India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Right. What if the ball hit the jelly bean and then caused uneven bounce and got one of the batsmen out ?

Homer Simpson: Ha! What if! What if I'm having a shower and I trip on a bar of soap:cool:

...Oh my God, I'd be killed!

It didn't so that's irrelevent. Clearly Sreesanth's beamer was far more serious than some jelly beans yet for some reason the English are the real villains here.

Note I am not saying the English weren' unacceptable in their actions rather that the Indians were just as bad.

Well, seeing as how the bearmer was an accident, and it happens when you're a fast bowler, I have no idea what you're talking about. He apologized straight away after releasing it.

Well, seeing as how the bearmer was an accident, and it happens when you're a fast bowler, I have no idea what you're talking about. He apologized straight away after releasing it.

Of course he's going to apologise after - he's not stupid: you apologise, it looks unintentional. However judging by his actions and attitude throughout the match it is hard to see that it was unintentional. Also his 'no no no ball' bouncer against Collingwood was ridiculous too.

I don't why the Silence of the Jelly Beans is more of a talking point than that bouncer to Collingwood. The batsman could have been seriously hurt.

Last edited:
Sreesanth is a little git.

It was 6.59pm - the last ball of day three - and everyone wants to go home. Yet Sreesanth takes 3 attempts to let go of the ball and put everyone out of their misery.

Little git.

It didn't so that's irrelevent. Clearly Sreesanth's beamer was far more serious than some jelly beans yet for some reason the English are the real villains here.

Note I am not saying the English weren' unacceptable in their actions rather that the Indians were just as bad.

Sreesanth's beamer was an accident. The jelly beans by the Englishmen was a prank to unsettle the Indian team and thats just unacceptable.

Update on the tour game: India declare at 238/5 conceding a lead of 28 runs and the Sri Lankan A team extend the lead to 117 runs with the loss of only 1 wicket.

What the heck is Dravid thinking? Why did he have to declare this early? What is he going to get with a result here in this game? I feel Dravid should have gone on to get his century which would have further boosted his confidence for the Oval Test. Its he who needs to fire big if India needs to make history by winning a series in England after 21 years. I feel not so good captaincy. Dhoni falls for nought. Makes me think if his innings at Lord's was a flash in the pan. I hope he doesnt become another Laxman where he clings onto his spot just by playing that one single innings when his place is in danger.

Last edited:
More unacceptable than overstepping by a foot to bowl a bouncer?

Sreesanth's beamer was an accident. The jelly beans by the Englishmen was a prank to unsettle the Indian team and thats just unacceptable.

The way Sreesanth was acting that day doesn't make it look like an accident. Take for example the deliberate no-ball after a decision was turned down.

^^ What was sidebottom doing to karthik then?:rolleyes:Look this is not 1980's or 1990's indian team.We know how to give it back to the opposition.You started it we will end it.

What tosh ! So walking on the pitch is ok as long as the ball doesn't hit the area? Bowling a beamer is ok as long as it doesn't hit the batsman ??? It was done deliberately and anything that is done unlawfully to the pitch breaks the law.

Of course he's going to apologise after - he's not stupid: you apologise, it looks unintentional. However judging by his actions and attitude throughout the match it is hard to see that it was unintentional. Also his 'no no no ball' bouncer against Collingwood was ridiculous too.

Shoaib Akhtar during the last indian tour to Pakistan bowled a dangerous beamer to Dhoni that was intentional and he didnt apologise for that.Actually the main thing is you guys think only English players can show the aggression and will walk away with it now when Zaheer,RP,Sree giving you the same medicine its hurting you guys.;)

You're only looking at his behavior and forgetting that he was bowling HORRIBLY all day. If you noticed, all day and the day before he was struggling with his run up, his action, and his bowling in general. It really doesn't surprise me that a beamer resulted from the kind of bowling that he was doing. I don't know, I just think the Englishmen are blaming Sreesanth for a mistake, calling it intentional because they can't swallow the fact that their own players have horrible on-field behavior and because they're angry from their defeat to India after almost beating them in the first game. :noway

I'll say that Sreesanth was an ass for the thing he did to Vaughan, but the beamer was most likely unintentional given that Sreesanth was struggling with his bowling for the entire day and the day before.

Last edited:
You're only looking at his behavior and forgetting that he was bowling HORRIBLY all day. If you noticed, all day and the day before he was struggling with his run up, his action, and his bowling in general. It really doesn't surprise me that a beamer resulted from the kind of bowling that he was doing. I don't know, I just think the Englishmen are blaming Sreesanth for a mistake, calling it intentional because they can't swallow the fact that their own players have horrible on-field behavior and because they're angry from their defeat to India after almost beating them in the first game. :noway

I'll say that Sreesanth was an ass for the thing he did to Vaughan, but the beamer was most likely unintentional given that Sreesanth was struggling with his bowling for the entire day and the day before.

Horrible on-field behaviour? Because of a couple of jelly beans, England are now trouble makers? A jelly in no way harms the batsman while a beamer (intentional or unintentional) and a bouncer bowled from 20/21 yards is much worse.

Users who are viewing this thread