ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

Pakistan went on to win that match by six wickets. I don't know very much about the Pakistan line-up but the New Zealand one was very much a "practice" line-up.

Stabroek News - Vettori gives Windies youngsters pep talk

I thought I saw them on T.V during the 20/20's. Good to see that they're getting some good warm-up games before the tournament though, Northern Districts cricket have set them up to play two games against the A team starting today. ND A is going to have some pretty good players in Aldridge (this season's leading bowler) Trent Boult (Already been selected to play for the Blackcaps) Anurag Verma and Andrew Mathieson (2008 Under 19 opening bowlers) and Te Ahu Davis (New Zealand Emerging player opening bowler)

If the Windies make decent runs against an attack like that it should set them up well for the tournament.

Thats a good thing from Vettori. Its a good thing the team arrived so early to New Zeland, it will take time to adjust to those conditions. Hope they do well tonight.

Northern Districts A: 123 (Keir Bettley 34, Trent Boult 22; Nelson Bolan 4/30, Jomel Warrican 2/26)

West Indies Under 19: 220/9 (Shane Dowrich 71no; Yannie Cariah 36, Evin Lewis 35; Andy Mathieson 2/ 31, Graeme Aldridge 2/39, Keir Bettley 2/48)

The match didn't start to 1:00 though because of overnight rain but ND A batted first and the West Indies decided to set themselves a bigger target, I believe it was 215 so they got there in the end. Impressive considering the bowling attack they were up agaisnt tbh, great signs.

Jimmy Neesham failed to score again. Was expecting him to be in the runs considering the amount of runs he scored in the National under 19 tournament.

This New Zealand team does seems to have some pretty promising all-rounders though. Jimmy Neesham, Harry Boam and Doug Bracewell are probably up there with the best batsmen in the team and they're all 130-135 type bowlers. Corey Anderson is 135-140 and he's easily the best batsmen and Logan Van Beek is a decent batsmen and he's suppose to be this teams quickest bowler.

Liking that a lot tbh.

Jimmy Neesham failed to score again. Was expecting him to be in the runs considering the amount of runs he scored in the National under 19 tournament.

This New Zealand team does seems to have some pretty promising all-rounders though. Jimmy Neesham, Harry Boam and Doug Bracewell are probably up there with the best batsmen in the team and they're all 130-135 type bowlers. Corey Anderson is 135-140 and he's easily the best batsmen and Logan Van Beek is a decent batsmen and he's suppose to be this teams quickest bowler.

Liking that a lot tbh.

The skipper Cachopa is an alright bat by the looks of it.

How many matches are going to be shown on Fox Sports? A quick glance at the online EPG and all I can see is England vs India on the 21st.

i thought i saw something on that in BC. 1 WI fan opened it, unless its you, you already know about that :D

Users who are viewing this thread