India in England/Ireland/Scotland

If you dont believe then prove me wrong.It started from Saurav Ganguly's captaincy.Go and search now.:rolleyes:

I'm not saying I don't believe you.

I would just like you to post a few examples to prove your point. ;)

I think you didn't read the example of Sohum ;) In that series, Aussies won 2-1 which would have turned other way if India had won that test ... I very well remember that because it happened in my area where Chepauk stadium is present.

Weather's impact on cricket does not affect England alone. Even the biggest series, WCup has many many scenarios. Sri Lanka is the best example. If we think of Lankans, the weather situation that affected England is minor. It not only happens recently, but also have happened in the past too. Brian Mcmillan's frustration in one of the Wcups explains that.

Currently, I can understand that you are filled with frustrations. I have experienced similar thing during the DLF Cup finals when Dhoni was given out of a big no ball which was the climax of the match according to me! Even the bad umpiring decisions have costed so many matches for many teams and not only for England. So hope you get over this frustration soon ;)

I think you didn't read the example of Sohum ;) In that series, Aussies won 2-1 which would have turned other way if India had won that test ... I very well remember that because it happened in my area where Chepauk stadium is present.

Weather's impact on cricket does not affect England alone. Even the biggest series, WCup has many many scenarios. Sri Lanka is the best example. If we think of Lankans, the weather situation that affected England is minor. It not only happens recently, but also in the past too. Brian Mcmillan's frustration in one of the Wcups explains that.

Currently, I can understand that you are filled with frustrations. I have experienced similar thing during the DLF Cup finals when Dhoni was given out of a big no ball which was the climax of the match according to me! Even the bad umpiring decisions have costed so many matches for many teams and not only for England. So hope you get over this frustration soon ;)

I'm not saying this always happened to England.

In fact, this is the only example I have used. It has nothing to do with me believing England always get the raw end of the stick because I don't. I've given the reasons for my frustration in an earlier post.

I'm not saying I don't believe you.

I would just like you to post a few examples to prove your point. ;)

I dont remember all the tests but 2002 in West Indies,2003-2004 in Australia,very close series against the New Zealanders before the 2003 World cup,then Aus vs India in chennai.

I dont remember all the tests but 2002 in West Indies,2003-2004 in Australia,very close series against the New Zealanders before the 2003 World cup,then Aus vs India in chennai.

Not very detailed examples but fair enough :)

my id's the answer... :p

But I don't think Sreesanth should be playing at Oval. all three of his actions (beamer, barge and long-jump no-ball) at Trent Bridge amounted to lunacy or idioticness.

Though I would love a Indian steam rolling performance over England, such behavior as Sreesanth's, better suits those wrestling shows like TNA and WWE. and as it is Oval, I think, is more suited to playing two spinners than any other venue in the UK. So time for Sreesanth to write a leave application to God. :)

Edit: I think I was reading the last page and thought that Will's post was the last one. But since many threads of discussion are on, it still is valid.

Last edited:
does he really write letters to god, or is manee just having a laugh? :p

my id's the answer... :p

But I don't think Sreesanth should be playing at Oval. all three of his actions (beamer, barge and long-jump no-ball) at Trent Bridge amounted to lunacy or idioticness.

Though I would love a Indian steam rolling performance over England, such behavior as Sreesanth's, better suits those wrestling shows like TNA and WWE. and as it is Oval, I think, is more suited to playing two spinners than any other venue in the UK. So time for Sreesanth to write a leave application to God. :)

Edit: I think I was reading the last page and thought that Will's post was the last one. But since many threads of discussion are on, it still is valid.

Yes i agree, i think ramesh powar shoul be handed his first proper test (his last two were against bangladesh). Yes, im obviously saying this because the oval is suited to spinners, and sreesanth deserves to be learnt a lesson of code of conduct. Powar can also contribute down the order so it will be a solid batting line for India if Powar plays because batting will go down towards no.9 with kumble and powar. On the other hand India might struggle with only two seamers, because if one is 'off-song' then its quite a big problem. :what

To be in the captains' shoes, I would be in two minds as to what to do at the toss tomorrow. Probably favour batting. You will either make a huge total or be out for peanuts, so it's probably a good one to lose! Ooh! Where's the paracetamol? :p

India should, in my opinion, bat first, with the most proven middle order as well as in form openers, they should look to pile on 500 or so and in the process, kill the game. Negative? Yes, but India cannot afford to squander this series against the number 2s in the world.

You raise a good point - India's middle order. In that case, if England win the toss they have no option but to bat first and get runs on the board.

You have to bat first if you win the toss at the Oval, if you bowl first your commiting Test match suicide.

It really is a no-brainer Lee. We shouldn't even contemplate bowling first at the Oval unless Trent Bridge day 1 happens again. Even then i'd still bat.

You have to bat first if you win the toss at the Oval, if you bowl first your commiting Test match suicide.

Precisely. I don't know what was going through Lee's mind when he posted that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread