India in England/Ireland/Scotland

You would've been right if it weren't for Prior dropping that easy one

Those " if "s always make look everthing possible. :p

Well, India crossing their 300 mark.. And not bad for Laxman.. He seems to settling well especially with two fours that made him to cross 5000 runs. :clap If this pair puts another good partnership, India will get into commanding position. Have to see what happens.

Tendulkar on his way to fifty.... Get it Sachin!!! :cool:

Prior is the best keeper world has seen really?What makes you think like that?:rolleyes:

I could've sworn I made it obvious that I was being sarcastic. I guess not...

Looks like lil Tendya has to wait till tomorrow for his fifty.

I stayed awake for that fifty.. Well, as usual, i would be missing more than half of the day's play tomorrow. Anyways, hopefully this pair succeeds the first one hour which is very very crucial.

Its enough if we play to draw this match. ;) Lets see how far till this Indian innings survive and what our dear bowlers do by the end of tomorrow. As i have said many times, I have no faith in our present Indian bowlers from the current line-up except Jumbo :)

Being objective, don't you think that umpire Howell is really poor? The decisions he's made in the last couple of matches have been horrible!

Being objective, don't you think that umpire Howell is really poor? The decisions he's made in the last couple of matches have been horrible!

i couldnt agree more, he really is rubbish umpire, hes made at least 10 mistakes this series including giving legbyes instead of runs. also he was wearing sunglasses when he made some of the vital desicions, and giving an LBW through sunglasses isnt easy, i really hate him!!! :mad

personally i dont think ganguly is better than dravid or tendulkar at this moment, ganguly is probably the worst top order batsmen when it comes to handling the short delivery, plus i think dravid and tendulkar can play swing better, so i dont really know where people are getting the impression that ganguly is playing better or is better than tendulkar and dravid....

On form, he is the better batsman right now. He has been scoring more runs than possibly both of them. Ever since he has come back, tell me some instances where he has really struggled against the short deliveries. He has managed to play them out bravely, also occasionally attacking them by hooking them for sixes.

It was overall India's day though I would have liked at least two less wickets to have fallen. I am really livid with Dravid. He should have gone on to make a big one here. Whats up with this umpiring? Looks like its more than evening out. Ganguly should have been there in the middle, and India would have looked more better in shape at the end of the day

Sachin should play more positive tomorrow and hope Laxman gives good company. I still feel a 450+ score is a minimum on this pitch. Our Indian bowlers can struggle on this pitch and so we need to make sure we get a big enough first innings total. Its the big day for Sachin tomorrow. Possibly his last test here in England. Not the "pressure" second innings, just the first innings. He has to get a big hundred tomorrow.

Last edited:
if england take a wicket before VVS Laxman and Sachin Tendulkar make at least a 100 partnership, theyre right into the game, because i cant see dhoni involved in a big partnership, maybe a quick cameo but nothing special

Surendar, I have nothing against Sachin, I just thought, based on his first few balls, that he wouldn't be in for long. Turns out he has managed to play a fine 40*.
It wasn't really fine, though. It was more a survival sort of innings with a few good shots here and there.

well he put the bad balls away and left the good balls. he basically played every ball on its merit, which is good. i hope dhoni doesnt come to the crease all guns blazing (if he comes to the crease, hopefully he shouldnt because Laxman and Tendulkar should have put in a 200 partnersihp by then!), because if he goes out there all guns blazing at about 10 overs into the day, india might struggle...

Umm... not exactly. There were plenty of long-hops and widish half-volleys that he elected to leave. He was bowled at very strategically and looks like he almost fell prey to it.

but he can come out all guns blazing if it someting like 450-5, right?

Depends if it's American style all guns blazing (possibly hitting the off strike batsman...) or if it's some kind of James Bond gun blazing style where he can't miss anything....

---

Odd day, I thought Anderson improved throughout the day, a jaffer to Dravid. Sidebottom bowled well again, should've had more reward, should've had Sachin too, Prior needs to work on his footwork, get that right and he'll improve a lot more behind the stumps. Tremlett wasn't as good as he was at TB, maybe his shoulder injury is affecting him a little. Ganguly was very unlucky with his decision, maybe Karthik was too. Although players and umpire seemed completely convinced, quite an odd dismissal in many ways.

Tomorrow morning is massive, if it goes to India then they have full control, if it goes to England we could bowl them out for an under par score (say 400-430) and we could have a sniff.

Well, i can see India in good position at the moment. Sachin/Sourav did their role very well to prevent the initiation of collapse when two quick wickets fell. About bad decisions, we can't help it... Its just that we are unlucky.

And manee, Tendulkar is still batting :D Sachin!!! Sachin!!! :p No matter however slow he is going.. He has rooted well to the crease nailing the critics back to where they came from! ;) lol..

Also, I have come across many 4 byes ( atleast three 4 byes in quick glance in cricinfo ) from Prior. strange!

As bad as his footwork was, one in particular from Sidebottom, no one would've got.

That was not a sharp change in sound and I daresay it registers something like that even if the batsman is not playing a shot. Notice that I'm not bagging the decision because I think Karthik's reaction is enough to suggest that Snicko may have got it wrong.

Well to me that reaction looked more like a "I was so close to a Test hundred! I'm a fool!". I'm very unsure on the Karthik dismissal, technology showed nothing, but fielders and umpire seemed convinced. I do remember Snicko at times not showing edges when the ball did hit the edge.

50-50 imo, we'll never know :X-files:

Last edited:
Prior really needs to work on his keeping. England just can't find someone competent with both really. I don't think he deserves dropping because he's played some good innings, just needs to put work in. Lots of byes as well (though some were mean)

I thought him shutting up a bit might help him. It didn't.

India though in real strong position. If they put up a big total, England are going to find it really hard to rescue the series.

Users who are viewing this thread