India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Obviously he is part of an international conspiracy to corner the jellybean market and create a monopoly so powerful that it would make De Beers pale in comparison.

What will the Oval Pitch be like? I hear it's conducive to spin, so will India have a bit of an advantage here?

You can't lose this series now can you? There's only one test left, or are there two? I really don't think England deserve to lose the series, maybe a draw would be a fair result.

why India batted in the best conditions of the summer..sure england would have enjoyed the same conditions..

maybe india would only have made 150 on day 1
England's second innings also took place in the best conditions of the summer and they came quite a bit short of 481, didn't they?

How's the Oval pitch? I expect it would play really good and with the form of both batting sides, I cannot see a result... even with the bowling strength of the two sides.

you have completely missed the point..India had the best of the bowling conditions ..followed by the best batting conditions..

if u had lost it would have been a very bad effort
Which is precisely what happened in the first match. England batted during the times the sun was out and bowled when it was overcast. You're just whining because the conditions favor us this time. It's not as if India has never lost/drawn a test match due to the weather and it's not as if England has never been saved by it.

It shouldn't be 1-1 because it isn't 1-1. I'll admit that England performed beautifully in the first match and India were thoroughly outclassed, but the weather and luck are sometimes as much of a part of winning as performance. Although I'd say that England's performance was worthy of a victory, they weren't victorious because of other factors which all come together to be consequential in a victory. So, it shouldn't be 1-1 because it isn't 1-1.
I wouldn't say we are thoroughly outclassed, especially if no one gives us the same distinction over England in this test match. Apart from Pietersen, both teams played equally well, in that game.

Is that reserved just for the home team? Every series ?

It's a moot point. England are most likely to go with the same team. Bell's the only real weak link but I'm confident he'll retain his place.
Home teams always seem to pick a 12-man squad for every test. It makes sense, too, since it would be stupid if people got injured and you couldn't replace them, seeing that they were probably less than 2 hours away.

In the end, a bunch of the Indians need to grow up a bit and play the mans game, and not the child game as they are now!
A bunch? Just Sreesanth by my count.

Just because a jelly bean is on a cricket pitch it makes it part of cricket? .....people have weird standards these days. So if a bird flies through a cricket stadium it makes it part of a cricket match?
... If it bumps into the batsman. :D

Well, couldn't follow the match live because my hard-disk decided to crash yesterday. It was a good performance from India, though we did have the advantage of the first innings being in helpful conditions. Nevertheless, our bowlers showed that they have what it takes even in decent batting conditions by wrapping up the England second innings for a half-decent score.

Good signs this, though Sreesanth will need to work on his temperament a lot.

Last edited:
Jellybeans are hardly Semtex are they? And i'm sure that if they were thrown on the pitch then the camera's would have picked it up.

From I heard, there was a jellybean on the pitch so Zaheer threw it off the pitch. Later, there were more on the pitch so he shouted at Kevin Pietersen (educated guess) to which he replied: "Make sure you get the right man".

I wouldn't be surpised if its Pietersen.
He has had a few sledging battles over the years.
If England have been the ones sledging, then they will get what they deserve tomorrow.
Stop the chatter and get on and play in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surpised if its Pietersen.
He has had a few sledging battles over the years.
If England have been the ones sledging, then they will get what they deserve tomorrow.
Stop the chatter and get on and play in my opinion.

Yes. This test match has given me a sour feeling, the sledging seems to have taken away from the atmosphere of the game rather than added to it.

Sreesanth was cute when he started his career doing stuff like that, but now he just looks like a brat -- especially when he's not performing with the ball in hand.

He should temper his over-the-top antics, but he should remain an aggressive bowler. It's not necessary to keep sledging the batsmen all the time. The same goes for some of the English players as well...

On Sreesanth: Let's hope Venkatesh Prasad try to change him too much or we might end up with another has-been medium pacer. I think he needs to be natural in his bowling and not complicate it with too much theories. He just needs to run in and bowl fast and the results will come...

What do you think about England's tail? They seem to be pretty poor now. Most teams have someone decent at No.8 or No.9. India have Kumble. Zaheer can bat too.

Bowlers bowl, batsman bat. Having your best bowlers who can bat is purely an advantage. You have to pick your bowlers for their ability to bowl, to take 20 wickets to win a match. You don't win games by scoring 50-60 runs with the tail. Fletcher's biggest mistake was the constant picking of bowlers for their ability to bat, and it didn't work! Plunkett, Mahmood, etc.

Having a tail is a good thing, only if it's by chance though and not a selected tail.

India should get the required runs before lunch, whether they lose wickets or not.

Users who are viewing this thread