India in England/Ireland/Scotland

If Tremlett got a hattrick now it would make things slightly interesting.
Nevertheless his picked up his best bowling figures in Tests.
Well it is only his second test, so thats not that great an achievement is it :p

india get the win well played. jeely beans thrown at khan, indian fans should not mine as khan did the job for them.

Yep. India in the past few years have often got a lead just to squander it. I really really hope they don't repeat it this series. The batting is the most important for me. They need to put on big scores, which will at least guarantee a drawn match if not a win.

Tremlett has bowled well. England can take heart from the fact that their second string bowling attack is pretty strong.

Well, I think that's a touch uncharitable to Ryan Sidebottom. I think he'd make the England 11 now even in a full-strength attack because he's shown his skill and endurance in this match. Tremlett also seems to be improving so you might be having a new good first-string attack.

Will Harmison and Simon Jones come back now? Time will tell... But it would be very hard to drop Tremlett and Sidebottom at the moment from an English attack. James Anderson was inconsistent and probably didn't seem to be at his best in this match though.

Which bowler will you drop out of this 11 now... If Hoggard makes it back in time.

Harmison will not come back in the team if Tremlett's still going strong. I have no idea about Jones, but he hasn't played Tests for years now. Flintoff will replace a batsman - either Bell or Collingwood. Hoggard will replace Anderson, quite sure about that.

Tremlett has been awesome. I think if Harmy can make a comeback he and Tremmy can make life hell for the batters with their bounce..
Some of you English fans are whining as if you supported a different asian team...Seriously.
If you think that Luck has no factor in sports then you are seriously messed up...you can't blame the toss. It was a 50% chance of losing and winning and Rahul managed to guess right. Thats that. You can't use it as an excuse for your loss's.
India deserved this win. Sreesanths behaviour was poopy. He deserves to be dropped for the next test.

Good point, I forgot it was at the oval - I just dont like Tremlett I guess, besides our side will have a whole new strategy for the next test - they'll be issued with Jelly Babies instead of Jelly Beans!

Its still a pretty childish and unnecessary comment especially when your behind in a game.
Energy being wasted on silly meaningless comments instead of playing is very ludicrous and should not be accepted.
If I was Micheal Vaughan, I would not have anything of the sort of that behavior.

Vaughan has said that his players didn't do it, and said they were left their after a drinks break (or one of the game breaks anyway).

I believe him. No doubt the Guardian will have a hissy fit about this.

I think Tremlett has been a relevation in these two tests, Kev. Even when he has got it wrong he's not been expensive. That's 10 wickets in 2 games now, his eco is going to be something like just over 2 an over with a decent average of under 20 (iirc).

It'd be silly to go into the Oval with no-one with bounce as a weapon.

I'd drop Sreesanth for the next match and the next series for him to get his head straight. Radnadeep(sp?) Bose and Ishant Sharma should be dropped too for the next series. Then, you can try to bring Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, or Piyush Chawla (who, imo is a better choice than Harbajan) for that series. I think Munaf and Zaheer are two good seamers that India can keep in their frontline. RP Singh sounds better than Sree and Irfan for that third spot. But god knows how Irfan will be when he comes back into action. And Piyush just looks very promising as a leg spinner. Just being with Kumble would teach him a lot for the future, even though their styles are very different.

BTW, I know someone wasn't believing the jellybean incident w/o pictures. I forgot who. So here goes:

Here's a pic of a jellybean on the outfield:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/image/304606.html

Here's an article with Zaheer Khan and an umpire. Zaheer is pointing out jellybeans on the pitch in the first picture:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/304509.html

IMO, Tremlett was impressive in patches. He wasn't great, but did bag wickets. It's a tough choice but I'd pick Tremlett over Anderson for the Oval.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread