India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I like Chappell's comments on cricinfo. Prior needs to do less yapping and more work on his keeping. I think England in general need to settle down with these jelly bean antics, etc and they might not find illegal bouncers and beamers being thrown at them.

When you get annoyed on a field, you don't really think. I'd say theres a possibility that both instances had a high degree of frustration where the bowler just got lost in their anger.

And by the way, the no ball bouncer, nothing says it's not allowed. It's actually not a bad ploy for 1 penalty run and an extra ball. If I was a fast bowler, giving myself an extra meter to try knock the batsman in the helmet seems like a good idea.

If it's not appropriate on television, it's not appropriate on the cricket field. Why should sledging stay on the field ?

Ranadeb Bose is doing well in the warm up match. Will he replace Sreesanth? I don't think so...but I've never seem Bose play.

Sledging is alright as long it stays to a limit, to the point when the batsmen know they shouldnt be tkaing it easy. whereas sledging close to discrimination is utterly unnaceptable. England's ploy with Jelly Beans in my opinion shows they do not have enough determination to beat a team Properly, so they have to try and beat a team the childish way...

I dont think Ranadeb Bose will replace Sreesanth because i doubt they would hand someone their debut on the Series Decinding test match because Bose has bowled well (economical 5-51) debuts can range from destroying the top order from getting hammered wound the park by Pietersen, on debuts its mostly about nerves. :onpc

I like Chappell's comments on cricinfo. Prior needs to do less yapping and more work on his keeping. I think England in general need to settle down with these jelly bean antics, etc and they might not find illegal bouncers and beamers being thrown at them.

When you get annoyed on a field, you don't really think. I'd say theres a possibility that both instances had a high degree of frustration where the bowler just got lost in their anger.

And by the way, the no ball bouncer, nothing says it's not allowed. It's actually not a bad ploy for 1 penalty run and an extra ball. If I was a fast bowler, giving myself an extra meter to try knock the batsman in the helmet seems like a good idea.
The umpire may take action if he deems your bowling to be intended to harm, though this would probably not happen for just one ball. Besides that, it doesn't really matter if the umpire let him off, because, as you can see, a lot of people take offence to it. That might affect you adversely, especially if it upsets your captain.

The only thing wrong with England's 'sledging' is that it's not very good. If this was their best material, then imagine how lame the third test will be. Good sledges tend to be clever, but it's mostly about being subtly provocative. Just being tools, well, it may be distracting, but it gives the opponent a reason to think better of himself.

England's ploy with Jelly Beans in my opinion shows they do not have enough determination to beat a team Properly, so they have to try and beat a team the childish way...

Where's that come from?

A team isn't placed 2nd in the World Rankings for nothing.

Where's that come from?

A team isn't placed 2nd in the World Rankings for nothing.

for what?

They haven't won a series outside England for a while now.

besides that, i agree..the incidents @ TB are being blown out of proportion. The third test will start in 4 days and time to discuss about that.

i agree with cricket lover but the one thing you english fans need to realize is that since flintoffs gone the only player that can help england win a match is kp.

i agree with cricket lover but the one thing you english fans need to realize is that since flintoffs gone the only player that can help england win a match is kp.

Nah,
they have good enough players all around.
Strauss and Cook are both really good openers, Vaughn is a great test batsmen and skip, KP is fantastic, Collingwood is a great fielder and a pretty good batter, Nicko is a good bat, and with the ball, Sidebutt is aggressive, Anderson is good, and Tremlette gets really good pace and bounce.

They have alot of matchwinners, but it just turns out that KP does it the most ;)

Now look at Michael Atherton what he is feeling about beamer.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/305606.html

Where was he when shoaib akhtar bowled a beamer to Dhoni?
Well he's right that it's dangerous, but a ban should only be given if it's intentional, and the chances of us discovering that are not very likely as he's the only one who knows it or can admit it.

But his points are all valid, it doesn't look good at all, but we can't be so quick to judge, especially members of the media (not that they'd follow that rule).

We've got more than one match winner. Panesar, Vaughan, Collingwood, Bell. Most of the players in the team can do enough to win a match.

More work on his keeping? His keeping has been pretty good all throughout this summer. Dhoni on the other hand - who just failed twice against Sri Lanka A - has plenty of work to do in all areas.

Guys, we've done the whole Jelly Bean/Bouncer saga to death now. Let's look forward to the 3rd Test and maybe the ODIs. All we've got on the last 3-4 (maybe more) pages is people arguing the different sides. People know each others view point so let's just stop now.

Last edited:
Sureshot said:
Guys, we've done the whole Jelly Bean/Bouncer saga to death now. Let's look forward to the 3rd Test and maybe the ODIs. All we've got on the last 3-4 (maybe more) pages is people arguing the different sides. People know each others view point so let's just stop now.
That's what a discussion thread is for, discussing the issues on the tour. I don't see any reason to ask people to move on simply because you feel that it's been discussed enough. The next test hasn't started yet.

Because it was a minor incident and is being exaggerated. It has led to needless arguments over the last couple of pages. There are other important things to discuss about this series rather than jelly beans.

Just neg rep anyone who mentions jelly beans SS :p apart from me and my avvie

Because it was a minor incident and is being exaggerated. It has led to needless arguments over the last couple of pages. There are other important things to discuss about this series rather than jelly beans.
So change the subject, no need to tell people off for discussing it.

Dean, the problem is, is that there is very little to discuss. There is no definitive proof from either side as to what happened (were they thrown or not) and the topic was just starting to slide into petty arguments which is the last thing I want to see. In the context of the game it was a minor incident and should be treated as such and it certainly didn't warrant the amount of space wasted on here.

Also, you should remember that as well as making sure everything adheres to the forum rules it's also the mod's job to ensure topics flow, which is why there have been the calls for the end of the jellybean drivel and the attempt to change the subject.

If you want to discuss this further pm me.

ODI squad announced;

Collingwood (c)
Anderson
Bell
Bopara
Broad
Cook
Fred
Mascarenhas
Pietersen
Prior
Shah