India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Anyone else find this test a bit more boring than the other two? I hate flat pitches. It's just watching the batsmen pile on runs, there isn't a contest between bat and ball. I think the best pitches for cricket are the ones that bring an equal opportunity to batsmen and bowlers. Balance is the key to good cricket.

Anderson bowled suddenly. Dravid already had an edge to second slip in previous over.

Dravid out.. James Anderson has looked the worst of the bowlers but has managed to pick up the only two wickets.. lil Tendya runs onto the pitch

I am not feeling runs for Tendulkar here, I hope he proves me wrong though.

Tendulkar was hit on the back and for some reason Anderson was claiming a catch. Bucknor rightfully didn't give him out for that.

I never feel runs for Tendulkar when he initially walks out. I've been let down too many times in the recent past. But.. he has been in decent form recently.

At the moment, he seems to be playing more dodgeball than cricket...

Yes, Kartik has done excellently. One of the big keys to success to in Test Match cricket is getting a good start, classy player. Only things I've picked up on so far have been: Sometimes he looks a little uncomfortable against a good short ball and sometimes his drives look horrible, most notably when Sidebottom bowls a full length. When he tries to drive through mid off and it can look awkward.

Yes, this may be because he has tried to open up his stance a bit more. Even then, he still seems to have a tendency to lean over too much to the of side when the ball is coming back into him. A sign of a good player though, is how he picked up the technical error, and is making an effort to correct it.

Karthik is again gone in the nineties. Nevertheless he made a good contribution to the score.

You are always against him these days.... aren't you?

Well, just saw the progress of India.. When i was in the workplace, i heard the news that India was about to bat first and had a feeling that bouncy conditions will help England bowlers. But i am suprised with the situation at the moment to be honest.. Karthik ... what a player he is turning out to be.. Terrific :hpraise Brilliant young chap with terrific tempo in both forms of the game. He is the right man to replace Dravid in future.

@ manee, remember one thing, it will take ages or none for us to get replacement for legendry Tendulkar! :cool:

Dravid had no business to get out on this wicket. It was a good delivery, but he is technically superior to face such deliveries. Had Dravid stayed, it would have been fantastic at the end of the day.

Oh my god!! Oh my god! Oh my god!!! Karthik OUT in the 90's...

Karthik is again gone in the nineties. Nevertheless he made a good contribution to the score.

Never mind.. Brilliant innings coming to an end.. Hats off to Karthik :hpraise Now is the testing time for India to build another partnership.. It may go either side.. i.e a good partnership or a collapse. Hope latter doesn't happen ;)

Users who are viewing this thread