India in England/Ireland/Scotland

a good total in the end...242 is defendable. India are gonna have to bowl really well as well...Zaheer will be key of course..if he gets early wickets, india will be in the driving seat. The spinners will be key in thye middle overs. I think they will have to keep it tight..BUT...take wickets as well!

to end up with 242 is pretty good, seeing as they were struggling early on. it should be a good one

For anyone who saw it on TV or whatever, Tendulkar's innings; Any good? Is he coming back to form? Or was it a bit grafty. I understand it was slow, but that's probably because of the weather we've had, slow low, seaming pitches and that, so I wouldn't expect him to score quickly.

For anyone who saw it on TV or whatever, Tendulkar's innings; Any good? Is he coming back to form? Or was it a bit grafty. I understand it was slow, but that's probably because of the weather we've had, slow low, seaming pitches and that, so I wouldn't expect him to score quickly.

a generally good performance TBH...started off slow...but picked it up afterwards, playing some terrific shots TBH. At first, he didnt seem too comfortable at all..took ages to get off the mark and wickets falling didnt help him either. But, he showed experience and signs of him willing to take some responsibility. he looked to score boundaries but also nudges is around well on the difficult surfac to bat on. So...well done sachin!

Cheers very much. Just interested to know with the games Vs England coming up.

Cheers very much. Just interested to know with the games Vs England coming up.

yh...it would be important to have the senior players like sachin in form. Good to see Dravid get some runs under his belt as well...but they have to carry on this form TBH. Its like gambhir and Ganguly played well in the last match...but scored next to nothing today.

Anyways, mate...where do you live...because im sure these matches are being broadcasted all over the place!

Last edited:
Im of the opinon that Dravid is going to be the Mainstay for you this summer, much like Chanderpaul has been for The West Indies and Yousuf was for Pakistan when they came here. The technically faultless players tend to score heavily on English wickets.

Was a decent innings. Played and missed a bit. Mistimed a few shots. There was a period in the middle where Dravid and him went after the bowling. Was starting to smack it nicely when he got out.

Too many ODIs are being played out there.
What was the reason for India, SA, and Pakistan to play ODIs in the UK?

India needs a few County matches in England to prepare well for the Tests.

SA coasting towards the target here.
Does not look like they`ll lose a wicket.

R.P.Singh has been aweful.
Just as I type, Singh gets a wicket, a lucky one though of DeViliiers to a great catch by Kaarthik.

We need the spinners to come to the party for India.

I would`nt be too bothered if we lose here as long as we run them close in this game.
We should have a fully fit XI for the next match.

Last edited:
We have not lost hopes of winning here. Once spinners will come on. It will be a difficult task for the South African batsmen. I am banking on Piyush Chawla to get a 3fer atleast

Very unlikely that we`ll win.
We do not have the bowling to threaten their batting especially without Sreesanth.
This is not a wicket that`ll aid spin either.

I predict a 5 wicket win for SA with 3-4 overs to spare.

Very unlikely that we`ll win.
We do not have the bowling to threaten their batting especially without Sreesanth.
This is not a wicket that`ll aid spin either.

I predict a 5 wicket win for SA with 3-4 overs to spare.

well...Chawla has 3 and powar has 1 already...spin is playing a mojor factor here...india have turned the game a bit here...but they will need to bowl SA out if they will win today. The SAfican RR is pretty decent at the moment.

Too many ODIs are being played out there.
What was the reason for India, SA, and Pakistan to play ODIs in the UK?

India needs a few County matches in England to prepare well for the Tests.

A) They are being played in Ireland not the UK.
B) India are preparing for their tour of England (and Wales?)
C) South Africa and Pakistan? Well to help Ireland I'd imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread