India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I'm not really going to say that was a great delivery, more like great field placings.

A hat-trick would do no harm to our cause.

Well isn't Tendulkar in a terrible run of form at the moment? I haven't been following these matches, but isn't he not playing so well?

Bad form means nothing, he can snap right back out of it. In all honesty, if he snaps out of it on this pitch, hes off for a double century :p

Well isn't Tendulkar in a terrible run of form at the moment? I haven't been following these matches, but isn't he not playing so well?

I wouldn't exactly call scoring 91 in your last match and only missing out on a hundred to a shocking delivery 'bad form'

Tremlett overpitches slightly and Kharthik punched the ball down the ground for four.

Nice stroke.

I wouldn't exactly call scoring 91 in your last match and only missing out on a hundred to a shocking delivery 'bad form'

Like I said, I haven't followed this series. Only know that India won the last test, and England had only need a wicket left and the game ended

Last edited:
I wouldn't really call Ponting a good captain; He's just a class batsman who happens to captain the best team in the world. But that argument is for another day however.

What scares me is that Dravid hasn't done anything in this series yet so he's due.

Plus, he is getting on with age, he cant do what he used to do in his younger age, getting big scores and staying out there for massive scores and long hauls.

Good point, Ponting has the players round him so just needs to pull a few strings and place a few people and it'll usually pay off, whereas Vaughan hasn't got the calibre of players, and has to use his noggin!

Anderson going at 5 RPO, little bit expensive, but got the wicket so im happy, at the moment.

Last edited:
Just off topic for a second, but Matt, why is your name no longer the colour it was? Did you quit as a news team member?

Why wasn't that given a wide?

Last edited:
Anderson's been poor. His lack consistency is really starting to worry me now.

Panesar is the key today.

Just off topic for a second, but Matt, why is your name no longer the colour it was? Did you quit as a news team member?

Why wasn't that given a wide?

Yes.

I don't know, ask the umpire.

Last edited:
Key passage of play here. If Panesar doesn't do well then we're going to be doing a lot of chasing in this match.

Monty's playing the holding role, i reckon he'll get through 20 overs easily before close, actually 25 overs, because he is key to us bowling them out. At the moment hes just keeping it tight, but tonight it'll start to spin a bit then, his time will come! I hope.

100 up for India.

Bad fielding there from Monty. Terrible really. Should do better. He gives an extra 2 runs away as they make 3.

Last edited:
Well you have to run with the bad with Panesar, who does make some howlers in the field, but does anyone really care? He's Englands best spinner at the moment.

Well you have to run with the bad with Panesar, who does make some howlers in the field, but does anyone really care? He's Englands best spinner at the moment.

In terms of Battrick, do you think his fielding would be "abysmal"? :p
Or worthless?

Users who are viewing this thread