India in England/Ireland/Scotland

zaheer has created an opening here. we need to cash in. i wish dravid throws out sreesanth here and for the next match. bring RP in! RP has been doing well this series.

I would prefer Jumbo to roar on Prior with his tricky deliveries and aggressive field set. Its the pressure situation on England because of two wickets.. So i feel, Jumbo is the right man with attacking mode. ;)

Will Prior play the most important innings of his career ?
If we get an answer to that, we`d have known the result of the match but till then England still in it.

Zaheer Khan must be commended for his efforts. He is the only one responsible for India still being in with a shout in this match.

im only gonna think we can win this when Prior or collingwood is out, so for now i still think its gonna be a draw

:DYou are exactly what should Rahul Dravid should never be. Also I think Prior has done a decent job so far in his test career, but right now the situation demans an extraordinary innings. Should Prior provide that, he'll pretty much cement his place in this team. After he was preferred to the others because of his batting.

Whats happening to Sreesanth? He bowled a ball in the previous over from behind the stumps.

Shoddy over from Zaheer, this one.

Kumble still has a role to play in this game, mark my words.
Hopefully not with the bat though.

Will Prior play the most important innings of his career ?
If we get an answer to that, we`d have known the result of the match but till then England still in it.

Zaheer Khan must be commended for his efforts. He is the only one responsible for India still being in with a shout in this match.

Yes, couldnt agree more, if we win he should be our man of the match ;)

Collingwood clearly gloving one there to Dhoni there.
Yet another one again going against us.

That would`ve sealed the game.
I hope it does not cost us big !

Last edited:
I dont know why but I feel Sreesanth is taking the whole showing intensity thing a bit too far. Its coming off horribly funny to me for some reason because he does it after every ball.

Anyway, I find it entertaining overall. I haven't seen the Indians ever try to be intense on the field. Zaheer was doing good with it...dunno about Sreesanth though...just looks funny with him.

im only gonna think we can win this when Prior or collingwood is out, so for now i still think its gonna be a draw
Ok, final session on day 4, let's say 20 overs today and 90 tomorrow. England lead by bugger all.

England seem to be scoring at about 4 rpo currently, India scored at about 3 (although you could say most of the batsmen had it at 3.2). Assuming a worst case scenario, that England start humming along and get back up to 3.5, it works out that after about 50 overs, England's innings would impact upon India's remaining overs. Obviously, in practice there's a lot more leeway. The target would still, in those circumstances be a meagre 220 after 50 more overs.

But first to get there, Collingwood and Prior will have to build a huge and unlikely partnership, they couldn't possibly break the partnership and expect to make 100 with the tail.

If you think a draw is the most likely situation, given all of day 5 to play, then you're probably more confident of England reaching 500 in the 3rd innings then they are.

Users who are viewing this thread