India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Tremlett isnt nonsense Matt.

If you've seen his knocks alongside Warne, Pothas aswell as a few with a proper batsmen when the tail has failed, you'll see he is very much the Harmison type batsmen with Hoggard capabilities a-plenty.

And to be fair to Anderson, each time he's batted in this series it's been in the middle of a collapse, and a number 11 is hardly going to come to the rescue and stop the rot is he?

Anderson's new action is something to be proud of, it keeps him bowling, and probably helps him swing the ball a bit more without the strain.

Fair enough comment Matt, but Anderson could show a bit more resistance, but then again, i suppose anyone whos a bit tentative in batting cant handle spinnings balls going one way, the other way and then one which skids and speeds up.

Last edited:
Tremlett isnt nonsense Matt.

If you've seen his knocks alongside Warne, Pothas aswell as a few with a proper batsmen when the tail has failed, you'll see he is very much the Harmison type batsmen with Hoggard capabilities a-plenty.

Pair in the first Test bamboozled again in the second. That's not the hallmark of a number 8! Admittedly though, he is a newbie.

Like i said, i'd struggle with Kumble, and the swing that Sree and Zaheer extract from the ball.

Anyone would if not a international standard player.

Thing is Simon, I doubt anyone expects you to score runs...:p.

Tremlett looked like a dumb duck waiting to be shot by Kumble. He was real awful.

Yes he was, I was amazed when I saw him come in ahead of Sidebottom. What is Sidey's average? It must be pretty decent as today's isn't the only time he's reached the twenties for England.

It's in the twenties. Still, the England lower order has collapsed dramatically in recent times.

Also, England lack a bowler who can clean up the tail, like Akhtar, Bond, Warne, Murali or Kumble.

17 is Sidebottoms average :D

And I could hog Kumble back over his head with ease Adarsh :p

Last edited:
"I won't believe you until I see photographic evidence"

Sidebottom's 6ft 4 !! I had no idea.

Last edited:
Never mind, I had said that we could save the match and well Vaughan and Collingwood were going I still thought that, however, it shows how much effect one bad piece of fortune can have on a side. Brilliant effort from the batsmen today none the less, Vaughan was excellent, Collingwood and Strauss played well as well and it was difficult against the left armers.

India deserve their win, they won it in our first innings and at the toss. It's disappointing not to win the series but we really need to restore parity with a win at The Oval now, we did it in India so I'm gonna continue my rare optimism and say we can do it this summer.

Sreesanth's shove wasn't called for. I'm all for a bit of chatter, I like it and it can be very funny, however, a shove isn't part of the game. I'm sure Jimmy got fined for just that in the West Indies ODI series.

Three people have been put on mod-preview in the cricket chat forum due to their inability to keep civil in this thread. If anyone else refuses to remain civil in this thread, it will be closed.

Is there any pictures of the jellybeans on the pitch? No. Have the umpires said anything about it? No. Have the players actually fully admitted to it? No. I'm not being stubborn, i'm just refusing to believe something that is yet to be proven as concrete. It'll all be a lot clearer come the end of the match when it could well be proved to be true, but until then it didn't happen.

Now call me childish all you want, that's as feasible a response as you can get.

Why should Zaheer lie about jellybeans being on the pitch when he could have other reasons to lie on for that incident?

I hope India dont celebrate too much tomorrow. They got one more test match. They must be aware that on numerous occasions, they have celebrated too early only to be brought back down to earth and lose the series eventually.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread