India in England/Ireland/Scotland

batting first is definetley on the boards for both teams, but i feel enland handle bounce better, and you saw how dinesh karthik and sachin tendulkar got bounced out in the second innings at trent bridge, it kinf of confuses things for the captain. i reckon tremlett will be the biggest threat.

What was going through my mind was last season's test at The Oval - we were rolled over for 173!

Looking at India's middle order though, England won't be replicating that tomorrow so bat, bat, bat!

What was going through my mind was last season's test at The Oval - we were rolled over for 173!

Looking at India's middle order though, England won't be replicating that tomorrow so bat, bat, bat!

That's because Asif was bowling like a demon and we had a really off day. The pitch wasn't doing much.

wouldnt be so sure of batting first if i were england with the threat of khan and kumble on a bouncy pitch...but then again if england collapse, so will india, because they cant play 'bounce' that well and england have slightly bouncier bowlers except in their spin department.

You must have watched A Beautiful Mind. Something similar, I would guess. :D

That's uncannily coincidental. That film is on BBC3 right now!

If there is in fact any justice in the world, England will bat first and be 500/3 by the close. But we all there isn't any justice, so we'll be 99/7 with rain slashing the day in half.

because they cant play 'bounce' that well and england have slightly bouncier bowlers except in their spin department.

Wouldn't be too sure of that. Monty is just as much a threat on a bouncy wicket as Kumble is. Panesar has performed exceptionally well on bouncy tracks. Just look at his performances at Old Trafford and the one at Perth; Admittedly Perth isn't as bouncy as it once was, but it's still full of bounce.

Last edited:
i reckon if england bat first at the end of the dat they'll be 350-6ish with pietersen still at the crease just making his ton. i think this because runs will be easy to come because the ball will come onto the bat easily due to a bouncy pitch.

if india bat first i reckon they'll be 300-7 with one batsemn still at the crease. india do tned to score slower than india.

I can't see Pietersen doing too well in the first innings, the Indians will no doubt be giving him some lip after what happened in the second test and he's not exactly feeling tip top.

I can't see Pietersen doing too well in the first innings, the Indians will no doubt be giving him some lip after what happened in the second test and he's not exactly feeling tip top.

mark my word, he will, sreesanth will just give him a couple of long hops and he'll be on his way to make another ton.....;)

If there is in fact any justice in the world, England will bat first and be 500/3 by the close. But we all there isn't any justice, so we'll be 99/7 with rain slashing the day in half.

Oh quit whining about there being any justice. If there was justice then all the lbw decisions gone against India (and England) should be lifted. Perhaps all rained out matches should have different scores.

In the end, though, it all evens out, but continuously moaning about being hard done by is a really pathetic 'sore-loserism'.

Oh quit whining about there being any justice. If there was justice then all the lbw decisions gone against India (and England) should be lifted. Perhaps all rained out matches should have different scores.

In the end, though, it all evens out, but continuously moaning about being hard done by is a really pathetic 'sore-loserism'.

Where's the moaning? Stop stirring because you won't get an argument out of me.

It really is impossible to predict whether or not Pietersen plays well. He's such an awkward player that he doesn't really follow form, he just either turns up on the day or he doesn't.

its a bit weird for KP because he either gets out playing a stupid shot or gets done by a beauty.....

Where's the moaning?
That's uncannily coincidental. That film is on BBC3 right now!

...it's not moaning. It's just you being a drama queen. Gotta say, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's finding it a bit irritating now.

I still think India will atleast tie this test. KP is sick, but will probably look to score b.c all of the stuff that's been happening - I'm expecting a ton from him. Sreesanth's also going to look to prove himself, which he hasn't done all series. Zaheer will probably be the pick of the bowlers on the Indian side, however. I somehow can see an oldie getting a ton - like Tendulkar or Dravid (who hit form in the practice test). Also, I think Tremlett and Monty will bag plenty of wickets. I have a feeling that Kumble wont have such a good outing, but he might wrap up the tail or get one big wicket.

Of course, all of this is speculation based on current performances and my opinion.

Last edited:
England are really under the kosh come half ten tomorrow (the toss) from there on in it's several days of maximum effort and maximum determination. Despite our situation, I'm quietly confident as I know we can put on performances when we are really under the kosh. Plus India have played very well for 2 games, can they hold it for a 3rd? Will Zaheer and RP still trouble the England batsmen? Can our openers get a good start? Can Bell score a hundred?

So many questions, so many answers.

Oh boy, this is going to be big.

I have to stick my head out and say an England win. I have no other choice I think :D

i can see india batting really slowly and getting out for 400 on the end of day 2, basically they will kill the game as soon as they can

Users who are viewing this thread