Squad: Mitchell Marsh (WA/capt), Timothy Armstrong (NSW), Tom Beaton (WA), Nicholas Buchanan (Qld), Jackson Coleman (Vic), Luke Doran (NSW), Benjamin Dougall (SA), Jason Floros (Qld), Josh Hazelwood (NSW), Alexander Keath (Vic), Nicolas Maddinson (NSW), Alister McDermott (Qld), Kane Richardson (SA), Thomas Triffitt (Tas), Adam Zampa (NSW).

The team will start their campaign on January 16 against the USA. They have been seeded number six, and are grouped with the States, South Africa and Ireland

Keath was a promising footballer, I was happy when he chose cricket. He would have made the AFL for sure, top ten pick

Ryan Corns is a South African talent that plays for us (USA). He is definitly one to watch for this tournament. Has already taken wickets and scored 50s against Ireland and Scotland u19 in the qualifers. He was also voted as the Player of the Tournament for the associate u19 qualifiers tourny.

Anything less then semis for the West Indies and I will be disapointed. Got high hopes for this team.

Actually really looking forward to this, probably more than the NZ/Bangladesh series.

Bangladesh's squad is now here.

Bangladesh U-19 Squad: Mahmudul Hasan (capt), Amit Majumder (vice-capt), Alauddin Babu, Anamul Haque (wk), Arman Badsha, Abul Hasan Raju, Kamrul Islam, Muminul Haque Showrav, Nur Hossain, Nurul Hasan (wk), Saikat Ali, Shabbir Rahman, Shaker Ahmed, Soumya Sarkar, Tasamul Haque.

The three Haques are where the batting strength comes from, Muminul in particular, and I belive Abul Hasan is the pick of the bowlers. However the bowling strength comes from virtually every member of the team being a competent spinner.

i just copied it off Cricinfo to post it here :(

i dont know any of those players :facepalm

Keath was a promising footballer, I was happy when he chose cricket. He would have made the AFL for sure, top ten pick

Is he the tall all rounder? A Victorian poster on another forum mentioned there is a tall all rounder who is still deciding between AFL and Cricket.

The U-19 is always exciting. Its great to watch young talent around the world play for their nations in a highly competitive environment.
The best thing about this tournament is the fact that any nation could win. We have seen in the past, that heavy weights have been knocked out by countries like Nepal and Bangladesh.
Every possibility that it may happen again.

I believe that he still hasn't made a definate decision about which sport to play. I'm pretty sure Shannon Hurn was in the Australian under 19 team a few years back.

Anyone knowif any of these games will be televised?. Even just highlights?

I believe they are, the New Zealand games should be anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread