India in England/Ireland/Scotland

i can see india batting really slowly and getting out for 400 on the end of day 2, basically they will kill the game as soon as they can

If you're implying that they're gonna try to tie the match, I really doubt it. That's not how this Indian team plays. There have been various occassions in the recent past when India's looked to attack rather than tie. I think even Ravi Shastri warned the Indians to not go out to the game for a tie after winning the last game. It's just not a good mindset. You want to go out and try to win every single game.

If you're implying that they're gonna try to tie the match, I really doubt it. That's not how this Indian team plays. There have been various occassions in the recent past when India's looked to attack rather than tie. I think even Ravi Shastri warned the Indians to not go out to the game for a tie after winning the last game. It's just not a good mindset. You want to go out and try to win every single game.
I agree with that, looking to draw the game isnt really the right frame of mind to be in. Although it would be a pretty interesting match if its a tie.

I would expect them to do everything they can to preserve their lead even if it means killing the game. India aren't renowned as great travelers and to get a victory in England, as many of their players have stated, would be a great feat for them so there is no need to risk losing their lead.

I would prefer to watch the match rather than make wild predictions.

Should be an exciting match if India decide to. If they decide to play conservative and if England get some luck, England could steamroll India at the Oval. India need to be up against it and work even harder than Trent Bridge. This time again, no excuse of conditions, etc.

This being a pressure match, again my vote is on Rahul Dravid. The person I would vote for the least in a pressure situation is Sachin Tendulkar. But again, if Sachin can set it up in the first innings (get a good hundred), then he would have done his job. Its the first innings thats going to count (also said by Dravid).

I wouldnt want a 1-1 after being 1-0. But I wouldnt blame the team too much after they barely escaped at Lord's. If its 1-1, it could have been 2-1 against us. I didnt have high hopes on this team for this series. So far, they have fought well (even at Lords, they fought well).

Where's the moaning? Stop stirring because you won't get an argument out of me.

I certainly will hold you to this. I expect no more moping about the weather, and how there is no justice in the world when it doesn't favour England; I will do the same for the jellybeans.

In other news, Vengsarkar said that Sree may get a look in in this Oval Test.

Last edited:
toss will be critical and so will be the first innings.

If England bat first and get a big score, they'll have their tails up. Same with India. So the focus will be on the batsmen. It will also depend on the track as well.

Put aside the events @ TB, we should be in for a fascinating contest. Bring Lords and TB into Oval and things will only turn sour.

I'm sure the players will avoid that and so should we.

Oh dear - India won the toss and have chosen to bat first. England are already on the back foot.

India won the toss and this is already an important thing of the match.

i wouldnt say england are on the back foot already because im an indian fan and im fearing tremlett will knock us all over with his bounce by tea....:boxing

Also I am reading Giles will retire? I wonder who will miss him. And both teams are playing with the same teams as in previous Test. I was thinking maybe Sreesanth could be replaced.

I thought Sreesanth would be replaced but you never know, if he goes out and takes a 5-fer tomorrow nobody will be compaining except the England batsman.

Shame India have won the toss, it's a huge matter winning the toss at the Oval, the only pitch in England where you would say around 400-500 would be par. It'll be a big day today that's for sure. Here's hoping England pull it out of the bag. I feel a draw in the series would be a fair result so long as we (England) play well today.

I would have opened the bowling with Sidebottom and Tremlett - Anderson isn't bowling too well so far and we could do with Tremlett's bounce.

Jaffer is feeling good out there. He already hit a six against Anderson. And Anderson got replaced after three overs.

Tremlett and Sidebottom are bowling beautifully though, should be very interesting to see how this goes

Users who are viewing this thread