India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Never seen Jaffer like this before. Here comes a 50 before I can finish my coffee.

Sigh, this going to be a long day. I hope to God we can do what we did to Safrica on this very ground 4 years ago.

Tremlett has really impressed me, he is probably doing a "Hoggard," type game, playing a "Harmison," type bowl. Hoggard is the one who keeps it tight, doesnt go for many runs and ties up one end whilst the other might leak a few runs.

I think Panesar will prove the differnce today, the pitch is doing nothing for the bowlers. So i think if Monty can get a bit of a tweaking spin, he might be able to do something with flight and all his other weapons.

As soon as i praise Tremlett he goes for an expensive over. Typical.

Last edited:
This will be another fifty opening partnership. These guys should open for upcoming year. And I feel India can reach 350 runs today if they try their best.

That batting scorecard scares me, i mean, on this pitch, with Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni and Kumble who can all bat some what, Kumble will probably get some runs, i mean, 500+ is to be expected i believe.

Wow, India going along at a good pace. Tremlett straying down legside as he is whipped away for four.

Now Karthik is coming in the mood with a couple fours. And they've passed the 50 runs by now. They will certainly reach 100 runs by lunch.

Jaffer goes to an England plan. Wide and short with a third man in, can't say I approve, but it is effective.

Wicket! Jimmy strikes and takes Jaffer. Great plans from England, forcing the cut shot which is directed straight at Pietersen at Wide Third Man

Gone....Sloppy shot, not what you want to see there, Great bowling and captaining. Pietersen placed there for that shot.

And the first wicket. Short, wide and there for the taking from Anderson. And Jaffer goes for the uppercut. But, it doesn't go in the right direction and is caught at 3rd man by Kevin Pieterson.

He goes for 35. India 1/62.

Cmon, Rahul. Get me some points for fantasy cricket!

Last edited:
"The Wall," will need to be blown down - Cheesey? I think so.

Either way, i dont know who im more scared of, Dravid or Tendulkar, either way, we need wickets so we will need to go through both.

Valid point by Boycott, England are missing Flintoff means that they are a man down which means on pitches like this, its a bigger lose as it takes to big, quick men, and they miss THE biggest and fastest man in the squad.

"The Wall," will need to be blown down - Cheesey? I think so.

Either way, i dont know who im more scared of, Dravid or Tendulkar, either way, we need wickets so we will need to go through both.

Valid point by Boycott, England are missing Flintoff means that they are a man down which means on pitches like this, its a bigger lose as it takes to big, quick men, and they miss THE biggest and fastest man in the squad.

Well isn't Tendulkar in a terrible run of form at the moment? I haven't been following these matches, but isn't he not playing so well?

Looking on the plus side, we have arguebaly the best captain in the world, Michael Vaughan isnt afriad to place funny field positions and more often than not, it works.

Ricky Ponting could also be argued as the best captain :p But hes Australian so is in-valid.

Users who are viewing this thread