India in England/Ireland/Scotland

England's second innings also took place in the best conditions of the summer and they came quite a bit short of 481, didn't they?

Except that India were building a lead after England were bowled out cheaply in their first innings, while the latter were chasing the target. There is enormous difference in pressure in the two cases.

Tremlett is putting a very strong case for permanent selection here..

I'd maybe like to include Broad in last match..just because of his extra bounce

And Tremlett gets another wicket. These two wickets will probably mean he will again play in the next match.

Well generally when you're standing in the slips you won't be using up much energy anyway. A few words keep the players on their toes & awake.

Sledging is a great asset to cricket as long as it isn't racisim or targetting one's family of such, etc, etc. It makes the great even more interesting & gives the spectators an edge over what's going on; on the field. I don't think anything that has occured has overshadowed how good of a game this has been anyway.

2 Jellybeans have been spotted on the field! One orange, another white!

I don't have a real problem with sledging as long as its not offensive and what was said by the England players yesterday was offensive.

Tremlett and Anderson have been bowling a lot of short stuff today. Only 8 runs needed by now.

Except that India were building a lead after England were bowled out cheaply in their first innings, while the latter were chasing the target. There is enormous difference in pressure in the two cases.
True, but the fact remains that none of the English batsmen gave their wickets away. All the wickets were earned, which goes to show that it isn't just the conditions that will be gifting India this win.

India has won by seven wickets. Last eight runs were made by four leg byes and four byes.

Last runs coming from byes but a good win from India. India have won at least one test match in all their overseas tours since 2005, and that is something that they will be taking heart from. They must continue to improve in that vein.

England bowled well, today, although it was mainly short-pitched stuff. The final test should be interesting, particularly with India's tendency to lose a match immediately after winning one.

Users who are viewing this thread