India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Good point, Ponting has the players round him so just needs to pull a few strings and place a few people and it'll usually pay off, whereas Vaughan hasn't got the calibre of players, and has to use his noggin!
I dunno, the player he positioned for the catch was Pietersen, who has some reputation for spilling catches. Could have been a bit of a mistake.

This is an incredibly fast start from India. Karthik just reaching his fifty. Nice Innings so far.

50 up for Karthik. Nice innings.

This is an incredibly fast start from India. Karthik just reaching his fifty. Nice Innings so far.

They're only going at 4.2 an over.

And that's lunch.

India 1/117 (28)

Karthik 50*
Dravid 25*

Anderson 1/46 (8)
Panesar 1/10 (5)

Last edited:
Just the session for the Indians to build a platform to make a big score.

England will need to get in that middle order quickly or this game/series is going away from them.

England were lucky to get 1 wicket there. I think Jaffer didn't notice the fielder down there. Anyway, Vaughan made a good fielding change, but it was still a lucky wicket, because that ball deserved to be hit for a six like the earlier one which Jaffer hit...

In any case, Karthik is the man of the moment. He's not looked as elegant as Jaffer, but he's been looking more solid than in the previous match.

Who's betting on a draw?

So that's his 6th 50+ innings in as many matches. He has become quite the dynamo, but this needs to be a century.

I dunno, the player he positioned for the catch was Pietersen, who has some reputation for spilling catches. Could have been a bit of a mistake.

He had a shocker of a series in 2005, but on all accounts he is a very good fielder with some very good hands.

Yeah, could be better, id say, best thing, take a few more wickets between Lunch and Tea, couple more after and its all good. Worst scenario they build 300+ with less than 7 wickets down.

england have to get 'the wall' out as quickly as possible after lunch, because i feel he is the player who will take the match away from england by tea, like zaheer did at trent bridge....;)

He had a shocker of a series in 2005, but on all accounts he is a very good fielder with some very good hands.

Yeah, could be better, id say, best thing, take a few more wickets between Lunch and Tea, couple more after and its all good. Worst scenario they build 300+ with less than 7 wickets down.

I think he dropped something like 6 catches before he held a catch in test cricket.

england have to get 'the wall' out as quickly as possible after lunch, because i feel he is the player who will take the match away from england by tea, like zaheer did at trent bridge....;)

Not really, seeing as he isn't that quick a scorer. We do desperately need to get him out though.

Not really, seeing as he isn't that quick a scorer. We do desperately need to get him out though.

you dont have to score like afridi to take get on top of the opposition, dravid has the ability to stay in for hours after hes settled, which he pretty much is now. he won give his wicket away cheaply and he will get a big score....

you dont have to score like afridi to take get on top of the opposition, dravid has the ability to stay in for hours after hes settled, which he pretty much is now. he won give his wicket away cheaply and he will get a big score....

I know he can stay in for hours on end but it is only 2 hours until tea. Not enough time for him to take the game away from us.

He can be a quick scorer. Usually, he plays second fiddle, but he can be the dominant partner, too. In more recent matches, his strike rate has been better than Tendulkar or Ganguly, who've both played pretty slow in recent times (barring one or two games). Dravid is atleast as big of a threat as Tendulkar in the Indian line-up. He just hasn't scored much this series. But yeah, he wont take it away by tea.

He can be a quick scorer. Usually, he plays second fiddle, but he can be the dominant partner, too. In more recent matches, his strike rate has been better than Tendulkar or Ganguly, who've both played pretty slow in recent times (barring one or two games). Dravid is atleast as big of a threat as Tendulkar in the Indian line-up. He just hasn't scored much this series. But yeah, he wont take it away by tea.

but what if karthik and dravid are still there at tea?...:p

I think he dropped something like 6 catches before he held a catch in test cricket.

Yeah, but he also held everything in the ODI series prior to it. Just had a bad time of it in the Tests.

[statetheobvious]We need a wicket desperately[/statetheobvious]

Users who are viewing this thread