India in England/Ireland/Scotland

i never saw any of englands bowlerg getting reverse swing, anyway kumble should come into the attack fairly quickly this time round...

The ball that got dravid out was an example of reverse swing.

Anyway I think the Indian seamers should get this working more than the English bowlers. If Flintoff had been fit and bowling, you'd have seen more reverse swing...

That Howell is making more bad decisions. Dear oh dear.

I absolutly loved Nasser's comment about Pietersen going back out and Ganguly not. That's a brilliant point. The ICC need to sort the rules out. It's hardly fair.

They need to bring in third umpires. 2 appeals per team, per innings is enough. So if they get out, know 100% they arn't they can challenge it. Over 2 bad decisions per innings isn't going to happen. Any more is too much. The alternative is give them 1 and if the third umpire reverses the call, they get their 1 back to use again. So long as they arn't wasting the third umpires time.

And LBW's should be umpire done without referals. I;m only speaking of hitting ther ball before an LBW, doubtful catches, and edges.

Referrals were used in the Friends Provident Trophy over here this season though, and they had the ridiculous rule that the umpire's mistake had to be clear. Stupid, if it's out, it's out!

The ball that got dravid out was an example of reverse swing.

I'm not sure it was, Jimmy has shown the ability to conventionally swing it both ways through a nimble wrist and high bowling arm.

Referrals were used in the Friends Provident Trophy over here this season though, and they had the ridiculous rule that the umpire's mistake had to be clear. Stupid, if it's out, it's out!

Yes. It was a bit of a disaster in the Friends Provident Trophy, hardly any were overturned.

India doing well here, should look to build on this. Plenty of time, no matter how long it takes, India should look to amass a score in the region of 450-500.

Last edited:
Just a question, has Monty ever taken a catch in Test Cricket? And what ever happened to that Indian opener Akash Chopra?

Monty has taken three catches in test cricket. Aakash Chopra is playing in the Staffordshire Leagues in England for Hem-Heath CC. He averages 73.18 overall and 84.17 this year.

Aakash Chopra at playcricket.

EDIT: He is also quite the bowler too, taking 25% of his team's wickets.

Last edited:
Just a question, has Monty ever taken a catch in Test Cricket? And what ever happened to that Indian opener Akash Chopra?

Yes, Monty took a caught and bowled against the West Indies.
He caught Tendulkar out in India, 2006 as well.

K, Thanks.

Am just watching the highlights from the 1st day right now, and man that Kartik can play great shots on the off side, I love his cover and off drive.

Karthik says he got a nick and he has no doubt about that. So I would give that to the umpire. The batsman has a better feel of the ball, and if he says there was a nick, I think it was.

Credit to him, he could've seen the replays and said "Umpire got it wrong", I agree though the batsman know if he's hit it or not.

Why would you have total disintrest in leaving the ball for a first slip sitter?

Im going jumping off a bridge!

i think prior felt he had to take a splendid catch to make up, i'd hate to be in his shose right now. anyway i dont think india will make a big as score as th pundits on sky sports are going on about, i think they'll make 400 max

Users who are viewing this thread