ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

One of the Hong Kong guys is a 15-year old who goes to my old school :)

This was the winter squad named in May this year.

Corey Anderson (Canterbury)
Harry Boam (Wellington)
Tom Blundell (Wellington)
Doug Bracewell (Central Districts)
Michael Bracewell (Otago)
Craig Cachopa (Auckland)
Dane Cleaver (Central Districts)
Rory Darkins (Northern Districts)
Lachlan Ferguson (Auckland)
Shane Gadsdon (Northern Districts)
Chamika Gajanayaka (Wellington)
Matt Henry (Canterbury)
Jono Hickey (Northern Districts)
Timothy Johnston (Canterbury)
Tom Latham (Canterbury)
Matt McEwan (Canterbury)
Adam Milne (Central Districts)
James Neesham (Auckland)
Henry Nicholls (Canterbury)
Bevan Small (Central Districts)
Ben Smith (Central Districts)
Blair Soper (Otago)
Mattie Thomas (Northern Districts)
Logan Van Beek (Canterbury)
Theo Van Woerkom (Canterbury)
Ben Wheeler (Central Districts)
Harry Wright (Wellington)

It's pretty rough though, as the final team will be named after the national under 19 tournament in Janurary.

Hopefully soper makes the squad
But i dont know much about many of the others apart from the FC players

I'm getting to that age where I went to school with, and played club cricket against, a few of the guys in the NZ squad. It feels weird. I still can't get over the fact that some of Bangladesh's rising stars are 2 years younger than me.

Australia's under 19 team has been named, the exciting Mitchell Marsh will lead the team:

Mitchell Marsh (WA/capt), Timothy Armstrong (NSW), Tom Beaton (WA), Nicholas Buchanan (Qld), Jackson Coleman (Vic), Luke Doran (NSW), Benjamin Dougall (SA), Jason Floros (Qld), Josh Hazelwood (NSW), Alexander Keath (Vic), Nicolas Maddinson (NSW), Alister McDermott (Qld), Kane Richardson (SA), Thomas Triffitt (Tas), Adam Zampa (NSW).

Thoughts?

Australia's under 19 team has been named, the exciting Mitchell Marsh will lead the team:

Thoughts?

Is`nt Mitchell Marsh the one who got a 90 odd in the Ford Ranger Cup game in the WA vs TAS game last sunday?

Thoughts?

Maddinson and hazelwood are quite good yeah?

dunno, I think the winner will be an asian side this year. England have a decent set, but despite not doing great in South Africa recently I'm sticking with Bangladesh to surprise everyone and win it.

StinkyBoHoon added 4 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

South Africa U-19 Sqaud: Joshua Richards (Northerns, Captain), Samuel Mofokeng (Northerns), David White (EP), Colin Ackerman (EP), Matthew Kennedy, (EP), Simon Khomari (FS), Stephan Smit (FS), Bokang Mosena (FS), Dale Deeb (Gauteng), Graham Hume (Gauteng), Malcolm Nofal (Gauteng), Dominic Hendricks (Gauteng), Cody Chetty (KwaZulu-Natal), Rabian Engelbrecht (Boland), Jerry Ngolo (Border).

Pakistan U-19 Squad:
Azeem Ghumman (capt), Babar Azam, Ahsan Ali, Ahmed Shahzad, Rameez Aziz, Mohammad Naeem, Mohammad Waqas, Hammad Azam, Sarmad Bhatti, Anop Ravi, Raza Hassan, Usman Qadir, Shahzaib Ahmed, Kaleem Sana, Fayyaz Butt.

Floros and Doran have been good in the spinning department, Hazelwood and McDermott for the pace. Marsh and Maddinson for the batting. Just need the others to stand up.

Pakistan U-19 Squad:
Azeem Ghumman (capt), Babar Azam, Ahsan Ali, Ahmed Shahzad, Rameez Aziz, Mohammad Naeem, Mohammad Waqas, Hammad Azam, Sarmad Bhatti, Anop Ravi, Raza Hassan, Usman Qadir, Shahzaib Ahmed, Kaleem Sana, Fayyaz Butt.

Heard about Ghunman, an exciting prospect. Shahzad has played for Pakistan against the ODIs against the Aussies. Wasnt inspinring but talented and got a pair of 40s in the 4 games he played.

Its more exciting to see the U-19 Teams of previous tournaments and see how some of them are now part of the current system.

Expect Subcontinent teams to dominate the tournament. I will back the Pakistanis, since they are my team and have a knack of winning the U-19 tournaments, remember we only lost the semi last time because of rain interuppting the game and when the game continued the next day we didnt play well.

Heard about Ghunman, an exciting prospect. Shahzad has played for Pakistan against the ODIs against the Aussies. Wasnt inspinring but talented and got a pair of 40s in the 4 games he played.

Its more exciting to see the U-19 Teams of previous tournaments and see how some of them are now part of the current system.

Expect Subcontinent teams to dominate the tournament. I will back the Pakistanis, since they are my team and have a knack of winning the U-19 tournaments, remember we only lost the semi last time because of rain interuppting the game and when the game continued the next day we didnt play well.

Expect bounce and movement tbh, Lincoln is a great place to play cricket for good batsmen and quick bowlers. While the Subcontinent teams usually have the more talented teams I can't see them doing well down South on these pitches.

Are the first round games going to be on TV somewhere? Would be a dream to see my home country playing cricket on tv, even if they're like 10-1 underdogs.

Didn't Shehzad play in the last U-19 WC as well? Ghuman is an exciting prospect from what I've heard.

I expect Australia to clinch this.

This is India's squad, for those interested.

India Under-19 squad: Ashok Meenaria (capt), Mandeep Singh, Mayhank Agarwal, Akshath Reddy, Harpreet Singh, KL Rahul, Sufiyan Shaikh, Zahid Ali, Harshal Patel, Jaydev Unadkad, Sandeep Sharma, Saurabh Netravalkar, Harmeet Singh, Manan Sharma, Gaurav Jathar.

Last edited:
The New Zealand squad was named today:

Corey Anderson (Canterbury)
Tom Blundell (Wellington)
Harry Boam (Wellington)
Doug Bracewell (Central Districts)
Michael Bracewell (Otago
Craig Cachopa (Auckland)
Dane Cleaver (Central Districts)
Jono Hickey (Northern Districts)
Tim Johnston (Canterbury)
Tom Latham (Canterbury)
Jimmy Neesham (Auckland)
Bevan Small (Central Districts)
Mattie Thomas (Northern Districts)
Logan Van Beek (Canterbury)
Ben Wheeler (Central Districts)

The bolded players are the big three, they're all in there second season of FC cricket, all three of them are all-rounders also, very fine ones might I add. Jimmy Neesham is also one to watch out for, 130K+ bowler who is just coming of three 100's in the national under 19 tournament this week.

Might add I've played a lot of cricket against Jono Hickey growing up through the age-grades, be interesting to see how he goes, he's another all-rounder who bowls leg-spin.

Didn't Shehzad play in the last U-19 WC as well? Ghuman is an exciting prospect from what I've heard.

I expect Australia to clinch this.

This is India's squad, for those interested.

India Under-19 squad: Ashok Meenaria (capt), Mandeep Singh, Mayhank Agarwal, Akshath Reddy, Harpreet Singh, KL Rahul, Sufiyan Shaikh, Zahid Ali, Harshal Patel, Jaydev Unadkad, Sandeep Sharma, Saurabh Netravalkar, Harmeet Singh, Manan Sharma, Gaurav Jathar.

Is that 16 yrs old spinner in the team ??

Users who are viewing this thread