India in England/Ireland/Scotland

well Ganguly and Tendulkar look well set for biggies at the moment but the only thing that can hamper this i feel is bad umpiring or some excellent bowling! I think Karthik was definitely hard done by his dismissal but then again, we can hear faint sounds from TV telecast!

well people wathcing on Sky Sports, i'm a bit suspicious because they havent showed us hotspot yet....:mad:

Like i said, Tendulkar i can only see getting out to some good swinging balls OR Monty ;)

I dont think Gangers will get a big score, he isn't the same player as he was before he left the India team, hes an uglier batsmen, flashing a lot of balls for the edge and is only lucky to be there due to some bad fielding or edging into gaps. Ganguly is aging as is a lot of the India team, i think they're going to end up like Australia if they continue to use the same batting base, i mean, Dravid, Tendulkar and Ganguly wont be around for too many more years, Dravid possibly longer than everybody. But saying that they have a relitively young bowling attack so it evens up.

Holy crap! Ganguly might not be the same batsman that he was before he left the Indian team, but right now he has become more solid. Before, he used to a lot more flashy and played with more flair. Now, he has adopted the solid tight approach. These days, you dont see him getting too ugly against short balls. It was all in the mind (when he was like a sitting duck against short balls). technically, he is very adept. And after his comeback, he has been scoring runs everywhere. He is in much much better form than Dravid and may be even better than Tendulkar on form right now.

Holy crap! Ganguly might not be the same batsman that he was before he left the Indian team, but right now he has become more solid. Before, he used to a lot more flashy and played with more flair. Now, he has adopted the solid tight approach. These days, you dont see him getting too ugly against short balls. It was all in the mind (when he was like a sitting duck against short balls). technically, he is very adept. And after his comeback, he has been scoring runs everywhere. He is in much much better form than Dravid and may be even better than Tendulkar on form right now.
You are right but I don't think the short ball problem was in his mind, he is simply getting inside the line of the ball now. Very simple and effective.

Tendulkar on the other hand, lets the ball hit him and shows no pain.

well Ganguly and Tendulkar look well set for biggies at the moment but the only thing that can hamper this i feel is bad umpiring or some excellent bowling! I think Karthik was definitely hard done by his dismissal but then again, we can hear faint sounds from TV telecast!

wonder where do you get that confidence from? till now, both these batsmen havent played that well to let me know that they are almost like invincible on this wicket.

You are right but I don't think the short ball problem was in his mind, he is simply getting inside the line of the ball now. Very simple and effective.

Tendulkar on the other hand, lets the ball hit him and shows no pain.

Sorry, I should have said more in the mind.

Last edited:
personally i dont think ganguly is better than dravid or tendulkar at this moment, ganguly is probably the worst top order batsmen when it comes to handling the short delivery, plus i think dravid and tendulkar can play swing better, so i dont really know where people are getting the impression that ganguly is playing better or is better than tendulkar and dravid....

Im not talking about form, im talking about his technical ability, Ganguly seems to have lost his, i dont know what word to put there, but hes lost that spark. I mean, by no means am i saying he should be dropped, i was all for his recall and he has justified it. Saying that he isnt the same batsmen as he was.

Tendulkar at the moment isn't bothered, hes getting scrapped about with short balls, hitting his ribs etc and hes not giving anything away, wheres Monty?

Im not talking about form, im talking about his technical ability, Ganguly seems to have lost his, i dont know what word to put there, but hes lost that spark. I mean, by no means am i saying he should be dropped, i was all for his recall and he has justified it. Saying that he isnt the same batsmen as he was.

Tendulkar at the moment isn't bothered, hes getting scrapped about with short balls, hitting his ribs etc and hes not giving anything away, wheres Monty?

well he does have a chest guard on, i think monty isnt on because england want to try and 'bounce' tendulkar and ganguly out, tendulkar and ganguly wont find monty spin that threatening compared to the bounce and pace...:boxing

Technically, he's actually a better batsman. That 70 whatever he made in the last test was really impressive. By spark, if you mean his strike rate, then you're right. Aside from that, he's a better batsman. He has changed his approach to batting to being more conservative and putting a higher price on his wicket. His offside is still very strong. Obviously, not as strong as he was before, but I'd still place him as the best Indian offside player, which he always was.

Monty isn't on because he wasn't finding much spin.

Tendulkar has shown he is more than capable of getting sucked into poking the ball to a fielder off a spinner. Ganguly, will only get out by a rash shot now i think, i dont think he'll give his wicket away now he's set.

I dont believe Playkid that Ganguly is anywhere near what he used to be, he has shown he can be dragged into shots which he doesnt want to play, in an aggresive manner. I'd go as far to say that he is the weakest batsmen in the squad on technical ability.

Last edited:
well theres the best part of twenty overs left till the new ball, so i think tendulkar and ganguly should try and push for some runs because i definetley think ganguly will struggle against the bounce and the hardness of the new ball...

I am not one to attack a team for tactics, but do you (all) not think that the tactic of attacking Tendulkar's body with two men out on the leg side and two men in silly positions is not just as negative to the heavily criticised leg stump tactic employed by the recently retired Ashley Giles, to Tendulkar, under the instruction of Vaughan, (or so the tabloids said;)).

Tendulkar has shown he is more than capable of getting sucked into poking the ball to a fielder off a spinner.

Tendulkar has shown in the recent past that he can get out to any ball. There was one time where he just missed the line of the ball, which was on middle stump going straight, and got bowled. He has edged stuff outside off by poking at it, and mistimed pull shots that turned into easy catches, and he's been undone by yorkers...not to mention his problems against leg spin. He's also played cut shots that spoon the ball right to a fielder and has trouble with the short stuff.

However, he remains a good batsman because he can always score.

Bam! Nice lofted drive for Tendulkar in an act that will please both teams and the crowd.

Bam! Nice lofted drive for Tendulkar in an act that will please both teams and the crowd.

yes but as the commentator just said, if that spins hes in trouble, and if the odd ball 'grips' and tendulkars charging down, hes in trouble. nevertheless good shot :)

tendulkar dropped by prior off sidey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread