India in England/Ireland/Scotland

As i said he was struggling with his run up if you have watched his bowling.

Yes I did, and he was bowling a lot of no-balls. All of them prior to the no-ball in question were a matter of inches, this one was a full foot at least. Stop being naive.

Don't resort to his level Will, just try to make him look like a fool by knowing your cricket more than him rather than using insults. It shouldn't be too hard.

It's incredibly naive of anyone to think that Sreesanth accidentally overstepped by a foot and a half.

I know your level Mr evo and how much popular you are here.:p

Man Utd 1 - 0 Chelsea

Right, if the petty arguing carries on I'll start playing mod.

Baburo and Will_NA - this is a friendly warning - stop with the insults.

Good, lets move on have no more talk of jellybeans or any other form of candy.

As many have already said the issues from the last test have been discussed almost to the death so unless someone has something valid or constructive to add can we try to move on.

Last edited:
I like Starbursts :p

I hope England win the toss on a decent pitch and bat first. They need India chasing if they have any hope of winning, I think. Because, if India bat first, they can take as long as they like in their 1st or 2nd innings and leave England no time to chase.

Could we see Broad come in for Anderson? Who had a poor game at TB.

I'd go for the same team.

btw, if anyone missed it we announced the same 12 players. We pick our ODI squad on Monday iirc (with the 20-20 WC squad).

There's no proof that any jelly beans were thrown. Yes they were on the pitch but there's nothing to proof they were thrown onto the pitch.

Storm in an Italian Coffee Cup (they are smaller ya see).

i don't think jellybeans can fly all the way to the pitch.

Agreed, beamer is more dangerous..but we've seen it happen few times in the past. Lee bowled it during Ashes, Akthar and few others...

I think the loss for England has added insult to injury.

This has had everything for a great test series, tbh. Great usage of the conditions-swing bowling- from both sides, good batting at times, and that factor of luck that goes into every sport playing a big role.
Lets turn to the next game..I predict a draw...

Now look at Michael Atherton what he is feeling about beamer.

Sreesanth must be banned for beamer: Atherton

Cricinfo staff

August 5, 2007
Michael Atherton feels Sreesanth should have been banned for a Test for the beamer he bowled at Kevin Pietersen at Trent Bridge © Getty Images

Michael Atherton, the former England captain, has called for Sreesanth to be banned from The Oval Test for bowling a beamer at Kevin Pietersen in the second Test at Trent Bridge.

In his column for the Sunday Telegraph, Atherton wrote that a bowler must always be punished severely for bowling a beamer: "If bowled deliberately there cannot be a more cowardly action on a cricket field; if bowled accidentally it is still potentially lethal. Either way it should incur an immediate one-match ban."

Analysing the incident in the second Test, Atherton suggested that there were reasons to believe the beamer might not have been an accident. "The ball wasn't new and the lacquer had worn off, making it less likely to slip out of his hand; it wasn't wet; he had directional problems but hardly of the 'yips' variety.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/305606.html

Where was he when shoaib akhtar bowled a beamer to Dhoni?

Given that he's English and lives in England where that series wasn't broadcast, and he wasn't commentating on the particular series involving the two, I very much doubt that he's seen it.

Now look at Michael Atherton what he is feeling about beamer.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/305606.html

Where was he when shoaib akhtar bowled a beamer to Dhoni?

Though I know what you're trying to imply I'll attempt to avoid falling into the trap, but in response to your post:

1. His thoughts towards the beamer are correct. It's a nasty delivery and has no place on the cricket pitch. He has analysed the situation and put across his view that it may not have been accidental. In doing this he's also given reasons why. He may not be correct but I don't think for one minute he is suggesting any other than the fact Sreesanth may have been feeling a little het up, which is something all of us are guilty of at times.

Also, I'm certain that we would have seen the same sort of article if it had been an English bowler.

2. Where was he with regards to the Shoaib\Dhoni incident, well as Matt has pointed out he probably was involved in the series and as such wouldn't have been asked for his opinion and as he's not exactly the media loving type (a'la Boycott) I doubt he would have commented unless asked.

For all I know he may well have commented upon it but without searching I really don't know. However, I am certain that he would have held the same opinion and would have called for the same actions to be taken as he is in the mentioned article. If you search though I don't doubt that you'll find other commentators remarking upon it and probably calling for the same type of punishment.

Remember that Atherton is paid to write a weekly column in that paper, all is has done is expressed his opinion based on the evidence available to him. His views are probably backed by 99% of the cricket playing world in the beamers have no place on the field, however he has the balls to wonder aloud if the bowling of one should be followed up by a ban - all he cares about is cricket and how it's played, nothing else.

Last edited:
England retained the same XII, so i don't think they'll be making changes to their playing eleven, though Anderson would be a bit of concern for them.

India may not make changes as well, Jaffer looked in good touch. Laxman will be under pressure and India may think about Yuvraj in the place of Laxman. I doubt if they will go for powar..they will have Sreesanth. He's the type of bowler who can get wickets.

I'm pretty sure he'll be under scrutiny all over the match, so lets hope he behaves better than he did @ TB.

Well seriously...you guys are extending the beamer topic like a chewing gum. The result is what matters and it says India won quite comfortably. Next Match i believe might go in england's favour or be a draw. I don't think India will win.

Users who are viewing this thread