India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I didn't mention anything about it being appropriate or not. But players shouldn't be slated for something that is part of the game, I want our keeper to be 'loud' behind the stumps and not be berated for it from all angles of the media.

Obviously i'd never condone anything like racism, etc. But I don't think it'd ever get that far. I think if only one person should hear the stump mic it should be the match referee.

Bose picks up 5 wickets and Ramesh Powar picks up 4 wickets in the warm up match on a batting wicket.

Is it confidence rubbed in from the winning XI of Trent Bridge? Sreesanth now seems to be in grave danger of losing his place to either of this two. Both have amazingly equal chances of making the XI at the Oval. But considering the Indian team's selection style, I think they might go for Bose.

I personally feel Powar can get a look in because the Oval might favor spin. But his physique and agility would rub in the wounds of an already sluggish team on the field. Anyways, good that both have done well here. Whatever the batters like Yuvraj and Gambhir do in this game, they are not getting a look in because India prefer the safe approach and pick the reputation players and these guys have done well at Trent Bridge too.

Bose picks up 5 wickets and Ramesh Powar picks up 4 wickets in the warm up match on a batting wicket.

Is it confidence rubbed in from the winning XI of Trent Bridge? Sreesanth now seems to be in grave danger of losing his place to either of this two. Both have amazingly equal chances of making the XI at the Oval. But considering the Indian team's selection style, I think they might go for Bose.

I personally feel Powar can get a look in because the Oval might favor spin. But his physique and agility would rub in the wounds of an already sluggish team on the field. Anyways, good that both have done well here. Whatever the batters like Yuvraj and Gambhir do in this game, they are not getting a look in because India prefer the safe approach and pick the reputation players and these guys have done well at Trent Bridge too.

I think Sreesanth is a good bowler.
He just needs a talking to because he can be a real asset in English conditions.

For an England fan, the worst thing that could have happened after so nearly winning a test is going 1-0 down the next match.

I wasn't here to watch the 2nd Test but, by the looks of the scorecard, we may have been able to save the match had we applied ourselves. No doubt, India outplayed England but it is so frustrating to be losing a series that we should be at least drawing. The best we can hope for is a win in the last Test so we can only draw a Test Series in England which where we should be at our strongest. This Test Series was our only real hope against India.

It's a shame I missed the controversial incidents which occurred during the 2nd Test as it would have been interesting. I can't comment on them as I didn't see them.

I didn't mention anything about it being appropriate or not. But players shouldn't be slated for something that is part of the game, I want our keeper to be 'loud' behind the stumps and not be berated for it from all angles of the media.

Obviously i'd never condone anything like racism, etc. But I don't think it'd ever get that far. I think if only one person should hear the stump mic it should be the match referee.
Let the public decide whether it's appropriate or not. If you've got the balls to say it to the batsman you should be able to handle the public.

To be honest Will England didn't have much luck, they bowled well with not much reward and Michael Vaughan had the ball come off his thigh pad and on to his stumps after he scored his hundred.
India did play well and credit should be given to them to beat a good England side when they were playing well.

I disagree with Moores' stance regarding stump microphones. Stump mics have been around for almost a decade and there have been no huge controversies since then--which shows that there is either a secret technique that international players share that allows them to avoid the stump mic, or that this series has become too passionate for the players.

Stump microphones are kept on for very specific periods of every ball--they are turned off from the point the ball is dead to the point the bowler starts running in. I think fielders should stop jabbering at that point out of respect for the batsman, who would want to concentrate on the ball. Of course, there's nothing in the rules for this, but I think it is basic sportsmanship to allow the batsman a fair opportunity to face the ball.

Hence, the periods when the fielders are allowed to work on the batsman--between balls--are not covered by an on stump microphone and hence the public will not be granted access to the "sledging". I think this is the way it should stay because if it hasn't been a significant or continuing problem yet, there is reason to place the blame elsewhere.

Then Moores will say "Stop eating jelly beans" becoz they will create controversy.He is crazy.

Crazy because of a suggestion to turn stump mic volume down? :rolleyes:

No, he wanted the stump mike to be TURNED DOWN, not the volume to be turned down.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/305017.html

I would say its upto the players to avoid the audience from knowing what they say by not saying anything when the stump mikes are live. In short, DONT SLEDGE (including the Indian team). Showing aggression is different from sledging (using words).

I say we turn them up so we can actually here what is going on

I second that. Making stump mics louder can surely make the game more entertaining! I mean, in American Football, they often show what players say to each other and sometimes its downright nasty, but it makes great viewing!

I don't think sledging is bad at all. It's a valuable tool that can actually assist the bowling and the fielding team if they can get inside the batsman's head. But it should be limited to taunts, rather than personal remarks about appearance, religion, race, etc.

Yeah I found it pretty pathetic that Moore's taking their side rather than disciplining them, or atleast, that's what it appears from the articles. He said the Jellybean incident was blown up and shouldn't be looked into with too much analysis.

That's because it was.

Right. What if the ball hit the jelly bean and then caused uneven bounce and got one of the batsmen out ?

It didn't so that's irrelevent. Clearly Sreesanth's beamer was far more serious than some jelly beans yet for some reason the English are the real villains here.

Note I am not saying the English weren' unacceptable in their actions rather that the Indians were just as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread