India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Setanta Ireland will only show the match to Ireland viewers!:@ Rather annoyed!

Sreesanth going pretty well with two wickets anyway.

It really will be interesting to see how Panesar goes against India, who have some excellent players of spin.

Zee network won the rights to India's matches in Ireland and Scotland too I think.

Sreesanth is impressive today. Bowled quite fast, nearly touching 90 mph!! Agarkar was quite slippery too, bowling around 86-88 mph. Piyush Chawla doesn't look like he's ready for ODI cricket yet. He doesn't turn the ball and doesn't have nearly as much control as Kumble. It should be either Kumble or Powar bowling.

Well, duh! Chawla is proving me wrong here, two quick wickets. I'm still not sure about him. Legspinners need big spin, imo, if they don't have extreme control like Kumble does.

dont read into it too much... they are playing ireland

Well, duh! Chawla is proving me wrong here, two quick wickets. I'm still not sure about him. Legspinners need big spin, imo, if they don't have extreme control like Kumble does.
He's obviously trying too hard because he has to prove himself in every game to get into the national team. I think he's not bad, actually. He gets plenty of spin on more conducive wickets and he has a very well-disguised googly. A couple more years and he should be ready to replace Kumble. Hope Kumble lasts till then!

He bowls a good googly, but overdoes it. He bowls it about twice an over, instead of once in a couple of overs. In fact, today his googlies spun more than his legbreaks. He does spin it big occasionally, when he flights the ball but it's rare.

Hes young he'll learn the tricks and trades as he gets more experience. This tour is a good time to get him some experience and who knows maybe he'll put in some performances to cement his spot.

Zee network won the rights to India's matches in Ireland and Scotland too I think.

They did have the rights for Ireland and Scotland,but they backed out of the deal owing to some problem with the BCCI.

Anyways,regarding India's tour to England,which channel from the ESS stable is going to show the matches ?
ESPN,Star Sports or Star Cricket ?

well nice to see a good win from india. however they need to do a lot more against the better teams. not taking anything away from ireland but i would expect england, africa and pakistan to be a lot harder. but i do wonder about india's bowling attack agains the big teams, if its rest or odi it would be deifficult

They did have the rights for Ireland and Scotland,but they backed out of the deal owing to some problem with the BCCI.
Yup, Zee backed out of the deal because they were not given discounts by the BCCI on the original deal, which were offered to others like Nimbus.

Anyways,regarding India's tour to England,which channel from the ESS stable is going to show the matches ?
ESPN,Star Sports or Star Cricket ?
I don't know, but I believe they will be launching Star Cricket with it. Otherwise, I presume it will be on ESPN as that seems to be where they show English cricket for the most part.

Tendulkar and Dravid`s big partnership ensuring that India do not collapse here.
This is something that will be very heartening to see from an Indian point of view.
The 2 seniors standing up against some very disciplined South African bowling .
Sachin in paricular showing that he still has it in him to face up to quality quick stuff under seaming conditions.
Dravid scored quicker than Tendulkar and efforlessly as well.

Tendulkar seems to have slowed down in his 90s though, understandably so.

EDIT
India faltering at the death here.
Tendulkar runout on 99, a sad way to get out.
A total that could have been around 250 might end up around 235 now.
This is where we are missing somebody like Dhoni.
Yuvraj was the one who could have scored 10r.p.o but he failed to get going.
Kaarthik and Sharma are struggling to get past the infield.

A good positive show as far as the larger picture of the tour is concerned.

Last edited:
tendulkar is playing very slow is there a reason for this?

Tendulkar run out for 99 runs. :laugh It seems it was his own fault though.

Hall is bowling again good in the death.

tendulkar is playing very slow is there a reason for this?

He actually started off very slow and had to play Ntini out since he was bowling well.
Since then he actually picked up the pace but slowed down again in his 90s.
He was looking good to accelerate in the end but was a pity that he fell to a runout.

Users who are viewing this thread