India in England/Ireland/Scotland

In my Opinion, This series is already a disapointment. The best we can doo is draw with India at Home and even that is a poor showing against a team quite a way below us at 5th.

If you look at it that way, then yes this test series has been a disappointment for England. However, rankings don't always represent the quality of a team. India may be in 5th place, but they are the only team, other than England, to challenge Australia in recent years.

If England draw the series by winning at The Oval, it will be a fair result in my opinion.

If you look at it that way, then yes this test series has been a disappointment for England. However, rankings don't always represent the quality of a team. India may be in 5th place, but they are the only team, other than England, to challenge Australia in recent years.

If England draw the series by winning at The Oval, it will be a fair result in my opinion.

well some may argue if england win at the oval that they should have had the series 2-1 due to the lords test. :rolleyes:

well some may argue if england win at the oval that they should have had the series 2-1 due to the lords test. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, England thoroughly outplayed India at Lord's in the first test and deserved to win, but were denied because of poor weather, so I wouldn't blame people for thinking England should have won the series 2-1 if they win the test at The Oval.

I expect Sreesanth to do well next test. He's got a lot to prove to everyone and only a very good performance will change his image now.

The TV viewers need the stump mics in order to know whats happening.
Without them they can't here edges.
Players in my opinion should watch their behavior and don't try to cover it up with excuses.
Yup. Besides... stump mics are turned off between balls! Or they are supposed to be. Players can say whatever the hell they want, then. But I think it's really bad sportsmanship to be distracting a batsman while the bowler has already began their run up.

In my Opinion, This series is already a disapointment. The best we can doo is draw with India at Home and even that is a poor showing against a team quite a way below us at 5th.
That's funny, in my eyes, this series has been great. Let me break it to you simply: an English team without Flintoff, Harmison, Hoggard and Simon Jones may not be good enough for number 2 in the world.

Fair enough, England thoroughly outplayed India at Lord's in the first test and deserved to win, but were denied because of poor weather, so I wouldn't blame people for thinking England should have won the series 2-1 if they win the test at The Oval.
You know, I wouldn't think that. England got the better of the weather in the earlier part of the first test and India just got it when the match got close. As I have maintained throughout the series, we were only outplayed by Pietersen in the first test match--otherwise, the teams were pretty much even.

Of course, the final scoreline doesn't suggest that. But if Pietersen scored what he scores on average, India's score would have almost been enough to secure the win with 9 wickets down.

I think each team has had it's luck with the weather, luck with bad decisions, etc. The only reason England are really struggling is because they are lacking almost all of their frontline bowlers and most of their batsmen look out of touch.

Last edited:

By your logic India would have won the test series against the aussies by 2-1 in 2003/2004 because of rain we couldnt won the very close Brisbane test.
And in Sydney test(where Steve Waugh hanged his boots) we were very close.That makes it 3-1.How many teams have dominated series against the aussies like this?But in records it will be 1-1.So dont always say that rain denied us victory and blah blah Dhoni played a very good inning and hanged in there so credit also goes to him.And about the Ashes 2005 series that was 2005 its 2007.You cant have exactly those 11 players for every series.If your players are injured then its your problem dont make it as an excuse everytime against every team.;)

That's funny, in my eyes, this series has been great. Let me break it to you simply: an English team without Flintoff, Harmison, Hoggard and Simon Jones may not be good enough for number 2 in the world.
lol i think gary rates series against West Indies as much higher becoz they won it.And against India its still a disappointment for them even if they manage to draw it.

I am waiting for England tour of Sri Lanka then it will be clear who is at number 2 in test rankings.:p

Last edited:
lol i think gary rates series against West Indies as much higher becoz they won it.And against India its still a disappointment for them even if they manage to draw it.

I am waiting for England tour of Sri Lanka then it will be clear who is at number 2 in test rankings.:p

I certainly do not rate the Windies tour higher but this England team at home should be beating India not drawing

Last edited:
I certainly do not rate the Windies tour higher but this England team at home should be beating India not drawing

I agree, not because we are above them in the ratings, or because of the quality of the Indian team but because we want to be the best in the world.

Yup. Besides... stump mics are turned off between balls! Or they are supposed to be. Players can say whatever the hell they want, then. But I think it's really bad sportsmanship to be distracting a batsman while the bowler has already began their run up.

If the batsman is distracted during the bowlers run up he should back away and tell the umpire.

The fact that you can take out our best bowling line up (bar Monty) and we still can compete for number two is a good show of depth. Not to mention the glue that Fred brings to our side.

Even if we draw or lose at The Oval we can still take many positives, most notably from the bowlers. If our batsman get it right this next test then I think we can win. Of course if it's a typical Oval pitch it'll be a draw. The game is dependant upon the toss imo.

By your logic India would have won the test series against the aussies by 2-1 in 2003/2004 because of rain we couldnt won the very close Brisbane test.
And in Sydney test(where Steve Waugh hanged his boots) we were very close.That makes it 3-1.How many teams have dominated series against the aussies like this?But in records it will be 1-1.So dont always say that rain denied us victory and blah blah Dhoni played a very good inning and hanged in there so credit also goes to him.And about the Ashes 2005 series that was 2005 its 2007.You cant have exactly those 11 players for every series.If your players are injured then its your problem dont make it as an excuse everytime against every team.;)

Really, it's just Murali against England.

Of course we can't use not having some of or players as an excuse but it is the entire bowling line-up. ;)

I don't know why you're going back to 2003/04 and brining Australia into this. :rolleyes:

It's not just the fact that the weather intervened but that we should have got Sreesanth out that annoys an England fan about the first test.

Don't complain on bowling. These people are not newbies, they've been in the county circuit for a long time and are used to home conditions like nobody are.

Indian bowlers, besides Zaheer and kumble, are pretty much rookies. Zaheer has been highly inconsistent for 4 years now, and both the grounds did not suit kumble..though he did as well as he could (except for the final innings @ TB).

England can still win the game but they'll need to "raise their bar a little bit :p" (in Michael Vaughan's words).

Lets hope its an interesting contest again.

Don't complain on bowling. These people are not newbies, they've been in the county circuit for a long time and are used to home conditions like nobody are.

Indian bowlers, besides Zaheer and kumble, are pretty much rookies. Zaheer has been highly inconsistent for 4 years now, and both the grounds did not suit kumble..though he did as well as he could (except for the final innings @ TB).

England can still win the game but they'll need to "raise their bar a little bit :p" (in Michael Vaughan's words).

Lets hope its an interesting contest again.

First of all, unless I'm mistaken, Sohum brought up the fact that we are missing bowlers. Not me.

Secondly, just because they have been on the County circuit for a long time, doesn't mean they are international standard.

Anyway, they have done a very good job so I'm not complaining.

Err, hang about, England were 1 wicket from victory at Lords.

Rain at Brisbane in 2003 forced Australia to declare on 3/284, hurriedly compiled in 62 overs. That is the only reason why India were set less than 200 for victory. By contrast at Lords, in spite of continuing rain, all but the last innings were played to the fall of the tenth wicket.

So the quality of a tournament depends on who wins rather than the quality of the matches now....

Wow, man... Rather than enjoy the cricket, and there has been a lot to enjoy about on both sides, you guys are complaining that the series sucks because one of the teams is one down. Weather is a part of the sport, when will people stop bitching about it? India are winning, and tbh, there isn't much to choose from between the sides. However, if KP doesn't end up playing because he's sick, my money's on India.

Users who are viewing this thread