India in England/Ireland/Scotland

There was a slight something, thats why i said tickle.
That was not a sharp change in sound and I daresay it registers something like that even if the batsman is not playing a shot. Notice that I'm not bagging the decision because I think Karthik's reaction is enough to suggest that Snicko may have got it wrong.

Snicko shows he tickled it.

There was nothing in the snicko, and even in full motion, almost no sound..

Karthik was hard done by in the end. Its Tea now and both Tendiya and Gangz have survived. Hope they can come out after Tea positive and look to get good runs. I wouldnt settle for anything less than 450 here in the first innings. England have Vaughan who is a Dravid type player and he is in superb form too, along with Pietersen.

Anything less than 450, England would be in lead.

Actually, if you saw him walk back, he threw his bat...that could mean anything. I don't think he's the type of batsman that would walk back cursing out the umpire.
Hmm, I didn't. Maybe he was able to contain his anger whilst at the pitch, something that his seniors in the team have not been able to do!

Playkid, in the 90's a shot like that deserves you to miss out on your century, its a rush of blood to the head.

Tremlett/Panesar should open up in 20 minutes time, with Sidebottom back in later, and then bring in the new ball before close hopefully.

That was not a sharp change in sound and I daresay it registers something like that even if the batsman is not playing a shot. Notice that I'm not bagging the decision because I think Karthik's reaction is enough to suggest that Snicko may have got it wrong.

Exactly, the technology isnt foolproof. Either way, nick or no nick, hes out :p Thankfully!

Last edited:
England have Vaughan who is a Dravid type player and he is in superb form too, along with Pietersen.
And after that? Vaughan and Pietersen are the only players in any sort of real form for England. Strauss looks like he could get into good nick and Cook and Collingwood looky iffy. Bell looks atrocious and Prior doesn't look up to it, yet.

Of course, all these players would be waiting impatiently to prove that their averages and aggregates are not bloated by facing poor opposition.

Hmm, I didn't. Maybe he was able to contain his anger whilst at the pitch, something that his seniors in the team have not been able to do!

There have been times both teams have acted like big kids, its been a series which has shown both teams up in some way.

Talking about batsmen out of form, if you cant get inform on a pitch like this, then you deserve to be shot.

I think there's enough evidence of reverse swing which will already interest the Indian bowlers.

It's a flat pitch for the first 40-45 overs or so, but then when the balls gets old, there is reverse swing because of the abrasive nature of the pitch which causes the ball to get rougher on one side.

I think the Indian bowlers, particularly Zaheer Khan will exploit this factor much more than the English seamers.

I think anything above 400 will be challenging for the English batsmen, but preferably it should be closer to 500 than 400. And Sachin is looking very very flat-footed...

My 1st Inns estimate for India is 370.

Last edited:
Somehow i think Tea came about 20 minutes too early for England, and 20 minutes too late for India.

Yeah there will be reverse swing and its swing which has undone both teams, Sidebottom has cause lots of trouble, but then again Zaheer Khan at times has caused double.

I really wonder how long England will be able to bowl halfway down the pitch against Tendulkar. If he can last it out, there will be a few very tired bowlers tossing up half-volleys, there.

At least they arn't sending down too many headhigh bouncers at Tendulkar, someone has had a word to let go of that idea. To get Tendulkar out, you need it outside offstump and swinging it seems, he isn't picking inswing one bit at the moment.

At least they arn't sending down too many headhigh bouncers at Tendulkar, someone has had a word to let go of that idea. To get Tendulkar out, you need it outside offstump and swinging it seems, he isn't picking inswing one bit at the moment.
I'm hoping this is because he was trying to guard his wicket up to tea. These are the exact situations in which Tendulkar plays his ugliest innings--lost a couple of quick wickets and he just buckles down and sticks in for the long haul. Considering India's position in this series, I won't mind if he succeeds. :D

well Ganguly and Tendulkar look well set for biggies at the moment but the only thing that can hamper this i feel is bad umpiring or some excellent bowling! I think Karthik was definitely hard done by his dismissal but then again, we can hear faint sounds from TV telecast!

And after that? Vaughan and Pietersen are the only players in any sort of real form for England. Strauss looks like he could get into good nick and Cook and Collingwood looky iffy. Bell looks atrocious and Prior doesn't look up to it, yet.

Of course, all these players would be waiting impatiently to prove that their averages and aggregates are not bloated by facing poor opposition.

Cook and Collingwood are iffy? I reckon Cook is in touch but has not had the luck recently and Colly has been in some tricky positions recently, but can turn it on in a second and grind, as shown in the Ashes down under with his double hundered. Bell has shown he can do well too. Prior needs a bit of time, but he shouldnt be totally written off

Like i said, Tendulkar i can only see getting out to some good swinging balls OR Monty ;)

I dont think Gangers will get a big score, he isn't the same player as he was before he left the India team, hes an uglier batsmen, flashing a lot of balls for the edge and is only lucky to be there due to some bad fielding or edging into gaps. Ganguly is aging as is a lot of the India team, i think they're going to end up like Australia if they continue to use the same batting base, i mean, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly wont be around for too many more years, Dravid possibly longer than everybody. But saying that they have a relitively young bowling attack so it evens up.

Users who are viewing this thread