India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Wow.
Why can't some people just say that India have played well in this series and especially in TB! You were out played there for sure anyways.
And looking back at lords, yes we were! The English seamers did a wonderful job! You did deserve a win but can't you give some credit to Dhoni who actually played that kind of innings to save us from defeat? It takes just as much effort to save a match in that kind of situation as winning one.
Sure, england got unlucky at the end, but can't you give credit to India for holding on, with the help of a little luck?
Cmon you guys..Give some credit when it is due!

@baburo or w/e, don't pull out facts from 4 years ago. You're kind of 'going over the edge' mate...:p

Last edited:
This generally is happening to england this season.:eek: because take a look back at the one and half month history.West indies Vs England, First Test.Remember?

England's The Four Batsmen Centuries In the first innings,the first team to beat since 1956,(of course,india broke the record very soon),the west indies had no hope of winning the game nor drawing it.it was just Do or die situation....Something worser,but,fortunately,the Rain had given W.I a Draw in that match.

Similar situation Happend with the India,the First test At lords,India tried to fight back,They tried where as,W.I were often considered merciless.

Dhoni had a Good Time with the bat to save india to a draw.It was mostly his
effort to say india had drawn the test rather than rain at the last day.

Just saw the beamer video on ootooobe and Sreesanth straightaway apologised plus it didn't look like something done on purpose. Also saw the jelly bean incident for which noone apologised. So that was bad on England's part and anyone supporting that here is a lamer including Mike Artherton, end of story.

I hope Sreesanth goes for 0/500 in the test match. If there is anyone I have taken an instant dislike to more than him, I am yet to meet him.

I hope Sreesanth goes for 0/500 in the test match. If there is anyone I have taken an instant dislike to more than him, I am yet to meet him.
Don't you feel slightly sorry for him? He writes letters to God before matches, thinks that wearing ten thousand wrist bands will make a difference and barged into Vaughan for no reason at all.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He's a little gob*insert 4 letter expletive*. Deserves all the slack he gets for being an arse.

Don't you feel slightly sorry for him? He writes letters to God before matches, thinks that wearing ten thousand wrist bands will make a difference and barged into Vaughan for no reason at all.

The Royal Mail strikes are his biggest problem then? ;)

Don't complain on bowling. These people are not newbies, they've been in the county circuit for a long time and are used to home conditions like nobody are.

Correct, they aren't newbies but they aren't our best attack, if everyone is fit probably only Monty would be in a best England side, something we haven't put out since Ashes 05.

Chances are we'll never get that attack back again so we shouldn't really moan about it, especially considering that was 2 years ago and Jones hasn't played for England and Harmison has been very poor but it's a fair point that our 'ideal' attack isn't on view.

Last edited:
See, the point is - they should be fit. It's not an excuse. There's no point talking about Simon Jones when he hasn't played for England in years. Harmison is cack from what I've seen lately. Again, you're going back to yesteryears to find him in good form. Flintoff and Hoggard are good - I'll give you that. However, it's a bowlers job to keep fit. I don't rate a bowler who constantly keeps getting injured but bowls brilliantly when he isn't.

England play cricket most months, we very rarely have the 3-4 month break Australia seem to enjoy on a fairly regular basis. Jones problem extends from that awful injury in Australia, hardly his fault is it?

Harmison? I saw enough improvement in the last test vs WI to show me encouraging signs of him coming back to form. AD has been a god send so far in the bowling department.

I certainly do not rate the Windies tour higher but this England team at home should be beating India not drawing
How on earth is an England team with none of their preferred bowlers expected to beat Indian without a shadow of doubt? That's just irresponsible thinking. A full strength England unit would have probably done it, but just because you want to be the best in the world doesn't mean that your second-string of bowlers has what it takes to beat international competition. I would daresay Australia's second-string bowlers would struggle to beat a few international teams.

It's not just the fact that the weather intervened but that we should have got Sreesanth out that annoys an England fan about the first test.
Well what annoys the Indian fan is that we should have gotten KP out because then the match would have been even-stevens. And if you want to talk about iffy decision, it bugs me that Dravid was given out LBW when he was hit outside the line of off-stump.

First of all, unless I'm mistaken, Sohum brought up the fact that we are missing bowlers. Not me.
I did and my point was not to make excuses for England. My point was that England without their frontline bowlers may not be good enough for number 2 in the world. I haven't made any comments as to what I believe India's position is in world test cricket.

Last edited:
So the quality of a tournament depends on who wins rather than the quality of the matches now....

Wow, man... Rather than enjoy the cricket, and there has been a lot to enjoy about on both sides, you guys are complaining that the series sucks because one of the teams is one down. Weather is a part of the sport, when will people stop bitching about it? India are winning, and tbh, there isn't much to choose from between the sides. However, if KP doesn't end up playing because he's sick, my money's on India.

It's not as simple as 1-0 to India, they have outplayed us in the series. England are losing a Test Series in England which is our only real chance of victory against India. India outplayed England in the second Test but things may have been different had a) Weather not intervened at Lords b) Sreesanth had been given out at Lords.

Just because 'weather is a part of sport', England fans can't feel aggrieved about the 1st Test?

Well what annoys the Indian fan is that we should have gotten KP out because then the match would have been even-stevens. And if you want to talk about iffy decision, it bugs me that Dravid was given out LBW when he was hit outside the line of off-stump.

Cook got 2 dodgy decisions too.

I don't really mind wrong decisions has both sides suffered them but a plum LBW with time rapidly running out not given is bound to leave me slightly annoyed.

I wonder what he does with the letters when he writes them?

England play cricket most months, we very rarely have the 3-4 month break Australia seem to enjoy on a fairly regular basis. Jones problem extends from that awful injury in Australia, hardly his fault is it?

Harmison? I saw enough improvement in the last test vs WI to show me encouraging signs of him coming back to form. AD has been a god send so far in the bowling department.

Who's AD?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread