India in England/Ireland/Scotland

England did have the best conditions in the first test and india were lucky

We've been outplayed. Well done to India, for providing a great test match and some fantastic performances from it's players. Another great test match of Cricket.

Yes, India winning the toss and putting us in did have a massive effect on the outcome of the game, but it wasn't entirely why things have turned out. Whilst the India's bowled very well on day one and the begininning of day two, in helpful conditions, none of our batsmen really showed any application or fight for us to get a score. India did get good batting conditions, and they used them, so fair play to them. I thought Ryan Sidebottom bowled excellently without any luck. Ganguly and Tendulkar batted well, and took us out of the game. Unfortunatly for us a couple of our bigger players haven't turned up today when we have needed them. Cook being one of our most important players for this innings didn't get a score. Strauss should have pushed on. Pietersen didn't do anything. Bell with another failure, Prior got a pretty good ball, but all the same he didn't exactly play it well. Won't bother talking about how the tail have gotten out so far because I don't expect them to stick around.

Michael Vaughan played fantastically, probably the best innings of the test match, with no disrespect to Tendulkar and Ganguly's innings, but by in large we bowled poorly to them, offering scoring opportunities, and many of the Indian fans on here have already admitted it wasn't either of their best innings. Vaughan played fantastically in very trying conditions and was very unlucky to get out. Things could have been so different if he didn't get out when he did, but all the same, it's no good debating would might have happened because it didn't.

Hopefully we can pull back the Third test and get the draw.

lol if you can't see that India had the best of all the conditions.. then you are the only one in the whle world..

And you're being a sore loser. Learn to lose with pride rather than making excuses...like Animator just did. That's how you get respect.

PS:@ Evertofan, I take back what I said earlier if it hurt. I didn't mean to generalize.

I think all the indian are going to be singing

Baar baar haan, bolo yaar haan
Apni jeet ho, unki haar haan
:)

We've been outplayed. Well done to India, for providing a great test match and some fantastic performances from it's players. Another great test match of Cricket.

Yes, India winning the toss and putting us in did have a massive effect on the outcome of the game, but it wasn't entirely why things have turned out. Whilst the India's bowled very well on day one and the begininning of day two, in helpful conditions, none of our batsmen really showed any application or fight for us to get a score. India did get good batting conditions, and they used them, so fair play to them. I thought Ryan Sidebottom bowled excellently without any luck. Ganguly and Tendulkar batted well, and took us out of the game. Unfortunatly for us a couple of our bigger players haven't turned up today when we have needed them. Cook being one of our most important players for this innings didn't get a score. Strauss should have pushed on. Pietersen didn't do anything. Bell with another failure, Prior got a pretty good ball, but all the same he didn't exactly play it well. Won't bother talking about how the tail have gotten out so far because I don't expect them to stick around.

Michael Vaughan played fantastically, probably the best innings of the test match, with no disrespect to Tendulkar and Ganguly's innings, but by in large we bowled poorly to them, offering scoring opportunities, and many of the Indian fans on here have already admitted it wasn't either of their best innings. Vaughan played fantastically in very trying conditions and was very unlucky to get out. Things could have been so different if he didn't get out when he did, but all the same, it's no good debating would might have happened because it didn't.

Hopefully we can pull back the Third test and get the draw.

great match report, you should consider working for Sky, David Lloyd does my head in sometimes, :p

if bad light hadn't prevented our win at lords, i doubt anyone would be bothered.. as it would be 1-1..

thats the trouble with 3 match series..very hard if not imposisbel to come back

i accept the defeat...just don't need it rubbing in our faces when everyone knows it should be 1-1 in the series

(edit : no doubt those hardcore india fans would claim they would have put on a 100+ for last wickets and won. )

It shouldn't be 1-1.
We did outplay them in the first game and I think nobody doubts that. The umpires took the right decision to go off for bad light. That's test cricket, it's not an easy game where everybody gets the result they want. It's a hard fought game in which the weather does play a part. It just happens. You have to deal with it and move on.

i accept the defeat...just don't need it rubbing in our faces when everyone knows it should be 1-1 in the series

It shouldn't be 1-1 because it isn't 1-1. I'll admit that England performed beautifully in the first match and India were thoroughly outclassed, but the weather and luck are sometimes as much of a part of winning as performance. Although I'd say that England's performance was worthy of a victory, they weren't victorious because of other factors which all come together to be consequential in a victory. So, it shouldn't be 1-1 because it isn't 1-1.

what i meant was 1-1 would be a fairer reflection of the series, setting up a "winner takes all" finale at the oval..

Users who are viewing this thread