India in England/Ireland/Scotland

It's really Intersting.Let's see,both,india and england are balanced teams right now.pretty intresting though on how they'll manage to get each other out!

might be a miracle if ireland strikes between them!

well i think as england are at home and india's bowling attack is unknown. you would have to say england are in a better postition, however if india's batting clicks and the unknown bowling is on track then india will be in a better postion

Our batsmen are in very good form. the seamers will have to come to the party more as India will play Monty well but he is good enough to trouble any batsmen. If India's tour of South Africa is anything to go by, the Indians don't like pace and bounce.

English conditions will be a big bonus for England, that is why I think they are favourites.

I predict a 2-1 win for England in the test series. They will then whip us in the ODIs.

I honestly can't see us losing a Test against India. I don't think we'll win all three, but I certainly don't think we'll lose one. We'll see though.

India don't tend to tour too well either, do they?

Like most teams, India do better at home than abroad.
However, we have become a far more competetive unit overseas in the past few years, starting from 2002.
We drew 1-1 in England last time, which incidentally is the only instance of a side not losing a test series in England in the past 5 years.
We drew 1-1 in Ausralia in 2004, which was again a superb effort.

We also beat the Windies 1-0, should have won it 3-0 if not for some rain and West Indian lower order resistance in the first test where they ost 9 wickets.

Most recently, we beat SA by a big margin of around 150 runs on a green Jo`burg wicket by bowling them out for 84 in the 1st innings.
We had the SA batting on the mat for most part of the series, but could not deliver the knockout punch at Capetown after getting a good first innings score.

India have started to do well abroad in tests and I`d attribute that to our bowlers, especially our seam bowling attack and Kumble who is a bigger threat abroad now than he was before.

but the bowling attack that india have got this time is slightly unknow in the test arena, hopefully india will get the series win

India don't tend to tour too well either, do they?
The exception is England, I feel. We don't have an extremely bad record there (I think we have lost 2 series, won 1 and drawn 3 or something like that) and we have won plenty of test matches there as well. Also, we've done well in England last time around.

However, it will be a harsh test for our newbie bowling line-up and we'll have to see if the batsman can face up to the English bowling. If Harmison clicks, I would pack my bags and leave. ;)

I'm not too worried about the fast-bowling options. If they are consistent, English conditions will certainly be a big favour. When you've got Pieterson in their ranks, its important to persist and not lose confidence. This is where Kumble comes.

Even though English conditions favour seam bowling, it doesn't mean that either tam will run through the other's line-up as that rarely happens if you apply yourself correctly so both teams' spinners will play a big role.

I'm hoping for a good solid showing from the Irish team, although India should be too strong for them. But didn't we say that about Pakistan and Bangladesh ;)

LMAO Dhoni and Zaheer injured so Rohit Sharma and Piyush Chawla get ins. Will be interesting to see Rohit Sharma as he seems to be a good prospect. Very different climate for India here, with a max of 13C!

India make the break through... i hope ireland get over 150 at least

Users who are viewing this thread